StressNon - Liquid Pregnenolone

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
The eugenol solvent makes me smell like a gingerbread man, and topical application burns like hell. I have a bottle if anyone wants to try it. I only used 5 drops.

edit: the Stressnon is sold. But I will buy SFA ester Stressnon if anyone has any left over.

The eugenol was added for a number of reasons - estrogen antagonist, MUCH better solvent for pregnenolone so that no more precipitation occurs, transdermal enhancer, and finally Peat-recommended to quite a few people due to its health benefits.
https://www.researchgate.net/public...tudy_permeation_enhancement_effect_of_eugenol
"...Optimized batch was evaluated for permeation enhancement through rat skin using natural permeation enhancer Eugenol and it was concluded that permeation enhancement through Eugenol was comparable to the commercially available permeation enhancer Dimethyl sulfoxide 1% (DMSO). All the films were found to be stable at 37ºC and 45ºC with respect to their physical parameters and drug content."

RP: “A large body of recent scientific evidence supports claims from traditional medicine that eugenol exerts beneficial effects on human health. ... Eugenol has also shown excellent antimicrobial activity in studies, being active against fungi and a wide range of gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria.” Mar 27, 2017 Antimicrobial activity of eugenol and essential oils - NCBI Antimicrobial activity of eugenol and essential oils containing eugenol: A mechanistic viewpoint. - PubMed - NCBI

And here are the studies on its antiestrogenic effects:
Assessment of estrogenic activity in some common essential oil constituents. - PubMed - NCBI
http://www.actamedicamediterranea.c...ulates-estrogen-receptor-related-proteins/pdf

And yes, it only burns when applied to scrotum there is so sensitive. Applications to other areas such as arms, shoulders, chest, legs, abdomen, etc should not be a problem. I am pretty happy about the eugenol so far. Aside from its amazing spectrum of beneficial effects it seems to prevent precipitation/crystallization even when the solution is exposed to low temps.

@Vincent123 @postman

Thank you. So it now has this new solvent for sure? The idealabs website/cart hasn't been updated to list eugenol yet

Yes, you can see what solvent is used when you add an item to the cart. I believe the switch to eugenol is a good move.

I've only tried tyronene from idealabs but the previous solvent for that was also pyrrolidone. I think precipitation is a huge issue with that solvent because I experienced hypothyroid symptoms no matter how many drops I took. The symptoms went away when I switched sources. I never had any issues with tyronene when the solvent was SFA so it was definitely the pyrrolidone that was causing problems. That said, I have high hopes for the eugenol version.

postman

The eugenol was added for a number of reasons - estrogen antagonist, MUCH better solvent for pregnenolone so that no more precipitation occurs, transdermal enhancer, and finally Peat-recommended to quite a few people due to its health benefits.
https://www.researchgate.net/public...tudy_permeation_enhancement_effect_of_eugenol
"...Optimized batch was evaluated for permeation enhancement through rat skin using natural permeation enhancer Eugenol and it was concluded that permeation enhancement through Eugenol was comparable to the commercially available permeation enhancer Dimethyl sulfoxide 1% (DMSO). All the films were found to be stable at 37ºC and 45ºC with respect to their physical parameters and drug content."

RP: “A large body of recent scientific evidence supports claims from traditional medicine that eugenol exerts beneficial effects on human health. ... Eugenol has also shown excellent antimicrobial activity in studies, being active against fungi and a wide range of gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria.” Mar 27, 2017 Antimicrobial activity of eugenol and essential oils - NCBI Antimicrobial activity of eugenol and essential oils containing eugenol: A mechanistic viewpoint. - PubMed - NCBI

And here are the studies on its antiestrogenic effects:
Assessment of estrogenic activity in some common essential oil constituents. - PubMed - NCBI
http://www.actamedicamediterranea.c...ulates-estrogen-receptor-related-proteins/pdf

And yes, it only burns when applied to scrotum there is so sensitive. Applications to other areas such as arms, shoulders, chest, legs, abdomen, etc should not be a problem. I am pretty happy about the eugenol so far. Aside from its amazing spectrum of beneficial effects it seems to prevent precipitation/crystallization even when the solution is exposed to low temps.

@Vincent123 @postman

Yes, you can see what solvent is used when you add an item to the cart. I believe the switch to eugenol is a good move.

I've only tried tyronene from idealabs but the previous solvent for that was also pyrrolidone. I think precipitation is a huge issue with that solvent because I experienced hypothyroid symptoms no matter how many drops I took. The symptoms went away when I switched sources. I never had any issues with tyronene when the solvent was SFA so it was definitely the pyrrolidone that was causing problems. That said, I have high hopes for the eugenol version.
Thank you

Lejeboca

I am posting here on eugenol although I've used it only as a solvent in Pansterone.

It actually burns in the same places on skin where a product with DMSO burns. In particular in cubital fossa (elbow pit). The cloths that come in contact with the application place, even after the skin is dry. retain the rift of clove ("Tiger balm" :): ) until they are washed. The same goes for hair coming it the product is applied behind the ear, e.g

The overall absorption does seem better. But not to the extent to merit tolerating smelling tiger balm on oneself all the time.
@haidut , would it be possible to retain SFA as solvent as option and not go to eugenol ubiquitously? Thanks!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I am posting here on eugenol although I've used it only as a solvent in Pansterone.

It actually burns in the same places on skin where a product with DMSO burns. In particular in cubital fossa (elbow pit). The cloths that come in contact with the application place, even after the skin is dry. retain the rift of clove ("Tiger balm" :): ) until they are washed. The same goes for hair coming it the product is applied behind the ear, e.g

The overall absorption does seem better. But not to the extent to merit tolerating smelling tiger balm on oneself all the time.
@haidut , would it be possible to retain SFA as solvent as option and not go to eugenol ubiquitously? Thanks!

OK, we will see what can be done. Maybe we can reduce the eugenol so that the smell is not so strong, or remove it altogether. It is not set in stone that we will be using it going forward. If people do not like it then we won't use it.

Gone Peating

OK, we will see what can be done. Maybe we can reduce the eugenol so that the smell is not so strong, or remove it altogether. It is not set in stone that we will be using it going forward. If people do not like it then we won't use it.

Maybe just have sfa esters and alcohol as the standard.

And also offer the dmso or eugenol option for those who want the enhanced absorption and don’t experience issues with them

Catecholamine

Yeah, for what it's worth, I love the eugenol solvent. Sure the smell can be annoying, but I don't get any burning and I love that it enhances absorption comparably to DMSO without the negative effects. So yeah, I hope eugenol stays available.

Inaut

I liked eugenol but found the smell becomes rather sickening after a while.

Mauritio

I wanted to say that I really like pregnenolone on my forehead a lot .
It relaxes me so much.
I really get out of my head and just start living the moment.
Normally I have a hard time letting go and always plan what I'm doing next ,but with this I am content and focused:)
It's like a new supplement just because I used it on another spot.
In fact you could add that preg has always other benefits depending on the place of application .
Its like an adaptogen . The scrotum ,topically and orally have also given me different results . It's like a 4 in 1 supplement .

Catecholamine

I wanted to say that I really like pregnenolone on my forehead a lot .
It relaxes me so much.
I really get out of my head and just start living the moment.
Normally I have a hard time letting go and always plan what I'm doing next ,but with this I am content and focused:)
It's like a new supplement just because I used it on another spot.
In fact you could add that preg has always other benefits depending on the place of application .
Its like an adaptogen . The scrotum ,topically and orally have also given me different results . It's like a 4 in 1 supplement .
How many drops do you put on your forehead?

Scott Andrew

+1 for bringing back SFA solvent as an option. Eugenol burns me when I try it on the elbow pit, have to use it on a hairy area to avoid it. Absorption does feel a bit better though FWIW. Thank you as always @haidut

postman

Huh both this and tocovit make my hands and feet cold. I doubt it's because it's lowering stress, because I feel more stressed and scatterbrained, and usually when you are warm because of stress hormones you might have a high core temperature but the extremities are cold, which was not my pre-supplementation state. Maybe my body is not taking well to these special plant compounds? The policosanol/eugenol I mean. Allergy/oversensitivity maybe. Is it possible that there is any mineral residue in these supplements, any iron? I only took 1 single drop on my skin so i'm leaning towards this being an oversensitivity to something in it.

MeatOrchid

I think the scent of eugenol as a lotion. Very fresh. I really enjoy the eugenol because of this and the antiestrogen. Hope there is more to come.

shine

What ever happened to the FEMA 2415 (ethylacetoacetate) version? I still have a bit of that version left and it works amazing, it smells a bit funny but has been my favorite solvent so far.

Gone Peating

What ever happened to the FEMA 2415 (ethylacetoacetate) version? I still have a bit of that version left and it works amazing, it smells a bit funny but has been my favorite solvent so far.

Mine too and I really like the smell

iPeat

Idealabs' website doesn't list eugenol as a solvent right now. Is this correct?

JKX

Idealabs' website doesn't list eugenol as a solvent right now. Is this correct?
Correct. It has been removed in favour of an alcohol based solvent. In my opinion the eugenol version was far more potent. I have to use around double the number of drops for the same effect topically.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals