Energin - Liquid B-Complex Vitamin Mix

ursidae

I worked up to 30-40 drops of Energin per day and have almost completely cured my chronic headaches! I think it has to do with a chronic riboflavin deficiency leading to a sort of ocular rosacea, mentioned by Ray in this article: Rosacea, inflammation, and aging: The inefficiency of stress

Unfortunately, I get stomach gurgles and gas when taken orally, so I’m rubbing all of the drops my arms and legs lol. @haidut do you think it’s the riboflavin, the ethanol, or something else that might cause irritation? I haven’t had issues with your other supplements when taken orally.
Riboflavin is subject to rapid photochemical degradation so I'm not sure topical application is appropriate

TAG145

Forum Supporter
I have always had issues with B vitamins. I get so nauseated even when taking with food, so I've avoided them. I know I need them, so I purchased Energin to use topically. I have been using it topically, which is quite a mess. Using 5-7 drops on my stomach without issue (except yellow body). I was going to be wearing a white shirt, so today I dropped 10 drops in some OJ, which resulted in a horrible headache and ravenous appetite. I have eaten yogurt, tortilla chips, grapefruit so far and still hungry. How are those managing applying topically? I feel like I lose a lot of it because I use my hand to rub on my stomach and my hand gets a lot of the product, then I wash my hands. I have sprayed SolBan over it thinking it might help absorption. Thanks!

mrsuomi

Wtf, why does energin now come in a plastic bottle? Alcohol and plastic makes xenoestrogens concentrate

LuMonty

Definitely liking the formulation since the B1 change, usually do 3-5 drops and repeat over the day. Only negative is the stuff is super runny so can be hard to dose. Still an excellent value for the price, can't see myself using another multi-B supplement now.
Wtf, why does energin now come in a plastic bottle? Alcohol and plastic makes xenoestrogens concentrate
I would email idealabs suppoort about that. I've always gotten quick answers. Haven't ordered Energin in a bit so don't know exactly what you're talking about.

bagotage

Hasn't every IdeaLabs supplement always come in plastic bottles?

bagotage

@haidut any idea when it will restock?

Candeias

I'm trying to figure out why people claim that R5P is 5 - 10x more bioavailable than simple riboflavin when this old study says they have the same bioavailability and r5p is phosphorylated to simple riboflavin in the gut before being absorbed, is there any newer studies refuting this?

Attachments

• jps.2600560112.pdf
    513 KB · Views: 22

baron

This tastes markedly different from the previous batch. What's going on? Is it the new b1 or the anhydrol?

I searched for more info on what anhydrol is but couldn't find anything. Is that the actual chemical name?
Anhydrous ethyl alcohol, anhydrous meaning free of water, so it's 99.9 % pure alcohol.

Mathgirl

I started using this on my scalp at night. It feels so good! And no staining after I wash my hair in the morning. Good sleep too.

Mathgirl

I had read somewhere that the scalp absorbs more than other skin areas. I don't have the reference to back that up though. I also though it could be good for hair health. And seem to pee it all out when I take it in juice.

Summer

I’ve also been using some topically the past couple days. It really doesn’t seem like it’s absorbing very well. I put it on before bed and it’s all still there in the morning. Washes right off too.

Nebula

Just had a crazy experience with this product, thought I’d share

Today I got home with some homework to do, and had trouble getting started ( I was diagnosed with “ADHD” as a child and always have this issue)
For a few hours, I did anything besides start my work: watched sports; YouTube; etc. anything to put off doing the inevitable homework I had to do. All of a sudden; I felt a rush of concentration, clarity and motivation unlike anything I am used to. It was so profound that I I sat there pondering for a few minutes: what I did to cure these symptoms: was it something I ate? A supplement I took? Nothing came to mind out of the ordinary. 3 straight hours later of doing homework (unheard of for me, I usually can’t sit still and concentrate on anything for very long), I see the bottle of Energin on my desk and it hit me; I applied b vitamins!

Instead of giving people amphetamines for ADHD (which I luckily always refused to take growing up no matter how hard my parents/teachers/doctors pushed them on me), why not try a simple B complex first? ADHD might be as simple as a vitamin B6 deficiency -Haidut

(P.S)I have taken multivitamins/ B- complex’s in the past with nothing ever approaching this kind of effect (at least not to my recollection); My theory is it’s due to the fact that Energin contains the “active” form of b6 while other supplements use a different form (pyridoxine hydrochloride salt), or it could be that applying topically led to greater effects than conventional oral pills.

Thank you Georgi for the great product(s)- you are changing lives!
Where did you apply the energin topically? Do you get consistent results? I love that feeling of euphoric oxidative carb metabolism but find it incredibly fleeting to sustain more than a couple days.

Sapien

Where did you apply the energin topically? Do you get consistent results? I love that feeling of euphoric oxidative carb metabolism but find it incredibly fleeting to sustain more than a couple days.
Nebula I noticed I didn't get that experience with the product again it was probably just a coincidence lmao I feel stupid for even writing that.

Still definitely a good product though, mainly since it doesn't use the harmful forms of B vitamins like pyridoxine HCL Georgi posted about

OJ and Salt

Forum Supporter
EDIT (10/21/22): We changed the vitamin B1 in Energin from the thiamine Hcl to the lipophilic analog known as prosultiamine. The latter is an analog of allithiamine, and allithiamine is well-known to forum users for its high bioavailability and ability to raise levels of thiamine pyrophosphate (TPP) in muscles, brains, and other organs while the same has not been shown to occur with intake of thiamin Hcl. TPP is also a required co-factor of the enzyme pyruvate dehydrogenase (PDH), which is the rate-limiting step in the oxidative metabolism of glucose. PDH downregulation has been observed in many diseases including diabetes, obesity, cancer, dementia, MELAS, ALS, myopathies, mental disorders, infectious diseases, sepsis, etc.
As such, the presence of porsultiamine in Energin should increase the effects associated with usage of vitamin B1. Both prosultiamine and allithiamine are naturally occurring analogs of vitamin B1, and present in high concentrations in garlic and are probably responsible for the unique smell of garlic, with Energin now smelling somewhat similar to garlic as well.

EDIT (12/15/18): We changed the Energin bottle from 2 ounce to the 1 ounce size. The amount of vitamins per dose and the servings per bottle (30) stay the same. So, basically, the same product but more concentrated and thus with less liquid. Many people have asked for smaller bottles as measuring 40 drops from the 2oz bottle is tedious and with the new bottle a single serving will be only 20 drops. Also, the smaller bottle is obviously lighter and this will lower shipping costs, especially for international orders.

Hi all,

After several weeks of experimentation, we are finally ready to start offering the B complex supplement I mentioned in my previous threads. We are calling it Energin. It is designed for topical administration. For the topical method I used a slightly modified ethanol solution, so basically the supplement is a mix of high purity B vitamins in 20% ethanol. Other than the B vitamins (all of them with greater than 98% purity) and the diluted ethanol, there is nothing else in the bottle. Here are some basic facts about the supplement.

Note: This product contains raw material(s) meant for external use only, in cosmetic or other formulations designed for such external use.

Serving size - 25 drops
Servings per container - 30

Each serving contains:
Vitamin B1 (Prosultiamine): 25mg
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin-5-Phosphate): 15mg
Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide): 100mg
Vitamin B5 (D-Panthenol): 50mg
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate): 6mg
Vitamin B7 (Biotin): 1mg

Other ingredients: add product to shopping cart to see info
Based on a study "j." posted about a month ago, the topical absorption is over 90% for the vitamins above. The vitamins above were chosen since he has written about them in many of his articles. For the people wondering why Energin does not contain folic acid, or B12, please see this discussion:
DNA Methylation, Aging, And Cancer
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me here or send me a PM.
Thanks again for your patience.
I just received my order. Please advise the protocol to take a dosage - drops, optimal topical location. This is new for me. Thx

MikeyFitz

EDIT (10/21/22): We changed the vitamin B1 in Energin from the thiamine Hcl to the lipophilic analog known as prosultiamine. The latter is an analog of allithiamine, and allithiamine is well-known to forum users for its high bioavailability and ability to raise levels of thiamine pyrophosphate (TPP) in muscles, brains, and other organs while the same has not been shown to occur with intake of thiamin Hcl. TPP is also a required co-factor of the enzyme pyruvate dehydrogenase (PDH), which is the rate-limiting step in the oxidative metabolism of glucose. PDH downregulation has been observed in many diseases including diabetes, obesity, cancer, dementia, MELAS, ALS, myopathies, mental disorders, infectious diseases, sepsis, etc.
As such, the presence of porsultiamine in Energin should increase the effects associated with usage of vitamin B1. Both prosultiamine and allithiamine are naturally occurring analogs of vitamin B1, and present in high concentrations in garlic and are probably responsible for the unique smell of garlic, with Energin now smelling somewhat similar to garlic as well.

EDIT (12/15/18): We changed the Energin bottle from 2 ounce to the 1 ounce size. The amount of vitamins per dose and the servings per bottle (30) stay the same. So, basically, the same product but more concentrated and thus with less liquid. Many people have asked for smaller bottles as measuring 40 drops from the 2oz bottle is tedious and with the new bottle a single serving will be only 20 drops. Also, the smaller bottle is obviously lighter and this will lower shipping costs, especially for international orders.

Hi all,

After several weeks of experimentation, we are finally ready to start offering the B complex supplement I mentioned in my previous threads. We are calling it Energin. It is designed for topical administration. For the topical method I used a slightly modified ethanol solution, so basically the supplement is a mix of high purity B vitamins in 20% ethanol. Other than the B vitamins (all of them with greater than 98% purity) and the diluted ethanol, there is nothing else in the bottle. Here are some basic facts about the supplement.

Note: This product contains raw material(s) meant for external use only, in cosmetic or other formulations designed for such external use.

Serving size - 25 drops

Each serving contains:

Based on a study "j." posted about a month ago, the topical absorption is over 90% for the vitamins above. The vitamins above were chosen since he has written about them in many of his articles. For the people wondering why Energin does not contain folic acid, or B12, please see this discussion:
On a recent podcast I heard it said that Niacinamide may be better dosed in 50mg-100mg doses possibly 2 to 3 times a day to maximize NAD levels.

That said, do you think taking Energin at 10 drops in a gelatin capsule, 2 - 3 times per day would be optimal?

Considering the garlic odor of the product, I don't imagine that topical application would be all that attractive. :):

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter

Hi all,

Serving size - 25 drops

Each serving contains:

Haidut,
Does energin now contain B5?
The picture of the bottle on the idealabs site does not list B5.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Is the dosage the same as it was when this was first released?
"Serving size - 25 drops
Each serving contains:
Vitamin B7 (Biotin): 1mg"

I see some posts saying that 80 drops is now 2 doses?
Paul