Retinil - Liquid Vitamin A

vilsty

recently I got my PAP smears with the IIIA group and started researching what my options are.

I came across the following Peat's quote:

"Many women with abnormal Pap smears, even with a biopsy showing the so-called" carcinoma in situ, "have returned to normal in just two months with a diet including the following: 90 grams of protein, 500 mg. Of magnesium as chloride, 100,000 units of vitamin A, 400 units of vitamin E, 5 mg of folic acid, 100 mg of pantothenic acid, 100 mg of B6 and niacinamide, and 500 mg of vitamin C, with progesterone and thyroid as needed. be eaten once a week, because of its high B-vitamin content. Some of the women apply vitamin A (not carotene) directly to the cervix. "

and I am wondering what form of vitamin A Ray Peat had in mind when he wrote this.

Any suggestions? Retinyl Acetate or Palmitate? Or maybe retinol?

Dannyb

Is there any issues with vitamin a toxicity or is that only a thing with beta carotene? What kind of levels are safe to take consistently if one is already supplementing with liver capsules (5000IU roughly)

Cecilia L.

As discussed on several threads on the forum, I have finally managed to procure enough high-purity vitamin A and can now release a supplement that mimics closely the product from Nutrisorb. There are two options - one using retinyl acatete and providing a dose of 2,400 IU per drop, and one using retinyl palmitate and providing 5,000 IU per drop (courtesy to @Amazoniac lobbying). The palmitate version is also oil-based - i.e. the vitamin is dissolved in MCT and not ethanol/water.
A very promising recent study (see first one in the references below) found that a single dose of vitamin A can be a viable treatment of autism! The positive effects were due to reductions of serotonin synthesis by vitamin A through inhibition of TPH. I cannot possibly overstate the importance of this finding given the low toxicity and low price of vitamin A, and its wide availability. Also, there aren't that many cheap and easily available chemicals that inhibit TPH, especially when taken as a single dose.
Here are the details, and you can order from the links shown in my profile signature.

Note: This product contains raw material(s) meant for external use only, in cosmetic or other formulations designed for such external use.

Retinil is a liquid supplement containing high-purity vitamin A. The vitamin A form used in Retinil has been extensively studied in humans and animal models. According to Wikipedia retinyl acetate "...has potential antineoplastic and chemopreventive activities". The product can be used on its own or in combination with other supplements.

Servings per container: about 360
Each drop contains the following ingredients:

Retinyl: acetate - 2,400 IU | palmitate - 5,000 IU

Other ingredients: add product to shopping cart to see info

References:
Vitamin A May Be A Viable Therapy For Autism (human Study)
Retinyl acetate - Wikipedia
NCI Drug Dictionary
Retinyl acetate inhibits mammary carcinogenesis induced by N-methyl-N-nitrosourea. - PubMed - NCBI

Hello how many drops off the Palmitate to lower endotoxins/high estrogen in the body and help with thyroid health would you suggest? I am already taking Vit E and K :)

GorillaHead

Who here is still seeing benefits for dandruff?
I am so mystified by retinol. first it made me super dry. Then it made my skin dewy. amd during those times. Dandruff was gone. Then it stopped producing affects all together. Wtf is going on. Feel like not a single person here understands this vitamin. hell nothing published seem To understand it either

B

BRBsavinWorld

It tastes surprisingly like carrot… you juicing carrots Haidut? Lol

Bodrum

@haidut
Hi Giorgi, do you have the idealabs products in Bulgaria.. I could drive to get some in Bulgaria rather than having to deal with turkish costums and extra taxes... thanks ???‍♂️

Waynish

Anyone experiment with putting this around the eye to try to target the eye? Perhaps the alcohol version around the skin of the eye socket would be the best way? I realize neither version is good for applying directly to the eye.

daphne134

If possible, I'd do the scalp or temples. Some people get cognitive boost from applying vitamin A close to or on the head.
Wrists, earlobes, ankles, shoulders and inner thighs are also good places.

What about navel, would that be good or not for this one?

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
If I want the systemic benefits of Vitamin A, and not local skin benefits, should I use retinil orally?

InChristAlone

recently I got my PAP smears with the IIIA group and started researching what my options are.

I came across the following Peat's quote:

"Many women with abnormal Pap smears, even with a biopsy showing the so-called" carcinoma in situ, "have returned to normal in just two months with a diet including the following: 90 grams of protein, 500 mg. Of magnesium as chloride, 100,000 units of vitamin A, 400 units of vitamin E, 5 mg of folic acid, 100 mg of pantothenic acid, 100 mg of B6 and niacinamide, and 500 mg of vitamin C, with progesterone and thyroid as needed. be eaten once a week, because of its high B-vitamin content. Some of the women apply vitamin A (not carotene) directly to the cervix. "

and I am wondering what form of vitamin A Ray Peat had in mind when he wrote this.

Any suggestions? Retinyl Acetate or Palmitate? Or maybe retinol?
Yikes, Ray Peat was a fan of chemotherapy!! Retinoids are being used as chemotherapy, he clearly picked up on that with this suggestion. Absolutely horrendous.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
I see the initial values for Retinyl acetate as being 1 drop = 2400 IU.
Is that 2400 IU of Vitamin A, which would be equal to about 800 mcg of retinol?