Shelf life is quite short, I received in October but it already expired 2 months ago. I still have one bottle left. Do you think it already lost much potency if it was stored in 20 degree C in dark place?

Mauritio

Shelf life is quite short, I received in October but it already expired 2 months ago. I still have one bottle left. Do you think it already lost much potency if it was stored in 20 degree C in dark place?
No , from my experience the idealabs supplements , especially the steroids last way longer than advertised . I had a 5 year old 5aDHP bottle that I still used a week ago , worked fine.

Mauritio

Weird how progesterone and allopregnanolone increase tumors in these studies. that just doesnt make sense to me.
that also makes me question the validity of the studies that show a pro-cancer effect of 5aDHP.
any thoughts?

potentially there is a biphasic response:
"Recently the study of 3α-THP has indicated that low physiological concentrations of this metabolite induce the progression of several types of cancer, such as breast, ovarian, and glioblastoma, while high concentrations inhibit it."
- Allopregnanolone: Metabolism, Mechanisms of Action, and Its Role in Cancer - PubMed

There are a bunch of studies showing a pro-cancer effect of Prog, ALLO and 5aDHP, they are all in vitro though:

- Progesterone and its metabolite allopregnanolone promote invasion of human glioblastoma cells through metalloproteinase‑9 and cSrc kinase - PubMed
- Intracellular Progesterone Receptor and cSrc Protein Working Together to Regulate the Activity of Proteins Involved in Migration and Invasion of Human Glioblastoma Cells - PubMed
- Allopregnanolone Promotes Migration and Invasion of Human Glioblastoma Cells through the Protein Tyrosine Kinase c-Src Activation - PubMed
- Allopregnanolone promotes proliferation and differential gene expression in human glioblastoma cells - PubMed
- 5alpha-dihydroprogesterone promotes proliferation and migration of human glioblastoma cells - PubMed
- Rapid Actions of the Nuclear Progesterone Receptor through cSrc in Cancer - PubMed

LizRey86

I already take 100 mg of pregnenalone daily (with excellent results), is it safe to take the allopregnenalone in addition to this? Or would it be better to take them on different days?

Tidal

How long does it take this to work and how should you take it? Put it in a drink, does sublingual work? What dose?

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
How long does it take this to work and how should you take it? Put it in a drink, does sublingual work? What dose?
I try to take all supplements sublingually if possible. That way it gets 100% absorbed and it stays longer in the system cause it doesn't go through the liver, like in the oral intake, which hoards the supplement for itself or deactivates most of it.
Topically you get only 10-20% absorption, but since it doesn't go through the liver its gonna stay longer in the system.
Therefore sublingually for me is the best of the both worlds.
Sometimes a supplement tastes really bad, like Androsterone, so I take it topically.
There are different reasons for different types of application, but with this one I would recommend sublingually.
Oh yeah, if you take it sublingually it goes to work imediatelly. For topical and oral you need to wait some minutes.

Tidal

I've taken 5 drops sublingually the past two days and 10 today but noticed nothing.

Do you think it could take time to build? Is that a high enough dose?

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
I've taken 5 drops sublingually the past two days and 10 today but noticed nothing.

Do you think it could take time to build? Is that a high enough dose?
Then I definitely don't know why is it not working.
I am no expert, but I think it should work right away.
In a week I will receive mine and try it for the first time. Can't wait. Hope its not a disappointment.
6-keto-p4 does nothing for me. Almost. I feel something happening but not much

Nik665

Weird how progesterone and allopregnanolone increase tumors in these studies. that just doesnt make sense to me.
that also makes me question the validity of the studies that show a pro-cancer effect of 5aDHP.
any thoughts?

potentially there is a biphasic response:
"Recently the study of 3α-THP has indicated that low physiological concentrations of this metabolite induce the progression of several types of cancer, such as breast, ovarian, and glioblastoma, while high concentrations inhibit it."
- Allopregnanolone: Metabolism, Mechanisms of Action, and Its Role in Cancer - PubMed

There are a bunch of studies showing a pro-cancer effect of Prog, ALLO and 5aDHP, they are all in vitro though:

- Progesterone and its metabolite allopregnanolone promote invasion of human glioblastoma cells through metalloproteinase‑9 and cSrc kinase - PubMed
- Intracellular Progesterone Receptor and cSrc Protein Working Together to Regulate the Activity of Proteins Involved in Migration and Invasion of Human Glioblastoma Cells - PubMed
- Allopregnanolone Promotes Migration and Invasion of Human Glioblastoma Cells through the Protein Tyrosine Kinase c-Src Activation - PubMed
- Allopregnanolone promotes proliferation and differential gene expression in human glioblastoma cells - PubMed
- 5alpha-dihydroprogesterone promotes proliferation and migration of human glioblastoma cells - PubMed
- Rapid Actions of the Nuclear Progesterone Receptor through cSrc in Cancer - PubMed
Well that’s scary do you use the supplement? Any changes ?

xetawaves

Depends on the person. Minimal effective doses seems to be a great way to begin any new supplement.

I’m no longer using it since I began EMDR brain training 6 months ago.
How long did you use allop and what was your dosage and frequency? Any withdrawal upon cessation? Did tolerance increase?

Velve921

How long did you use allop and what was your dosage and frequency? Any withdrawal upon cessation? Did tolerance increase?
I used it for a few weeks and only did 1 drop per day. I did not notice any withdrawal upon cessation.

With that said, my situation was unique. I would definitely speak with other people in the chat about their experiences.

xetawaves

I used it for a few weeks and only did 1 drop per day. I did not notice any withdrawal upon cessation.

With that said, my situation was unique. I would definitely speak with other people in the chat about their experiences.
Allopregnanolone is a miracle for me. I took high doses of pregnenolone for about a year, and it totally eradicated depression/anxiety/social anxiety for me. I couldn't believe how different I felt. I later learned that its conversion into allopregnenolone is why it affected me this way. I started taking AlloP and get the same effects. I just worry about increased tolerance and its potential for withdrawal. Doesn't seem like anyone here has experienced either of those though. Allopregnenolone is truly a miracle for some people.

Velve921

Allopregnanolone is a miracle for me. I took high doses of pregnenolone for about a year, and it totally eradicated depression/anxiety/social anxiety for me. I couldn't believe how different I felt. I later learned that its conversion into allopregnenolone is why it affected me this way. I started taking AlloP and get the same effects. I just worry about increased tolerance and its potential for withdrawal. Doesn't seem like anyone here has experienced either of those though. Allopregnenolone is truly a miracle for some people.

I could see that.

If you have thoughts about potential withdrawal, I would consider getting to the root of why you’ve had depression and anxiety.

EMDR and the right mentor to teach it is a solution to investigate.

xetawaves

I could see that.

If you have thoughts about potential withdrawal, I would consider getting to the root of why you’ve had depression and anxiety.

EMDR and the right mentor to teach it is a solution to investigate.
Have you had a lot of success with emdr? I've read a bit on it. It's only beneficial for trauma though right?

Velve921

Have you had a lot of success with emdr? I've read a bit on it. It's only beneficial for trauma though right?

I have had life changing success with EMDR.

And that’s incorrect about it being only for trauma. Every human can experience it.

It’s brain training for your pre frontal cortex.

The trauma stigma deters people away from trying it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals