Cyproheptadine - Liquid Serotonin Antagonist For Lab/R&D

xeliex

Forum Supporter
It is strange, but the lower the dose, the higher the lethargy seems to be. Someone might have mentioned this before.

With only 1 drop, the sleep is good but the lethargy is life crippling for the following 1.5 days.

Alternatively, one time with 4 drops, there was no lethargy the following day.

Odd.

Smelly5

I seem to always get water retention even at low doses (0.5mg) with Cypro.
Anyone know why exactly this is and ways to mitigate it?

I know Thiamine lowers water retention. Maybe I could take that with.
I'm more so interested in the mechanism of the water retention though.

redsun

I seem to always get water retention even at low doses (0.5mg) with Cypro.
Anyone know why exactly this is and ways to mitigate it?

I know Thiamine lowers water retention. Maybe I could take that with.
I'm more so interested in the mechanism of the water retention though.
Cypro's strong muscarinic receptor antagonism which makes you urinate less fluids.

Waynish

It would help to know how these chemicals are created. This is required to apply coherent systems like chinese medicine that are not reduced to imaginary mechanisms like receptors. What are the raw materials and processes are used to synthesize them? However, they're all so utterly opaque that they might as well be patented pharmas...

Inaut

Great product!!! @haidut Rat tested a drop on the tongue. Could sense that rat was feeling the effects of cypro and was happy about it :)

JoshuaW

@haidut I recently started experimenting with cypro, purchased through IdeaLabs, and think it's likely one of the most beneficial compounds I've come across (except for one problem, see below). For the past week, I've tried daily dosages ranging from 0.5-4mg and have experienced noticeable improvements in mood, mental clarity, increased extroversion in social situations (for an introvert), much better sleep, more open nasal airways (even though it's not spring and allergies aren't a noticeable problem for me, as we're currently in January, I notice how much more open my airways can actually be) and, possibly most interestingly, improved eyesight (I'm nearsighted and, with glasses, cypro improves my vision even more - colors, edges, contrast, broader scope of perception - quite incredible).

Many of these effects I find nearly indistinguishable from low-dose psilocybin, which I think deserves its own discussion. I think many of the benefits people are seeking via micro-dosing psychedelics could possibly be attained via cypro or similar non-hallucinogenic, anti-serotonergic/anti-histamine compounds. I'm interested to know if anyone else has drawn these parallels - I'd love to explore this further. I've often wondered about the mechanism behind psilocybin's seeming anti-histamine and sight-improving effects.

HOWEVER, I experience one major downside to cypro that I'm hoping you or someone else might have potential mitigation strategies for, which I've been unable to find any reference to in the forum or in the research. Cypro seems to cause significant gas/bloating for me, or at least potentiates whatever I've eaten to produce gas once it reaches the large intestine. Maybe serotonin buildup in the colon that would otherwise be absorbed without the cypro? I have no idea - I'm not sure what effect cypro would have on the gut flora. This seems dose-dependent and I'm ~95% certain it's the cypro that is causing this. I never experienced drowsiness when taking cypro throughout the day, or any other negative effect other than gas/bloating, which is unfortunately quite intolerable.

Thanks for any comments on this.

Last edited:

moa

cypro is causing constipation and GERD. reduced histamine cause reduced stomach acid and GERD. too low serotonin reduce peristalsis.

that's why i stopped taking it. it was great for sleep and brain, but gut health is more important.

if you suffer from diarrhea, only then, i guess it's maybe good for the gut.

NewACC

My experience a few years back was also that higher doses than 4mg were needed to suppress serotonin and cortisol sufficiently to get that blissful feeling of a highschooler. But the higher doses have been linked to elevated liver enzymes and Peat told some people over email recently that cypro can affect the bile ducts and change urine color to brown, so he advised using no more than 1mg. I think ketotifen, which is almost the same molecule, may be a safer cypro alternative in higher doses as it actually helps liver health but I don't know how well it overlaps with the anti-serotonin profile of cypro. Maybe somebody can ask Peat about this.
As far as dopamine antagonism - I don't think it is a big issue as if it was cypro will have Parkinsonism as a side effect but it does not even in doses as high as 32mg+ daily. So, whatever it does to dopamine receptors seems to not cause much damage.
@haidut , you have mentioned that cypro build's some tolerance even to it's antiserotonin effects. In the same time. in studies on the abdomen, either reverse tolerance or its absence to the antiserotonin effect and the building of tolerance to the antihistamine and, partially, anticholytic effects were established. I'm only 17, but I have Asperger's and severe ADHD that greatly interferes with my functioning. In 4 days I was up to 28mg with almost no drowsiness and at first it was a near psychedelic effect: very strong peace, dissolution of anhedonia, better social interaction and even at these doses a HORRIBLY strong libido. But I got the feeling that the effect disappears - it's nocebo or really cyproheptadine lose their antidepressant properties over time, although in theory not. Maybe I'm just used to these effects? What would you say about this

bloooeh

Quick review... Gives me a nice deep sleep and sometimes with interesting dreams. Breathing is clear. Helps with my allergies. Feel calm and worry free. It does increase my appetite a bit. Groggy in the morning.. I'm on my second bottle but I lent it to a friend, almost 4 wks ago and haven't gotten it back. :worried:

LadyRae

cypro is causing constipation and GERD. reduced histamine cause reduced stomach acid and GERD. too low serotonin reduce peristalsis.

that's why i stopped taking it. it was great for sleep and brain, but gut health is more important.

if you suffer from diarrhea, only then, i guess it's maybe good for the gut.
Exact same experience for me. Bloated, puffy, constipated.

Last October I had covid and one night I took a couple drops. The next morning I woke up feeling incredibly depressed and actually cried off and on the entire day! It was incredibly horrible. I haven't taken it since...

Frankdee20

No need for marketing with these products lol

that’s meant facetiously

moa

@LadyRae my constipation symptoms only occurred if i took cypro for 3 or more days in a raw.

also aspirin i can't take, cause i have severe hemophilia like symptoms with join pain, and lots of gum bleeding.

same with too much vitamin e...

some of the best Peaty supplements here are not good for me, other not so Peaty like choline are good...

the depressed state you felt is from antihistamine effect causing sleepiness.

wildworld1992

But I got the feeling that the effect disappears - it's nocebo or really cyproheptadine lose their antidepressant properties over time, although in theory not. Maybe I'm just used to these effects? What would you say about this
Does it still work for you?

cs3000

Wonder if taking a few grams of histidine amino acid the next morning can counter some of the next day side effects,
anyone tried that?

Mac Rilla

I tend to get caught in these thought traps and dwell on subjects far too long, like taking ciproheptadine. I seem to be a prime candidate with the whole list of seratonin dominance symptoms like the anxiety, uncontrollable shivering when I'm not cold, very high histamine levels, breathing issues etc. I've read every post in this thread and searched around quite a bit to rule out weird side effects. Spoiler alert: I know I'm overthinking this, but has anyone run into serious side effects from using this? I figure I would start with 1 drop.

Mac Rilla

@Mac Rilla
Hi, any updates on this?
Not as of yet. I'm just being a nerd. I opted to test some dye-free normal Benadryl and that's actually been quite productive. Big improvement in gut function and sleep. I think after I finish a few weeks I'll press pause and then try the cipro if it feels warranted.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals