Sapien

Yes, I have both. It's hard to tell the difference between the two of them to be honest....
Thanks for the reply. I was considering buying both but that is probably unnecessary it seems. I'll flip a coin :):

Sapien

Thanks for the reply. I was considering buying both but that is probably unnecessary it seems. I'll flip a coin :):
I read that metergoline antagonizes all of the serotonin receptors, while 10 methoxy antagonizes 2 (or maybe 3)/5. FYI

LadyRae

I read that metergoline antagonizes all of the serotonin receptors, while 10 methoxy antagonizes 2 (or maybe 3)/5. FYI
I think metergoline makes me feel sleepier.... It's great to take before a nap in my experience while the 10 MH is quite enjoyable before a long walk...

Sapien

I think metergoline makes me feel sleepier.... It's great to take before a nap in my experience while the 10 MH is quite enjoyable before a long walk...
Overall how has your experience been with the products?
I have never taken serotonin antagonists.

Do you have any rebound serotonergic effects when you stop taking them as others have reported?

LadyRae

Overall how has your experience been with the products?
I have never taken serotonin antagonists.

Do you have any rebound serotonergic effects when you stop taking them as others have reported?
I also have the liquid cyproheptadine. The anticeratonin products are very calming and relaxing for me but there can be a chance of slowed bowel motility. I take some cascara before bed every night and that takes care of it.

Lately I haven't been taking any of these, except I did take one or two drops of cyproheptadine before bed during my covid recovery in October. My life has been pretty quiet and chill and I haven't really felt the need... Cyproheptadine will definitely ramp up my hunger...

But about a year ago I was taking them more often and I don't know how else to describe it but I felt like I was a little puffier and soft... My body type has always been tall and lean and so I noticed this kind of stuff right away. When I first started reading Ray Peat in 2020, when I was trying to get my cycle back after too much keto /long distance running and intermittent fasting, I was actually taking 5- HTP before bed for the sleep benefits. That stuff made me really irritable and depressed....So that was dumb....
Adding carbohydrates back into my diet and toning down the exercise did eventually succeed in returning my hormone levels to normal.

These days I am trying to control serotonin by my diet and getting a lot of sleep, raw carrot and boiled mushrooms... And for exercise I take four or five mini walks throughout the day with my yellow lab, up some trails near my place. Sometimes longer walks and I will jog a little bit and then walk again, just one minute intervals or so... But I am very sensitive to intense exercise and over exercising, and I can feel lactic acid build up in my legs right away if I overdo it.

Sapien

These days I am trying to control serotonin by my diet and getting a lot of sleep, raw carrot and boiled mushrooms
Yes , carrot salad is very helpful.

“Let food be thy medicine”

Thanks for response

Whataboutbob

I'm still searching for the perfect "performance enhancement" stack. Metergoline is in there.
My concern is remaining in the aikido game. Peating and supps have made my body way more resilient to injury. All throws, joint-locks and pins are fine. However, I can't find any endurance. I quickly "run out of bullets" and start huffin' n puffin' for air on the mat. Feel overwhelmed by the herculean task of keeping it up contact game. (it's on and off type training between listening to the instructor, changing partners and then hard contact goes back on). I guess it is my lungs crapping out. Because everything else feels perfectly fine. I feel zero soreness. I almost wish I would. I go home and think, 'well just recover'. But it is like 'recover what?' No part of my body feels sore or fatigued and my lungs feel fine. I even had the top dog instructor whisper into my ear last night, "You could f-king shred this if you could just get passed this endurance thing." I'm very discouraged because I enjoy it so much but can't find a way to blast through.
I eat Peaty and take niacinamide, taurine, aspirin, pregnenolone, caffeine, occasional tyromix, MB, androsterone and metergoline.
I should be thankful for feeling so well and having so much mobility. I wish I could keep a tank of C02 off-mat to swig on between rounds.
The problem does not feel like lactic acid. That is what is weird. It's specifically only air-hunger.
For me at 65 b1 and b2 helped my daily endurance, did some deep digs knowing both are critical in so many process in the metabolic arena. Peating higher sugar need higher B1&2...retired, wife still works so I’m a stay at home husband, babysitter grandpa.....4 mile hikes in the woods almost every day game changer....
B1.... Mega-Dose Thiamine: Beyond Addressing “Deficiency”
B2...
View: https://youtu.be/akHdbf2qBHo

B2...
View: https://youtu.be/q0LCH4RMW-s

B2.... https://www.healthydirections.com/articles/general-health/vitamin-b2

Regina

For me at 65 b1 and b2 helped my daily endurance, did some deep digs knowing both are critical in so many process in the metabolic arena. Peating higher sugar need higher B1&2...retired, wife still works so I’m a stay at home husband, babysitter grandpa.....4 mile hikes in the woods almost every day game changer....
B1.... Mega-Dose Thiamine: Beyond Addressing “Deficiency”
B2...
View: https://youtu.be/akHdbf2qBHo

B2...
View: https://youtu.be/q0LCH4RMW-s

B2.... https://www.healthydirections.com/articles/general-health/vitamin-b2

Thanks for these and your reply.

I am no longer living a decent dojo is, so my aikido is over.

I bought thiamax (B1) and it's excellent. Also now haidut's energin has this version of thiamine.

I think the need for B2 (FAD) is also spot on.

Thank you!

crsnpalmer

Didn’t notice anything with 4 drops topically. Has anyone experienced anything noticeable with topical administration?

andrei

been doing metergoline for a few days. definitely a top supplement. 3 drops sublingual (2 morning, 1 afternoon).

i fall asleep too late, so maybe i should cut back a little.

i already been doing a lot of serotonin reduction through andro, progestene, no starch etc. life is truly different on low serotonin. metergoline certainly has an additive effect on top of what i've done.

it certainly is dopaminergic, but is a more focused type; not overly excited like with diamant.

i am also off caffeine, so caffeine is never a confounding variable.

an interesting remark: i don't want too much artificial light around me. whereas before, when i was doing my work and i had light from outside; i would still feel the need to turn on the interior lights.

@haidut the best as always!

Herbie

I've found it makes one a smooth talker.
The 17 year old appreciates have a running joke about one having phone sex with the females who call up the shop to book their vehicles in for repair.

TheAnarchist

Forum Supporter
Eastern Pennsylvania (Lehigh Valley Area)
Does anyone know why Wikipedia would say that Metergoline is a 5ht1a agonist? That would directly contradict what was said earlier in this thread. The thread has been going for quite a few years, maybe the understanding of Metergoline has changed. But that would indicate it is not effective for what I’m trying to use it for.

dukesbobby777

Does anyone know why Wikipedia would say that Metergoline is a 5ht1a agonist? That would directly contradict what was said earlier in this thread. The thread has been going for quite a few years, maybe the understanding of Metergoline has changed. But that would indicate it is not effective for what I’m trying to use it for.

Yeah I noticed that a while back. I was going to bring it up here, but figured it's probably just one source stating it work in such a way.

It doesn't really matter to me now though, because I no longer get any perceivable effects from metergoline. I don't know why. I have even tried going very heavy on it and ingesting 12mg once or twice per week, which results in no effects at all (not even any side effects). Even taking these heavy doses orally result in no effects (not even constipation lol). Its a real shame that it has pooped out in such a quick and dramatic way, because I thought that this one, potentially, could have been one of those that I'd probably stick with for life. The old bottle that I initially had (which I purchased from a friend on here), which also contained eugenol, was a great experience. Clear mood lifting effects. But I noticed tolerance starting to creep in with that as the bottle started to run out. When I bought this new bottle though (new batch, with no eugenol), I get the above (lack of) effects. I even thought that perhaps eugenol was the possible magical ingredient for my initial mood boost from the old bottle, and so I stocked up on clove oil, but no joy with that either.

I have also tried lisuride in recent times, at large doses, with little effects.

My next trial is to bring out the big guns. Cabergoline, bromocriptine, or pramipexole. Not to go crazy or anything. Just small (and strategic) experimentation to see what they can potentially bring to the table to help with anhedonia, serotonin, and the struggles of daily life.

Dave Clark

Didn't get through all the pages of posts yet, but, has anyone used metergoline along with selegeline {deprenyl} without any issues?

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
I've been doing oral, one drop, in the AM. It's a bit tricky because it 100% did make me feel tired for a bit but also made it difficult to sleep well. So there's a habituation period where you may need to either be tired during the day or sacrifice deep sleep at night. I started taking it over a weekend so the worst of that period was over when I had to work. Now I do a drop in the morning and it doesn't make me tired or foggy.
How did you get back to getting deep sleep?
That is my issue.
Did you stop metergoline?
Or did deep sleep return after a week of one drop orally in the mornings?