Judd Crane

I'm confused as to how one might dose this.
Subject takes anywhere from 3 to 6 drops at a time on average and he definitely get a more clear-headed and overall serene feeling. He is taking it for anxiety and mild gyno.
Subject has a feeling that he would feel better if he took more, but he's not sure if this is safe to take long term or in high doses. Would problems arise from 8+ drops per day when being used for a few weeks without stopping?
Did metergoline help with the gyno?

dukesbobby777

lowers prolactin.

Hmm. OK, makes sense. It hasn't done anything for mine though. I've tried up to 6-8 drops, taken twice per week.

I've decided recently I need to completely rethink my diet, as I believe that holds the key to unnecessary weight gain and gyno development in my case.

That aside, I do actually like metergoline.

johnwester130

Hmm. OK, makes sense. It hasn't done anything for mine though. I've tried up to 6-8 drops, taken twice per week.

I've decided recently I need to completely rethink my diet, as I believe that holds the key to unnecessary weight gain and gyno development in my case.

What does metergoline feel like?

dukesbobby777

What does metergoline feel like?

It improves my baseline wellbeing. I don't really notice much else unless I stop taking it (return to baseline level of wellbeing). That first feeling you get when you wake up first thing in the morning is the best method I have at gauging the effects of this drug. I notice a more positive outlook when I wake up in the mornings with metergoline in my system. I don't really notice much else tbh (apart from increased libido). Another thing I notice is that it can mess with sleep. That's why I don't take it all the time. On Metergoline, it can sometimes interrupt sleep onset, but also seems to drastically lower the amount of time I am asleep. Some nights I would literally sleep for an hour or two (but still feel fine and functional). I consider that a negative side effect.

It reminds me of ritanserin with its mood effects. But possibly slightly less good.

johnwester130

Can metergoline increase dopamine alot? When I say alot I mean can it cause excess? I've felt like perhaps its lowering serotonin too much.

My mind is able to see the "big picture" alot more and its causing some depression because I'm ruminating where I went wrong in life. Before metergoline I guess I had "tunnel vision" but it seems that metergoline is opening my mind and I'm seeing my life for what it actually is. Is this almost like lsd in that you're able to make sense of stuff you might have never noticed previously? I'm assuming this is lowering my serotonin. If anyone can chime in. I'm lowering my dose and I'm going to focus on the good rather than ruminate on the bad.

Sleep hasnt been very good moreso because of the rumination of bad thoughts. Also should I ensure I have enough sodium in my diet? I read that metergoline lowers aldosterone but what happens if you're diet is high in potassium and low in sodium? I've since increased my salt intake and feel alot better and my t3 is working again.

Taking t3 without enough salt doesnt make me warm any ideas why?

Anyways I'm getting off topic all I have to say is metergoline is a trip if you're not in the right headspace

memantine did the same to me

Totally reflected on my life and past behaviour.

johnwester130

@haidut
Something that has been confounding me about LSD. I don't feel like the "trip" per se is from serotonin agonism, but rather serotonin antagonism. As Alduous Huxley once said LSD removes the filters of perception or something along those lines and that is my experience. Doesn't make sense to me that serotonin agonism would lead to all of these beautiful/profound experiences. LSD mostly feels like heightened dopaminergic function to me and not something that is truly "psychedelic". Colors are more vibrant, my senses are sharper, sight, sound, taste, smell. You can see gas exchange in plants, your intuition is strong, and I once could see air hitting the wings of a plane as it was landing from a great distance. I do not feel like these were hallucinations per se, but rather my metabolic rate had been raised to a point that I was able to perceive things that normal 2018 stress does not allow. We know that the ergots especially LSD are a mixed bag, but their net effect is usually dopamine agonism. So, yes, I have had cypro cut a "trip" in the traditional sense. But, rather than cutting a trip in the beautiful profound sense, I think it is just blocking the stress response you can get from highly dopaminergic substances. It's kind of like what happens when you have too much coffee without food. I always make sure I have access to orange juice if I know I'm taking LSD, it keeps it from getting too stressful. Just my two cents :)

This is extraordinary

It makes a lot of sense

supercoolguy

Last Year I asked RP about Gyno & Fat. He replied, asking about my Calcium to Phosphate Ratios. Meaning get Higher Ca, Lower P.

(Aspirin also lower Prolactin, not sure how much, I take 1/2 tab = 160mg 1-2/day-night)

Luk3

Apologise if this has already been asked, but I haven't found an answer: Is methylene blue (1mg a day) safe when using Metergoline?

dukesbobby777

I notice quick tolerance with this product. I got some good effects initially, but notice hardly much at all now from 6 drops (a big dose?)

I was tempted to try and get hold of the tablets to see if it would make any difference. Might try that at some point. I only say that because I don't seem to get effects from idealabs cyproheptadine either. But I do get effects (strong) from the tablets.

Not knocking idealabs, as I am a regular customer for three of their products (that work a treat for me personally).

I just think having metergoline in my arsenal would be awesome if it would reliably work more for me. Its a shame they don't sell ritanserin anymore. I got great effects from that back in the day.

johnwester130

This stuff is amazing. Two drops oral last night, quiet little Rat Park all night, two more this morning, and today I’ve got a lab full of rats strolling around, cleaning their nests, giving each other high noses, lining up for their turn at backstroking the forced swim test, dudes holding open gates, gals batting little eyelashes. Calm, confident, productive, happy critters.

YMMV, but at least for rats of the geriatric strain who are already squared away with nutrition and other cumulative-toxin-counteracting supplements, the immediate results are highly impressive. Of course, the experiment is still in early days, so time will tell, but things are off to a very good start indeed.

elaborate

Validus

Has anyone tested cyproheptadine at night for sleep and metergoline in the morning to counter the dopamine antagonism of cypro, or would this be a bad idea?

maxonz

@haidut Just received my order of metergoline. I take cyproheptadine and I plan to start mirtazapine again. Is there a risk with serotonin syndrome with metergoline and mirtazapine or any other interactions? I would theoretically only try a very low-dose of metergoline, but there shouldn't be any worry of serotonergic effects for metergoline, correct?

Did you ever try metergoline while taking mirtazapine?

Stan

To those who've taken metergoline, did this increase, decrease, or had no effect on your libido?

Metergoline lowers serotonin; doing so supposedly increases libido.

Friedrich_Ux

I notice quick tolerance with this product. I got some good effects initially, but notice hardly much at all now from 6 drops (a big dose?)

I was tempted to try and get hold of the tablets to see if it would make any difference. Might try that at some point. I only say that because I don't seem to get effects from idealabs cyproheptadine either. But I do get effects (strong) from the tablets.

Not knocking idealabs, as I am a regular customer for three of their products (that work a treat for me personally).

I just think having metergoline in my arsenal would be awesome if it would reliably work more for me. Its a shame they don't sell ritanserin anymore. I got great effects from that back in the day.
Which products work like a treat for you?

NewACC

Unlike cyproheptadine, I have not seen studies with metergoline showing it upregulates the serotonin receptors it antagonizes. So, yes, some chemicals acting as antagonists may not upregulate receptor density. But it could be just that metergoline is not a very widely used chemical so it has not been discovered yet. I personally like metergoline a lot more then ritanserin and cypro even though their subjective effects are quite distinct.

chimp

Rat has been taking .5mg topically of Metergoline for the past 5 days to lower a high prolactin of 31. It has been extremely hard for the rat to wake up the past two mornings. Does anyone else experience this? I heard of this with taking cypro, but the rat never experienced that on cypro.

Last edited:

Sapien

Trying to pick between this and 10 methoxy - anyone have any experience with both?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals