Mauritio

Rat just received theirs today. 5g
Still have no idea on dosage. But based on peats comment you quoted, the powder form does NOT bypass the liver? And let's estimate 50% is "wasted" ? So 4mg of drops, might be equal to ~100mg of powder? Tried ~10mg + plain water to no avail. (compared to the drops, anyways)
Mine still hasn't arrived , are you located in Europe?

Yes, the powder does not bypass the liver. It gets metabolized a lot by it and I guess there will be a lot of individual differences in how extensive that first pass metabolism is . I also suspect tolerance might develope pretty quickly like that, so be careful with trying to find the right dose by taking daily, escalating dosages.

I can't really understand your calculation ...I guess you mean 4mg of drops equals 10mg of powder?! That seems like a reasonable dose.
I would at least try it with a fatty meal, maybe that helps with absorption.
And if that doesn't work I'd wait a few days and try 20mg.

TTorque

Yes, the powder does not bypass the liver. It gets metabolized a lot by it and I guess there will be a lot of individual differences in how extensive that first pass metabolism is . I also suspect tolerance might develope pretty quickly like that, so be careful with trying to find the right dose by taking daily, escalating dosages.

I can't really understand your calculation ...I guess you mean 4mg of drops equals 10mg of powder?! That seems like a reasonable dose.
I'm in the US. I'll continue in 10mg increments until I feel results. Every 3rd day. Will try with a fatty meal, as you mentioned.
Will post my results here for anyone else curious.

dukesbobby777

I'm in UK and mine arrived within two weeks.

Mauritio

I'm in the US. I'll continue in 10mg increments until I feel results. Every 3rd day. Will try with a fatty meal, as you mentioned.
Will post my results here for anyone else curious.
Cool ,thx.
I'm in UK and mine arrived within two weeks.
Ok, im getting the feeling I might not see mine anytime soon, if at all. It's been stuck in Frankfurt (customs) for 3 weeks already.

Frankdee20

Since the Idealabs product is no longer available. what are peoples experiences with the powder ?

Mauritio

@tjanok hows it going ?

I still haven't received mine :(

TTorque

@tjanok hows it going ?

I still haven't received mine :(
Currently at 20mg, with no effect. (Comparing to the previous haidut drops). Taken with a fatty and on an empty stomach.
Will dose at 40mg this week and report.

Difficult to dose, as I don't have a scale handy. So I might be off...

Mauritio

Currently at 20mg, with no effect. (Comparing to the previous haidut drops). Taken with a fatty and on an empty stomach.
Will dose at 40mg this week and report.

Difficult to dose, as I don't have a scale handy. So I might be off...
Ok thanks for reporting back. The powder doesn't seem to be working for most people . Even at 10% absorption rate you should be feeling something at 20mg.
So true only thing left is to try to replicate peats patented formula . But tbh that doesn't seem to be too difficult .

TTorque

Ok thanks for reporting back. The powder doesn't seem to be working for most people . Even at 10% absorption rate you should be feeling something at 20mg.
So true only thing left is to try to replicate peats patented formula . But tbh that doesn't seem to be too difficult .
Any ides why sublingual drops worked before, and not the powder? Does it just need some sort of carrier or something to synergize with? I wonder if I just attempt to dissolve the powder under my tongue instead...

brightside

Any ides why sublingual drops worked before, and not the powder? Does it just need some sort of carrier or something to synergize with? I wonder if I just attempt to dissolve the powder under my tongue instead...
If you're feeling brave, you could always try intranasal

Mauritio

No I'm not sure ,maybe because its fat soluble and the molecule is too large ?!
If you're feeling brave, you could always try intranasal
Yeah be brave ! :d you would bypass the liver though

Mauritio

I received a letter from the german customs today that they seized my package. They judged it as a med / pharmaceutical. They also listed the active ingridient as progesterone...

So as it seems i wont get my package and ill probably receive a fine of about 50€. This can take some time (more than a year).

Ill try to object and say that it is a research chemcial, but Im not sure if its even worth the hassle.
So other buyers from Germany: beware!

Im also wondering what part such labs had to play in this. Did they sufficiently declare this as a research chemical? And why is the acitve ingridient listed as progesterone?
Maybe its just german customs, they seem to be getting stricter...

@Mauritio Which German site are you referring to? did you use DHL? they are very strict about this, I remember having indicated a personal cosmetic use but nevertheless I had to pay a penalty. I received the package after 2 months. I refer Idealabs from the US to Europe.

Mauritio

@Mauritio Which German site are you referring to? did you use DHL? they are very strict about this, I remember having indicated a personal cosmetic use but nevertheless I had to pay a penalty. I received the package after 2 months. I refer Idealabs from the US to Europe.
I have ordered douzens of idealabs supplements including 5adhp and progesterone and it went through everytime , so they didn't seem very strict about it, at least until now.
Another forum member told me he couldn't get tyronene (T3) through customs anymore ...

Mauritio

If anybody has some leftover 5aDHP ,id be glad to buy/ trade it.

Heres a study not showing cancerous effects, as opposed to the other studies that did show pro cancer effects.

"Our data suggest that 5aDHP does not facilitate tumor promotion/invasion in ER/PR-negative MCF10DCIS.com cells. As oral micronized progesterone has been proven efective for hot fushes in postmenopausal women, our data suggest that progesterone-only therapy couldbe considered as HRT for women after ER/PR-negative DCIS."

Mauritio

"In contrast, treatments with T, DHT or 3alpha-diol did not significantly affect any of the morphological parameters examined. In conclusion, our data indicate that P, and its derivatives DHP and THP, are able to reduce aging-associated morphological abnormalities of myelin and aging-associated myelin fiber loss in the sciatic nerve. These data suggest that P, DHP and THP may represent useful therapeutic alternatives to maintain peripheral nerve integrity in aged animals."
- Progesterone and its derivatives dihydroprogesterone and tetrahydroprogesterone reduce myelin fiber morphological abnormalities and myelin fiber loss in the sciatic nerve of aged rats - PubMed

Mauritio

Progesterone and its metabolite allopregnanolone promote invasion of human glioblastoma cells through metalloproteinase‑9 and cSrc kinase

weird how progesterone and allopregnanolone increase tumors in these studies. that just doesnt make sense to me.
that also makes me question the validity of the studies that show a pro-cancer effect of 5aDHP.
any thoughts?

potentially there is a biphasic response:
"Recently the study of 3α-THP has indicated that low physiological concentrations of this metabolite induce the progression of several types of cancer, such as breast, ovarian, and glioblastoma, while high concentrations inhibit it."
- Allopregnanolone: Metabolism, Mechanisms of Action, and Its Role in Cancer - PubMed

There are a bunch of studies showing a pro-cancer effect of Prog, ALLO and 5aDHP, they are all in vitro though:

- Progesterone and its metabolite allopregnanolone promote invasion of human glioblastoma cells through metalloproteinase‑9 and cSrc kinase - PubMed
- Intracellular Progesterone Receptor and cSrc Protein Working Together to Regulate the Activity of Proteins Involved in Migration and Invasion of Human Glioblastoma Cells - PubMed
- Allopregnanolone Promotes Migration and Invasion of Human Glioblastoma Cells through the Protein Tyrosine Kinase c-Src Activation - PubMed
- Allopregnanolone promotes proliferation and differential gene expression in human glioblastoma cells - PubMed
- 5alpha-dihydroprogesterone promotes proliferation and migration of human glioblastoma cells - PubMed
- Rapid Actions of the Nuclear Progesterone Receptor through cSrc in Cancer - PubMed

Last edited:

TTorque

No I'm not sure ,maybe because its fat soluble and the molecule is too large ?!

Yeah be brave ! :d you would bypass the liver though
I said screw it, and started doing inter-nasal. I could NOT get anything sublingual or orally.
Finally around ~20mg (super hard to measure), I felt something. Higher mood, lifted fatigue, zero crash after a few hours, and insomnia. So it must be done very early in the morning.

However, my main concern (stemming from PFS) is this perpetual "uncomfortable" mental feeling. Similar to disassociation or just not very "grounded". Which the 5aDHP did NOT touch. So it has benefits for sure, and I'll up the dosage (really - what's the worst that can happen? fall off the allop bell curve and get really drowsy?)

So besides the point of this thread - can anyone enlighten me on what's possibly happening? My Allop is increasing, hence the mood effects and prog/preg do nothing for me, in any manner or how it's administered. So 5aDHP is agonist to the prog receptor, and binds somewhat to GABA-A (but benzos do nothing for me much anyways, so I doubt my feelings are from this action)

But (this is new to me) it acts as a negative modulator of GABA-A (rho) (Meaning? Could high dosage cause eyesight issues, per the Wiki article?)

So where am I deriving my benefits from, direct increase in Allopregnanolone/Progesterone activity? And if it doesn't clear my "mental uncomfortable/disassoaction" feeling - I assume my problem lies outside of GABA/Allop, and more in-line with Dopamine/Serotonin/Inflammation.

tl;dr - feels good with inter nasal administration, with 6-8 hours of effects. similar feelings to an SSRI, but you know, not an SSRI.

(i should mention the vitro studies on it being pro-cancer of of zero concern to me personally, at my layman knowledge of this stuff. the celluar functions it activates does seem like it would increase tissue expansion of (existing) cancer cells. but whatever, i'd rather progress cancer feeling good, then live the way I do)

Last edited: