TocoVit - Liquid Vitamin E From Wheat Germ Oil

Discussion in 'IdeaLabs' started by haidut, May 6, 2016.

1. haidut

haidut Member

As many of the forum members know, the vitamin E supplements currently sold in most countries have nothing in common with the original vitamin E used in the first half of the 20th century. Back then, vitamin E was commonly extracted from wheat germ oil (WGO) and it contained a number of "impurities" that may have influenced the results seen in those earlier studies. In the last 50 years, virtually all commercially sold vitamin E has been extracted from soybeans as WGO has become very expensive. This soy-derived vitamin E is often sold as a single isomer (i.e. alpha tocopherol, or gamma tocopherol), or if it is the mixed tocopherols the product typically does not contain any of the originally found "impurities".
    Ray has written about the shocking difference between the modern vitamin E found in stores and the one his advisor used in the early 20th century.

Is it OK to only have vitamin E succinate
    "...My thesis adviser, Arnold Soderwall, did some studies showing that vitamin E extended fertility considerably. I found some of his old Sigma (chemical company) vitamin E still in the freezer, and I was working on the idea that oxidative catalysts in the liver were directly related to estrogen's effects. I would extract lipids from the liver, and use paper chromatography to separate them, and for reference points I used the vitamin E and different quinones (coenzyme Q10, Q6, and benzoquinone). I happened to mix the vitamin E with one of the quinones, and noticed that it turned almost black; all of the quinones had the same effect. Putting the mixture on the paper, the moving solvent separated the original components. Delocalized electrons absorb low energy light, causing a dark color (as in black semiconductors), and Szent-Gyorgyi had expressed wonder about what could cause the dark color of the healthy liver, a color that can't be extracted as a pigment. This experiment convinced me that vitamin E could be one of the participants in delocalizing electrons for activating proteins in the way S-G suggested. However, the technology for manufacturing vitamin E has changed greatly over the years, and I have never found anything sold as vitamin E that produces the same dark colors as that old stuff from the freezer. I don't know whether the powerfully therapeutic (anti-estrogenic, clot-clearing, anti-inflammatory, quinone-reactive) old vitamin E contained "impurities" that were effective, or whether it's that the newer materials contain impurities that reduce their effects. It was labeled d-alphatocopherol, but it was semi-solid, like crystallized honey."

I have long been fascinated with vitamin E and its anti-estrogenic effects and have been on a quest to find a product that comes as close as possible to the one Ray described. After more than a year of fruitless search, I finally found a vendor in Europe that was willing to extract vitamin E from wheat germ oil and to sell it in its unadulterated form. This is what our newest supplement TocoVit contains - the mixed tocopherols extracted from WGO, together with various "impurities" Ray mentions above. Based on the chemical analysis the vendor supplied, some of the additional substances present in WGO and hence in TocoVit include plant sterols and terpenes such as squalene. These undoubtedly have hormonal effects as shown by various studies using them separately. I don't know if TocoVit will be able to match the original product Ray's advisor bought from Sigma, but it is as close to the original as I could find. Interestingly enough, when left undisturbed for several days the product does begin to crystalize much like old honey as Ray also mentions above and it has a much darker color than the other high-purity mixed tocopherols I have bought and used over the years from chemical vendors like Sigma.
    To the people who decide to try TocoVit it will be immediately obvious that it is unlike any other vitamin E supplement on the market. In addition, to its dark color (as Ray mentions above) TocoVit also has a very distinctive taste and smells of WGO (naturally). The taste is best described as a combination of the bitterness of fresh olive oil and the buttery taste of tahini. To the people with allergies - while the TocoVit contains some triglycerides of saturated fatty acids, it has no significant amount of free oils and should not contain any allergenic protein or flavone residues. However, please consult with your doctor before using.

*******************************************************************************
    TocoVit is a liquid, mixed tocopherol supplement extracted from wheat germ oil (WGO). As such, in addition to its high proportion of alpha-tocopherol it also contains a number of other ingredients extracted from the WGO that may have hormonal and metabolic effects on their own. These additional ingredients include plant sterols, triglycerides of saturated fatty acids, terpenes such as squalene, and even trace amounts of terpenoids such as lanosterol. TocoVit may crystalize then cooled and is also sensitive to bright sunlight. Thus, the supplement should be kept in a dark location at room temperature to maintain its liquid form and proper vitamin E content. This product, while consisting entirely of food-grade ingredients, is sanctioned for external use only.

Servings per container: about 30
    Serving size: 20 drops
    Each serving contains the following ingredients:

Vitamin E (from wheat germ oil): 400 IU

Other ingredients: sterols, triglycerides, terpenes (e.g. squalene), terpenoids (e.g. lanosterol)
    *******************************************************************************

2. charlie

charlie The Law & Order Admin

First! :D

3. Such_Saturation

Such_Saturation Member

Good thing j. isn't around anymore :ss

4. Drareg

Drareg Member

what effects have you noticed personally Haidut?

5. milk_lover

milk_lover Member

So excited to get this! Do I need to apply olive oil or coconut oil with it should I use it topically?

6. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Even a quarter of teaspoon makes my heart beat at 90bpm and raises temps. But that may be just me. I certainly do not get these effects from other vitamin E products though.

7. A.Dosko

A.Dosko Member

@haidut have you considered using this in mitolipin as the E source? I would be willing to pay more for Mito with this E.

8. milk_lover

milk_lover Member

+1
    Same here.

9. Tarmander

Tarmander Member

This is awesome Haidut, it makes me incredibly happy. In the past, vitamin E seems to have a feminizing effect on me, so I am going to pass on giving this a shot. I look forward to hearing other's feedback and their comparison with regular vitamin E. Can I assume that the next batch of Estroban I order will contain this?

10. cats

cats Member

@haidut have you tried reacting it with quinones?

11. Blossom

Blossom Member

Vitamin E Supplements

"The wheat germ oil vitamin E supplement would be its own supplement. If I were to use it as the base for the other supplements like EstroBan and MitoLipin it would make them much more expensive." Haidut

12. BobbyDukes

BobbyDukes Member

Yes; I've just been thinking how to dose this, as I don't think I can afford to pay the price (of this) for a months supply, each month. It may be so good though (in comparison to all previous E supps I have tried), that it might prove to be a cost effective thing to keep around, if I am able to take it at a lower dosage, and make it last. I was thinking about 200iu each day, so it lasts two months. Maybe 100iu taken twice per day, then a dose of kuinone at night. I'm going to experiment with the retinol as well (bought that one as well). No need for D, now the summer is pretty much here already (so Estroban I will be giving a rest for a bit).

Thanks for the great products, Haidut.

13. jaa

jaa Member

A top shelf version Mitolipin sounds pretty awesome.

14. MCF

MCF Member

So excited about this, thank you Haidut! Your supplements are absolutely brilliant!

15. Tarmander

Tarmander Member

If estroban became less then ten more dollars expensive, I'd be cool with it

16. Agent207

Agent207 Member

Congratulations for this release Haidut.

I vote for wgo vitE upgraded Mitolipin too without a doubt. Whats more, I think any supp with any other form of vitE should be discontinued.

17. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Sorry, this vitamin E would not be very good as solvent due to the presence of all kinds of other materials inside it like the sterols, squalene, lanosterol, etc. If vitamin E is used as solvent it better be pure tocopherols to maximize the amount of solvent available in a given volume of liquid. There is also the issue with price as Blossom mentioned me saying earlier.

18. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

No, for now TocoVit it will be its own separate supplement and not used for mixing with others. I want to hear people's feedback before we make changes to established and solid formulations like EstroBan, which so far has had basically zero complaints after we solved the solid particles issue.
    There is also the issue with price as Blossom mentioned me saying earlier.

19. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

That is much appreciated, thanks! But I also have a few other folks pressuring me every day to lower the price of EstroBan :) So, it is a constant tug of war... We'll see, I may eventually end up using only this type of vitamin E for EstroBan if people like the TocoVit.

20. Kasper

Kasper Member

Or leave out vitamin E in estroban. Because people may get vitamin E from this or mitolipin already