Retinil - Liquid Vitamin A

golder

Thanks mate, appreciate. Have you followed up with blood work to make sure your vit A is improving? What subjective improvements have you noticed? Any preference to the acetate over palmitate out of curiosity?

Lucenzo01

Thanks mate, appreciate. Have you followed up with blood work to make sure your vit A is improving? What subjective improvements have you noticed? Any preference to the acetate over palmitate out of curiosity?
Better digestion, better mood, higher libido. Combined with K2 (kuinone) I have done serious physical and mental changes over the last year. It's the only 2 supps take religiously everyday. Palmitate is good but I need a higher dose to feel it

golder

Perfect, thanks. Do you take the k2 topically with the vitA? Or just one high dose orally in the morning?

Mossy

There's nothing to bash, it's proper reclassification and everything starts to make sense. The confusion has been going for a century, so a brave and lucid mind had to interrupt it at some point. Thanks to Garrett Smith, we can now affirm that it's not an essential nutrient, but a toxin (and of course dispensable), and a harsh one. On the bright side, throughout evolution, we were forced to develop means of minimizing the harm from detoxification, which is accomplished by storing it for disposal at opportune times. A mango others, the eyes are such places, which is why he asserted that..
Your 'RP' must stand for Ray Peat, not Republic of the Philippines, or Retinyl Palmitate since it can't have an opinion, it's just a weapon for mass poisoning. But he's just a researcher that has dispersed his focus on useless activities like painting and philosophizing, while the guy above complemented his knowledge with credentialed practical experience. He perceived (as a toxin), hysterisized (on its nature to everyone), and acted (advising committed depletion), unfortunately there wasn't much room left for thinking, but it doesn't change the fact that it's poisonous and should be banned.

Are you using the acetate version to avoid vitamin E? It probably undergoes hydrolysis and esterification regardless of the route, so if you're using for maintenance (or in moderated doses) instead of a particular reason, you could be opting for a more irritating and fast-acting form than the long-chain esters that predominate in foods. The palmitate should be the one that causes the least suffering. The MCT oil in it also makes it gentler on skin.

--
- Repeated topical treatment, in contrast to single oral doses, with Vitamin A-containing preparations does not affect plasma concentrations of retinol, retinyl esters or retinoic acids in female subjects of child-bearing age

View attachment 15075

"An amount of 3.5±0.5 g of cream was applied daily per subject, which comprised 9±1.5 mg of retinol or 16±2.7 mg of retinyl palmitate, corresponding to a daily application of Vitamin A at approximately 30,000 IU (29,700±5000)."

- Unoccluded Retinol Penetrates Human Skin In Vivo More Effectively Than Unoccluded Retinyl Palmitate or Retinoic Acid
I used to look for the yellow book-ended stick-figure avatar as a beacon in the very topsy-turvy environment of layman-health-forumdom. It seems the beacon has dimmed, proportionate to the rising of certain vitamin biases. I don't know if it's my excess (or deficiency) of Vitamin A, but lately I can't help but see @Amazoniac when I read your username. #BringBackAmazoniac #WhatWouldTravisordDo

(just having some fun)

accelerator

@haidut
I've found retinol to be fabulously curative for acne and dandruff and really great for energy and gut health.
And this was after years of nothing else working; so I don't want to give it up, but I do have one really annoying side-effect.

Very constant dry lips....I do use some vitamin E to balance the A but don't think I can use any more unless I use very large amounts of K, because I get bruising.
I often already use 15-30mg of K already.

I'm wondering if someone like me does best with high dose A, would it potentially mean I need really high dose K2, or E or D as well to balance it?
Could that solve dry lips? Or is there no way around high dose A causing dry lips?

GorillaHead

We can take a few thousand IU of poison A, yet circulating levels are in mcg/dl. If we had in mind the dose in mcg, we would know that the person can have 3000 mcg of poisonol circulating and this coincides with the amount taken. Similar for venom D.

You can specify the concentration in liver as IU of poison A/g of tissue, but isn't it better to know right away that you have for example 50 mcg of poison A/g of tissue?

And so on.

Compare these:

A: 5,000 IU
D: 2,000 IU
E: 65 mg (100 IU)
K: 2 mg

A: 1.5 mg
D: 0.05 mg
E: 65 mg
K: 2 mg​

International Units is the creation of a new unit for every substance since it doesn't relate to anything other than a few alike ones before you get used to it and inevitably start to compare, I find it a counterproductive complication for the most part. Having a standardized system makes it easier to do a connections.

U think vitamin and D are poison what lol. I think you need to realize these vitamins have very complex multistage process in the body and nothing is straight forward with them. But I highly doubt the body would make vitamin D in the body if it was poisonous. Same with carotene right A. Or have zinc potentiates As effect. If it was poisonous no one one would see a benefit and people do. It’s all about dosage IMO

Judd Crane

Peat has talked about increased retinol needs with increased metabolism. How does this need manifest itself? Skin issues?

Mauritio

@haidut
I've found retinol to be fabulously curative for acne and dandruff and really great for energy and gut health.
And this was after years of nothing else working; so I don't want to give it up, but I do have one really annoying side-effect.

Very constant dry lips....I do use some vitamin E to balance the A but don't think I can use any more unless I use very large amounts of K, because I get bruising.
I often already use 15-30mg of K already.

I'm wondering if someone like me does best with high dose A, would it potentially mean I need really high dose K2, or E or D as well to balance it?
Could that solve dry lips? Or is there no way around high dose A causing dry lips?
I've found vitamin b2 tochelp with peeling dry lips or cracking in the corner of the mouth.

rothko

Bought Retinyl Acetate for dandruff and itchy dry/oily skin -- thought this may be vitamin A deficiency. What would be a good dosage if taking with some vitamin E? I don't want to overdo it, nor do I want to take an ineffective amount. Thanks!

Mauritio

jaakkima

How long must the ethanol version be on the skin for absorption to finish?

Last edited:

Jing

If the calluses on your palms start turning orange then you probably have too much vitamin A.
I've always had orange calluses and slightly yellow palms could this mean I have too much vitamin a?

P

Peatness

There needs to be a way to distinguish between these bottles. I accidently used several doses of retinil instead of tyronene. My yellow calluses means not only don't I need more Vit A but my thyroid is probably suppressed even more. I can't imagine I am the only person making such a mistake

sweetpeat

There needs to be a way to distinguish between these bottles. I accidently used several doses of retinil instead of tyronene. My yellow calluses means not only don't I need more Vit A but my thyroid is probably suppressed even more. I can't imagine I am the only person making such a mistake
I have almost done the same. I took a sharpie and wrote a big "T" on the tyronene bottle and an "R" on the retinil.

K

Kaur Singh

Thanks I came to the same conclusion but with bright masking tape.
Hi -
would you know can I determine if I should try vitA?
Is there a good thread going over this?

Thank you

P

Peatness

Hi -
would you know can I determine if I should try vitA?
Is there a good thread going over this?

Thank you
I'm not the right person to ask regaring Vit A. I'm still not sure if I am replete or deficient.

This thread has exhaustive discussions on vitamin A

K

Kaur Singh

I'm not the right person to ask regaring Vit A. I'm still not sure if I am replete or deficient.

This thread has exhaustive discussions on vitamin A

Thank you

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals