TocoVit - Liquid Vitamin E From Wheat Germ Oil

Depending on how long ago it was, the change may simply be the difference between the old and new formulas. The new formula is lighter:
Yes, I think it’s just the new formulation. Only time will tell. Im going on day 3 now with the purpose of removing a skin tag. I did enjoy the darker color formulation though

breeg

I get euphoria and extroversion from a single drop of this stuff and then a debilitating refractory period where I feel completely run down: my head aches, my heart beats heavily, and I can't sleep.

I tried three drops one time and while life felt super amazing for 4-ish hours, the come down was a multi-day affair with anxiety and bone pain in my legs. I imagine this insane sensitivity is related to my period of disordered eating due to a fasting obsession and two years of caloric deficiency and rigid meal times/small daily eating window. I guess my body was so hormonally and metabolically downshifted that it couldn't handle such a pro-metabolic addition.

egress

@haidut

I simply love TocoVit!!

Long time user, first time commenting because I hope it never gets discontinued.

Of all of the supplements, I notice almost immediate positive effects from Tocovit. Easier/freer breathing, lower inflammation, better girth, sound sleep.

Usually 7 drops, but tried 10 drops last night and the benefits are even more pronounced.

This formula is awesome.

Amazoniac

- Vitamin E sequestration by liver fat in humans

Abstract said:
Background:
We hypothesized that obesity-associated hepatosteatosis is a pathophysiological chemical depot for fat-soluble vitamins and altered normal physiology. Using α-tocopherol (vitamin E) as a model vitamin, pharmacokinetics and kinetics principles were used to determine whether excess liver fat sequestered α-tocopherol in women with obesity-associated hepatosteatosis versus healthy controls.

Methods:
Custom-synthesized deuterated α-tocopherols (d3- and d6-α-tocopherols) were administered to hospitalized healthy women and women with hepatosteatosis under investigational new drug guidelines. Fluorescently labeled α-tocopherol was custom-synthesized for cell studies.

Results:
In healthy subjects, 85% of intravenous d6-α-tocopherol disappeared from the circulation within 20 minutes but reappeared within minutes and peaked at 3–4 hours; d3- and d6-α-tocopherols localized to lipoproteins. Lipoprotein redistribution occurred only in vivo within 1 hour, indicating a key role of the liver in uptake and re-release. Compared with healthy subjects who received 2 mg, subjects with hepatosteatosis had similar d6-α-tocopherol entry rates into liver but reduced initial release rates (P < 0.001). Similarly, pharmacokinetics parameters were reduced in hepatosteatosis subjects, indicating reduced hepatic d6-α-tocopherol output. Reductions in kinetics and pharmacokinetics parameters in hepatosteatosis subjects who received 2 mg were echoed by similar reductions in healthy subjects when comparing 5- and 2-mg doses. In vitro, fluorescent-labeled α-tocopherol localized to lipid in fat-loaded hepatocytes, indicating sequestration.

Conclusions:
The unique role of the liver in vitamin E physiology is dysregulated by excess liver fat. Obesity-associated hepatosteatosis may produce unrecognized hepatic vitamin E sequestration, which might subsequently drive liver disease. Our findings raise the possibility that hepatosteatosis may similarly alter hepatic physiology of other fat-soluble vitamins.

Lejeboca

- Wheat Germ Oil Vitamin E Cytoprotection Effect and its Nutrigenomics Signature In Human Hepatocyte Lipotoxicity

Abstract

Wheat germ is a main natural source of vitamin E (VE). This vitamin (as α-tocopherol) has long been suggested to afford hepatoprotection effects. In this study, this function and its transcriptomics fingerprint were investigated in wheat germ oil (WGO)-VE using human liver cells treated with oleic acid (OA) to develop steatosis and lipotoxicity. WGO-VE was used in chemoprevention mode and compared with RRR-α-tocopherol and all-rac-α-tocopherol VE (nVE and sVE, respectively). WGO-VE and nVE were more efficient compared to sVE in reducing the OA-induced steatosis and its consequent impact on lipotoxicity indicators, including abnormal ROS production and efflux (as H2O2), and apoptotic and necrotic cell death.

Transcriptomics data demonstrated that these effects on lipotoxicity were associated with VE formulation-specific gene modulation responses that, however, were all successful to compensate the modifications of cellular homeostasis genes induced by OA treatment. Ingenuity Pathway Analysis of significant gene modulations involved in liver cell damage and disease mechanisms, showed that WGO-VE modulates genes more associated with liver carcinogenesis and steatosis, whereas nVE genes involved in liver cell metabolism and viability biofunctions, and sVE did not significantly modulate gene datasets relevant to the selected biofunctions.

In conclusion, WGO-VE affords efficient protection against liver cell lipotoxicity modulating groups of genes and biofunctions that differ from those affected by the pure forms of VE, either of natural or synthetic nature. These differences may reflect the molecular complexity of this oil, which holds great potential in preventing hepatocellular lipotoxicity.

- Vitamin E: How much is enough, too much and why!
- Editorial: Centennial anniversary of vitamin E discovery
cleardot.gif

RealNeat

Does this mean NASH patients need more vitamin e?
Yeah im wondering the same thing. The two studies above show that vitamin e is beneficial for the liver, however the quesiton is is it getting there in NAFLD. My guess is that if the NAFLD is PUFA caused it needs to quench the free radicals of PUFA first before it can have a major effect on the liver. Then again deactivating oxidation would help the liver indirectly.

On the other hand if NAFLD is caused by over consumption of carbs, the fat would likely be saturated and monounsaturated in this case I think vitamin e would be more quick to heal liver.

Im hypothesizing here.

Tzheng2012

@haidut when do you think this product will be back in stock? I read you added another purifying step to make it tasteless and odorless. Does that mean you removed the plant sterols like squalene?

Mitchell777

@haidut

Hello Georgi!

Is there any chance of there being an option to purchase the MCT formulation of TocoVit? I personally prefer MCT to olive oil in general.

I am not sure how many other users prefer the MCT solvent but I would definitely opt for the MCT formulation if the option was available.

Thanks!

cremes

@haidut

Hello Georgi!

Is there any chance of there being an option to purchase the MCT formulation of TocoVit? I personally prefer MCT to olive oil in general.

I am not sure how many other users prefer the MCT solvent but I would definitely opt for the MCT formulation if the option was available.

Thanks!
Same!

Question for men...what effects do you feel from using oral and topical vitamin E?

moa

Yes, all of these are present naturally in WGO. We did not add the terpenes in there. I only listed them to show that a vitamin E extracted from WGO has additional active ingredients and it's not just tocopherols. Peat mentioned the same thing in one of his articles, calling these "impurities" that may have been responsible for the positive effects of vitamin E in studies done in the early 20th century.

There's a product in France, called Bol d’air Jacquier®. It is a very expensive device (4500 euros for pro version, 1500 for home basic version) that can process and diffuse in the air pine extract containing pinene, a type of terpene. Pinus Pinaster, free of delta 3 carene (allergenic), should be used.

They claim that this, when inhaled for about 10 to 20 minutes will increase cellular respiration and raise metabolic rate a lot. They are now under pressure from authorities for medical fraud but they still operate and sell.

I was able to try it for free in a public expo for about 15 minutes.

The experience was very pleasant, since your head is not in physical contact with any part, and the inhaled success is very pleasant and not too strong in the smell.

What i felt was very strong relaxation, calming, euphoria like symptoms in my head that became very strong after 15 minutes, almost addicted to continue, but i decided to stop.

The strong euphoria went away after about 10 or 20 minutes after, but i kept feeling very normal and well, even it was late i felt like if was in the morning.

Back then i didn't knew anything about metabolic rate. I was hesitant to buy at that price. Wonder if maybe some less expensive alternatives could work ?

Is it better than MB (methylene blue), or is it the same mechanism, MB was not as strong for me in low dosage.

slimdaddydogjim

Forum Supporter
I'm glad that I bought an extra TocoVit last time!

golder

There's a product in France, called Bol d’air Jacquier®. It is a very expensive device (4500 euros for pro version, 1500 for home basic version) that can process and diffuse in the air pine extract containing pinene, a type of terpene. Pinus Pinaster, free of delta 3 carene (allergenic), should be used.

They claim that this, when inhaled for about 10 to 20 minutes will increase cellular respiration and raise metabolic rate a lot. They are now under pressure from authorities for medical fraud but they still operate and sell.

I was able to try it for free in a public expo for about 15 minutes.

The experience was very pleasant, since your head is not in physical contact with any part, and the inhaled success is very pleasant and not too strong in the smell.

What i felt was very strong relaxation, calming, euphoria like symptoms in my head that became very strong after 15 minutes, almost addicted to continue, but i decided to stop.

The strong euphoria went away after about 10 or 20 minutes after, but i kept feeling very normal and well, even it was late i felt like if was in the morning.

Back then i didn't knew anything about metabolic rate. I was hesitant to buy at that price. Wonder if maybe some less expensive alternatives could work ?

Is it better than MB (methylene blue), or is it the same mechanism, MB was not as strong for me in low dosage.

Loving the sound of fhe Pinus Pinaster aka Maritime Pine. Not quite sure about the elaborate device is necessary though. Why not buy a $20 air diffuser and the $9 pure essential oil to get the exact same benefits?

moa

@golder I'm not sure, i have read that the device "transforms" the pinene into a form that is really absorbed fast into red blood cells.

it directs the air into your nose also, not the hole room like a normal diffuser.

but the part that costs it's the chemical transformation of the pinene called peroxidation.

"Biocatalysis: hemoglobin binds oxygenated pinenes more readily than to oxygen alone."

I think just a normal diffuser would not absorb into blood directly but slowly with much waste, also will not be oxygenated so it would require more time.

you can put it on your skin too but that won't go at 100% to the hemoglobin of red blood cells.

this method is pushing it directly where it's needed in red blood cells.

also they say the increased oxygen to the cells is regulated meaning it won't deliver more than what's needed.

they actually recommend only 3 or 6 or 9 minutes up to 3 times per day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals