1. **NEW** BL11 - Orange, Red & Infrared Therapy Body Light
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PL1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy Pod Light
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Are You Interested In Having Dmso As A Third Solvent Option?

Discussion in 'IdeaLabs' started by Wagner83, Nov 21, 2017.

?

Would you buy supplements dissolved in dmso if they were available again?

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. Wagner83

Wagner83 Member

Some people want to use dmso over the other solvents, let's see how many there are.

I'm including links to Ray's warnings (sometimes unclear, was he talking about daily use mid-long term? I'd guess not given he talked about lisuride), some of the negative studies on dmso and Sea's threads so people can be better informed about any potential danger when they make their decisions:
    1. Ray Peat Email Advice Depository
    2. Ray Peat Email Advice Depository
    3. The discussion goes on from this starting point, quite a few interesting links: Safety Of Long-term Use Of DMSO As A Solvent
    4. Ray Peat on DMSO
    5. Why Low Dose DMSO is NOT Safe
    6. Why Low Dose DMSO is NOT Safe Part 2

There are also positive studies associated with it, my personal approach is that I take into account the negative ones first, but we all decide for ourselves hence this poll.

2. Makrosky

Makrosky Member

I'm not. Oily mixtures should be much safer and easy to dose.

3. 800mRepeats

800mRepeats Member

I would like to see an option for DMSO.
    Right now, I use both DMSO and the SFA versions of some of the same supplements - choosing one or the other depending upon the application. For example, I like DMSO for topical use on athletic injuries (Pansterone, Progestene, K2). For supplementation, I prefer the SFA version.

4. Lucenzo01

Lucenzo01 Member

Yes please. I don't know why he stopped using it, it's the best solvent for transdermal application by far.

5. OP
    Wagner83

Wagner83 Member

I noticed that dmso is more potent than SFA ester topically (and both are much more potent than MCT oil / tocopherols), however orally I think they are a lot closer in their effects, what did you guys notice?

6. Dhair

Dhair Member

Same. I think the SFA esters are a much better option for the vitamins, but the steroids are far more powerful in DMSO.

7. OP
    Wagner83

Wagner83 Member

Transdermally K2 is more powerful in dmso imo. Oral pansterone in SFA esters is strong. So I think topically dmso is more potent (which, as the OP suggests, isn't necessarily enough to choose it over other solvents) but orally it's an other story.

8. Tarmander

Tarmander Member

I would say no, I have done DMSO supplements a lot, and I think the DMSO muddies the water so to speak on what is doing what.

9. mercutio

mercutio Member

i found that the dmso androsterone worked way better.

10. Such_Saturation

Such_Saturation Member

I want it as the only solvent option

11. Bobber Anderson

Bobber Anderson Member

DMSO has a downside with things like K2, though. Yes you get more mileage from it, but if you wanted to take 45mg twice per day, how do you replicate that with a K2 in DMSO supplement? 45 drops would still be 45mg, but the DMSO absorption factor confuses things. And I'm easily confused as it is.

12. Foobar

Foobar New Member

I prefer the dmso versions of pansterone and androsterone. More potent for topical application.

13. What-a-Riot

What-a-Riot Member

Calcirol release has this on my mind again. Hate to be a pest, but I wanna bump this idea again. The DMSO solvent gives any of these supplements more unique value

14. artist

artist Member

The DMSO version of TyroMix is markedly more powerful in my experience

15. PTP

PTP Member

I had an allergic reaction to every single product dissolved in dmso, including the newer ones that supposedly fixed the issue. Looking back, I'm amazed I kept buying them, I think I had a hope that something would work so well it would outweigh the costs of the rash.

16. OP
    Wagner83

Wagner83 Member

Do you have this experience with oral use as well?

17. artist

artist Member

I never used the DMSO one orally. I started using the SFA one orally about halfway through the bottle when I realized the topical application was not giving me as strong an effect but it didn't seem that much stronger orally. Obviously one month is a pretty short trial (I was on the DMSO for several months. I go through a bottle per month) I will have more results on the SFA to post after this month