Are You Interested In Having Dmso As A Third Solvent Option?

Would you buy supplements dissolved in dmso if they were available again?

• Yes

Votes: 48 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 21 30.4%

• Total voters

Wagner83

Some people want to use dmso over the other solvents, let's see how many there are.

I'm including links to Ray's warnings (sometimes unclear, was he talking about daily use mid-long term? I'd guess not given he talked about lisuride), some of the negative studies on dmso and Sea's threads so people can be better informed about any potential danger when they make their decisions:
  1. Ray Peat Email Advice Depository
  2. Ray Peat Email Advice Depository
  3. The discussion goes on from this starting point, quite a few interesting links: Safety Of Long-term Use Of DMSO As A Solvent
  4. Ray Peat on DMSO
  5. Why Low Dose DMSO is NOT Safe
  6. Why Low Dose DMSO is NOT Safe Part 2

There are also positive studies associated with it, my personal approach is that I take into account the negative ones first, but we all decide for ourselves hence this poll.

Last edited:

800mRepeats

I would like to see an option for DMSO.
Right now, I use both DMSO and the SFA versions of some of the same supplements - choosing one or the other depending upon the application. For example, I like DMSO for topical use on athletic injuries (Pansterone, Progestene, K2). For supplementation, I prefer the SFA version.

Lucenzo01

Yes please. I don't know why he stopped using it, it's the best solvent for transdermal application by far.

OP
W

Wagner83

I noticed that dmso is more potent than SFA ester topically (and both are much more potent than MCT oil / tocopherols), however orally I think they are a lot closer in their effects, what did you guys notice?

Dhair

I noticed that dmso is more potent than SFA ester topically (and both are much more potent than MCT oil / tocopherols), however orally I think they are a lot closer in their effects, what did you guys notice?
Same. I think the SFA esters are a much better option for the vitamins, but the steroids are far more powerful in DMSO.

Last edited:
OP
W

Wagner83

Same. The I think the SFA esters are a much better option for the vitamins, but the steroids are far more powerful in DMSO.
Transdermally K2 is more powerful in dmso imo. Oral pansterone in SFA esters is strong. So I think topically dmso is more potent (which, as the OP suggests, isn't necessarily enough to choose it over other solvents) but orally it's an other story.

Tarmander

I would say no, I have done DMSO supplements a lot, and I think the DMSO muddies the water so to speak on what is doing what.

RobertJM

DMSO has a downside with things like K2, though. Yes you get more mileage from it, but if you wanted to take 45mg twice per day, how do you replicate that with a K2 in DMSO supplement? 45 drops would still be 45mg, but the DMSO absorption factor confuses things. And I'm easily confused as it is.

Foobar

I prefer the dmso versions of pansterone and androsterone. More potent for topical application.

What-a-Riot

Calcirol release has this on my mind again. Hate to be a pest, but I wanna bump this idea again. The DMSO solvent gives any of these supplements more unique value

PTP

I had an allergic reaction to every single product dissolved in dmso, including the newer ones that supposedly fixed the issue. Looking back, I'm amazed I kept buying them, I think I had a hope that something would work so well it would outweigh the costs of the rash.

artist

Do you have this experience with oral use as well?
I never used the DMSO one orally. I started using the SFA one orally about halfway through the bottle when I realized the topical application was not giving me as strong an effect but it didn't seem that much stronger orally. Obviously one month is a pretty short trial (I was on the DMSO for several months. I go through a bottle per month) I will have more results on the SFA to post after this month

ampersand

I like DMSO. It's nice to have options but if DMSO is available I'll definitely keep buying it, in fact I would sometimes probably buy the same product in each solvent. Like others said, I like dmso for topical but it's nice to have different solvents for oral use or if skin needs a break from dmso irritation.

sladerunner69

DMSO has a downside with things like K2, though. Yes you get more mileage from it, but if you wanted to take 45mg twice per day, how do you replicate that with a K2 in DMSO supplement? 45 drops would still be 45mg, but the DMSO absorption factor confuses things. And I'm easily confused as it is.
I'm fairly sure that absorption factor only applies to hormones, not vitamins

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals