Reasonable DIY Transdermal Testosterone

OP
brightside

brightside

What’s your opinion on using Vitamin E ( Tocovit ) with DMSO? What ratios would you use?
Maybe like 10% if you're trying to squeeze out the last bits of absorption after the DMSO has evaporated.

If the DMSO burns you could try adding it, but IDK how well that would work. I did have good success with the Aloe/DMSO stuff.

Other than that, I don't see why you'd want to add it? It's going to eat up space that DMSO could be in.

OP
brightside

brightside

If I wanted to absorb 1mg of testosterone transdermally using ethanol as a solvent, how much would I apply topically, 10mg, more?
On a random body part (shoulders), 10mg seems to be about right. On the scrotum, much less, probably around a few mgs. BUT, since you're reducing it to DHT, you would get higher T levels since you would be antagonizing estrogen and cortisol, which are much more potent suppressors than T. And if you apply to the scrotum then you're creating even more DHT, and amplifying the effects of your dose.

JCub369

Maybe like 10% if you're trying to squeeze out the last bits of absorption after the DMSO has evaporated.

If the DMSO burns you could try adding it, but IDK how well that would work. I did have good success with the Aloe/DMSO stuff.

Other than that, I don't see why you'd want to add it? It's going to eat up space that DMSO could be in.
I am mostly asking because I have already created a T and DHT solution in Tocovit and want to increase the absorption. Does Progest-E also have low absorption levels then?

Connor888

On a random body part (shoulders), 10mg seems to be about right. On the scrotum, much less, probably around a few mgs. BUT, since you're reducing it to DHT, you would get higher T levels since you would be antagonizing estrogen and cortisol, which are much more potent suppressors than T. And if you apply to the scrotum then you're creating even more DHT, and amplifying the effects of your dose.
Thanks @brightside I was thinking more belly area or arms/shoulders instead of the scrotum. Still 10mg to absorb 1mg do you think?

OP
brightside

brightside

I am mostly asking because I have already created a T and DHT solution in Tocovit and want to increase the absorption. Does Progest-E also have low absorption levels then?
Oh, gotcha. Well, if you use it topically, then yeah, it’s not gonna be great. But orally it’s obviously a different story. I think Yucca was using 28mg of oral T a day with good results.

You could just add some dmso and use it on the scrotum. Maybe try 50% DMSO to start?

OP
brightside

brightside

Thanks @brightside I was thinking more belly area or arms/shoulders instead of the scrotum. Still 10mg to absorb 1mg do you think?
Yessir!

Well, the study that gave the numbers for 9-14% got those numbers through suppression. Basically, they could tell how much was getting absorbed by how suppressed the men got. Also, they recommend shoulders, so I think you would get similar results.

I personally used up to 150mg with ethanol+IPM
on the shoulders, and that was extremely mediocre. If you look at their results (AndroGel studies) they are pretty mediocre too. But then theres people happily using those gels as TRT, so YMMV.

Connor888

Yessir!

Well, the study that gave the numbers for 9-14% got those numbers through suppression. Basically, they could tell how much was getting absorbed by how suppressed the men got. Also, they recommend shoulders, so I think you would get similar results.

I personally used up to 150mg with ethanol+IPM
on the shoulders, and that was extremely mediocre. If you look at their results (AndroGel studies) they are pretty mediocre too. But then theres people happily using those gels as TRT, so YMMV.
Shoulders sounds good. Sounds like you experimented with quite a high dose. I am yet to try this as my base hasn't arrived yet, but I'm torn. Would food grade ethanol work for this application or would I need something stronger to penetrate the skin? I could do scrotum as well I just haven't decided. I would be a little worried about shrinkage if I used it directly on my balls. But this is all new to me. I just don't want to go over 1-3mg of T. Just trying to replace what I'm not making myself, so trying to stick to physiological doses. Do you have any advice on solvents? @brightside

JCub369

Oh, gotcha. Well, if you use it topically, then yeah, it’s not gonna be great. But orally it’s obviously a different story. I think Yucca was using 28mg of oral T a day with good results.

You could just add some dmso and use it on the scrotum. Maybe try 50% DMSO to start?
Link . I would like to use topically. I know ray applied all his vitamins topically. @haidut also stated about the Vitamin E ( Tocopherols ) Test Base lasting about 48hours. I’ll start with 50% DMSO 50% Vit E and keep you updated.

Connor888

Link . I would like to use topically. I know ray applied all his vitamins topically. @haidut also stated about the Vitamin E ( Tocopherols ) Test Base lasting about 48hours. I’ll start with 50% DMSO 50% Vit E and keep you updated.
Sorry if I missed it. But where are you planning on using that solution? Scrotum? Might try it myself since slower absorption sounds better. How many mg would you use also?

JCub369

I think wrists/shoulders. Haven’t ever experimented much with scrotum application. I think I would use about 5-10mg.

Pete Rey

I read someone's post saying that putting DMSO on the testicles didn't bother them. I tried it with the smallest drop possible and I can say emphatically I do not agree. :dead:

If you're sensitive to DMSO, I soothed the dreaded itch by applying it to forearms and then applying a few drops of water over top of it to moisten the skin. And then after using it daily for a while I didn't get it anymore. My strategy was to make a high % solution so I only ever needed a drop or two at most.

JCub369

I read someone's post saying that putting DMSO on the testicles didn't bother them. I tried it with the smallest drop possible and I can say emphatically I do not agree. :dead:

If you're sensitive to DMSO, I soothed the dreaded itch by applying it to forearms and then applying a few drops of water over top of it to moisten the skin. And then after using it daily for a while I didn't get it anymore. My strategy was to make a high % solution so I only ever needed a drop or two at most.
I agree a high % solution is the best way. It also helps mitigate any potential worries people have regarding DMSO.

Connor888

How many mg per drop roughly? @Pete Rey

Connor888

I have achieved 10mg per drop in 80%DMSO 20%Ethanol. It dissolved easily. Not sure what the upper limits are. This is about 200mg per ml.
I'm thinking about starting with 1 5mg drop on the wrists (50% DMSO 50% vitamin E liquid) I wonder how much I'd absorb in that case. I know the skin is thin there

OP
brightside

brightside

Shoulders sounds good. Sounds like you experimented with quite a high dose. I am yet to try this as my base hasn't arrived yet, but I'm torn. Would food grade ethanol work for this application or would I need something stronger to penetrate the skin? I could do scrotum as well I just haven't decided. I would be a little worried about shrinkage if I used it directly on my balls. But this is all new to me. I just don't want to go over 1-3mg of T. Just trying to replace what I'm not making myself, so trying to stick to physiological doses. Do you have any advice on solvents? @brightside
Any high proof (195 ideally) ethanol will work, but food grade is a must.

You will suppress yourself if you use high doses, and you will bounce back very quickly. Depending on how much you use and where, you can bounce back within the day.

If you introduce just a few mg of T into your system without creating any DHT (like you would orally) you will still suppress yourself and really won't gain much (because it will aromatize into E, and that will suppress you in addition to the T) . If you generate a lot of DHT, you will antagonize estrogen/cortisol, and that will allow your T to go higher without suppression. That's why a few mg on the scrotum can be quite powerful. But if you push the dose higher, you will be in a weird middle zone, where you are partially suppressing yourself and not gaining anything, at that point, it only makes sense to jump to an even higher dose and just embrace the shutdown.

You can just play around with this once you get your T. I've used up to 10mg scrotally without much suppression, but that all depends on your absorption %.

Ethanol works fine, it's just volatile. It evaporates and leaves a lot of product on the skin. It's also not that effective to begin with. However, if you're using just a few drops on the scrotum, it really doesn't matter. I recommend adding a touch of fat to it to make it easier on the skin.

OP
brightside

brightside

Well... haidut says a lot of things haha

I don't buy it, and he's not really substantiating it with anything. Just because the half life of E is long, doesn't mean that the T will somehow be complexed with it. Unless of course of take it orally, in which case it bypasses the liver and goes straight into chylomicrons.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals