Transdermal Testosterone Solvent

Aby_2021

Hello all,

I need help with preparing a solvent for transdermal testosterone. I searched the forum extensively for advice on how to make transdermal test and tried some of the formulas. Here's what I've tried - hopefully someone can help me out here.

1) @Aby_2021 's formula - 50% Solgar Vitamin E oil + 50% everclear and 10g test micronized base. (100ml total)

- Aby_2021 recommends Solgar brand Vitamin E oil as it provides him with the best absorption.
- I could not get the Solgar and the everclear to combine. @Aby_2021 , any tips? I tried mixing vigorusly, heating, etc. 50 ml each, and I tried with two different solgar bottles. No dice. The everclear is 190 proof (95% alcohol). I did not even attempt adding the testosterone as the solvents clearly formed two phases in solution.

2) 100% DMSO + 5g test base.

- This had me feeling great (libido, motivation, etc.)
- HOWEVER, DMSO is too much of a skin irritant. I got a hive-like reaction to it and major irritation. Is there anything I can cut the DMSO with safely to minimize this?

3) @Santosh 's 80% Ethanol + 20% MCT oil + 5g test base

- This one worked alright as the two solvents were miscible, but after application, there would be some white residue on my skin, leading me to believe the everclear evaporates off my skin before it can absorb with the testosterone into my skin. To mitigate this, I will attempt a higher concentration of MCT oil and less ethanol (perhaps 60/40)

My future plan is to try azone in place of DMSO as a penetrant, and perhaps aloe vera with dmso. Any advice would be welcome. on improving the DMSO formula or the Vitamin E and Everclear formula. I will also update this thread on what works well - My goal is to find the most practical and sustainable method of creating transdermal testosterone.
@hyperion1441 Apologies I misread your message about everclear.
This is the ethanol I used, and all I had to do was stir a few times at room temperature. Not sure why yours isnt mixing well. May be try another ethanol brand.

OP
H

hyperion1441

Forum Supporter
Was applying 100mg per day split into 3. Have dropped it down to 75mg now
@Aby_2021 Thank you very much for the response and the bloodwork! Quick Question -

So just to confirm, you add 50 ml of this vitamin e oil to 50ml of the ethanol you linked, and they combine perfectly into one homogenous solution BEFORE adding the test powder? https://www.amazon.com/Solgar-Liquid-Vitamin-dropper-Ounce/dp/B000Z90FLU/?tag=rapef020-20

That turns out to be most of the oil right, since the whole bottle is 59ml and you're using 50ml of that?

I will try your formulation again! Thank you

Aby_2021

@Aby_2021 Thank you very much for the response and the bloodwork! Quick Question -

So just to confirm, you add 50 ml of this vitamin e oil to 50ml of the ethanol you linked, and they combine perfectly into one homogenous solution BEFORE adding the test powder? https://www.amazon.com/Solgar-Liquid-Vitamin-dropper-Ounce/dp/B000Z90FLU/?tag=rapef020-20

That turns out to be most of the oil right, since the whole bottle is 59ml and you're using 50ml of that?

I will try your formulation again! Thank you
I actually put test base powder first, then add vitamin e and ethanol at the end.

Last time I used the entire solgar bottle, and added 60ml of Ethanol to that - so ~120ml in total. I then added 12 grams of test base to make 10% solution.

Ethanol and vitamin E mix effortlessly, Test base needs some stirring - I stir 4 to 5 times with gaps of 30 mins or so.

Aby_2021

So 25mg 3x per day applied to scrotum or another location? Are you taking HCG too?
Yes, mostly on scrotum, but I do apply on shoulders once in a while.
I'm not taking HCG, Not a fan of Injecting unless I absolutely have to

Aby_2021

I'm doing 30mg, twice per day, on the scrotum. It only works when I take thyroid, though.
Interesting!
Have you done bloody work? How do you know it only works when you take thyroid, and not otherwise?
How do you feel on test with and without Thyroid?

For me, test helped my thyroid levels A LOT - not only my thyroid levels increased since starting T, but I also feel warm almost all the time.

Aby_2021

Interesting!
Have you done bloody work? How do you know it only works when you take thyroid, and not otherwise?

For me, test helped my thyroid levels A LOT - not only my thyroid levels increased since starting T, but I also feel warm almost all the time.
Perhaps your Test absorption is low anyway, worth looking into that.

dukesbobby777

Interesting!

Because it has no positive effects at all when I take it by itself. I get side effects though. An inability to fall asleep. Moodiness. I get estrogenic sides from other things that can increase testosterone, so I know that I aromatise easily. Not sure what thyroid does in my case, but, for me, it just feels like my body is able to manage testosterone properly when my thyroid is doing well. I don't really get increased libido though, but junk looks more pumped. Balls are bigger if anything, so no sign of suppression yet. Just thyroid (cynoplus), shilajit, and testosterone is what I'm currently doing. My levels before starting this were 400. I've been doing this for a few weeks and I will be retesting soon.

newander

I actually put test base powder first, then add vitamin e and ethanol at the end.

Last time I used the entire solgar bottle, and added 60ml of Ethanol to that - so ~120ml in total. I then added 12 grams of test base to make 10% solution.

Ethanol and vitamin E mix effortlessly, Test base needs some stirring - I stir 4 to 5 times with gaps of 30 mins or so.

I want to try this.. and dmso too. I have low t. Really interested to know if this is working for others.

brightside

I know this thread has moved quite quickly but thought I’d share my experiences:

I use PPL sourced TB and DHT dissolved in DMSO, and a tiny amount of Vitamin E.

Skin irritated for about the first week, and now over a year later absolutely none whatsoever.

There’s many ways to make a transdermal, figure out which works best for you with experimentation.
Yeah, but then there's a potential concern of you just developing tougher skin through which you won't absorb as much hormone. I don't actually know if that happens to any meaningful extent with DMSO, but the skin will pack in more cholesterol in response to repeated ethanol exposure, reducing permeability.

Aby_2021

Yeah, but then there's a potential concern of you just developing tougher skin through which you won't absorb as much hormone. I don't actually know if that happens to any meaningful extent with DMSO, but the skin will pack in more cholesterol in response to repeated ethanol exposure, reducing permeability.
Interesting point, I didn't know that.
However it hasn't happened in my case as my absorption is still pretty good after almost 6 months.
I'm guessing it's because of Vitamin E which makes up around 50% of the solution, and its great for skin health.

Aby_2021

Because it has no positive effects at all when I take it by itself. I get side effects though. An inability to fall asleep. Moodiness. I get estrogenic sides from other things that can increase testosterone, so I know that I aromatise easily. Not sure what thyroid does in my case, but, for me, it just feels like my body is able to manage testosterone properly when my thyroid is doing well. I don't really get increased libido though, but junk looks more pumped. Balls are bigger if anything, so no sign of suppression yet. Just thyroid (cynoplus), shilajit, and testosterone is what I'm currently doing. My levels before starting this were 400. I've been doing this for a few weeks and I will be retesting soon.
Keep us posted when you re-test, and good luck!

Perhaps try using an AI and see if that help with your estrogenic symptoms.

Johhnyb

I’ve not noticed that happening. Feels as strong today as it first did. Not noticeable effects on the skin either.

I did a quick search and couldn’t find anything describing what you said, although I think it’s an interesting point and will be mindful of it. It’s worth noting that I do have periodic small breaks.

Nebula

Interesting point, I didn't know that.
However it hasn't happened in my case as my absorption is still pretty good after almost 6 months.
I'm guessing it's because of Vitamin E which makes up around 50% of the solution, and its great for skin health.
So what's your application method exactly? What kind of bottle do you use? Just a regular dropper bottle? How do you rub it in and make sure it absorbs? How long do you think the absorption process takes? I'm paranoid about getting any on my hands or other areas that might come in contact with other people.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals