What oil would provide the best absorbtion of transdermal hormones?

blackface

Im planning to make another formula for transdermal application of hormones (DHEA, DHT, test base). I have tried DMSO and other stuff.

I want to try just mixing ethanol + oil.

The question is if the type of oil matters? Ie, would MCT oil provide better absorbtion than olive oil etc.?

Im interested in comparison of vitamin E (tocovit), MCT oil and olive oil.

Motorneuron

Im planning to make another formula for transdermal application of hormones (DHEA, DHT, test base). I have tried DMSO and other stuff.

I want to try just mixing ethanol + oil.

The question is if the type of oil matters? Ie, would MCT oil provide better absorbtion than olive oil etc.?

Im interested in comparison of vitamin E (tocovit), MCT oil and olive oil.
I'm very interested too. Why did you quit DMSO? toxicity ?

OP
blackface

blackface

I'm very interested too. Why did you quit DMSO? toxicity ?
Check this formula from @Santosh. I will definitely try it and then let you know.
I am currently trying a new formula :

80ml 96% ethanol
20ml MCT oil
10 grams test base

Seems to work better than with the IPM by the way I feel.
Also suprisingly not that greasy at all.

DMSO is not bad. It has the best absorbtion but I just want to try different formulas and then decided what works the best for me.

Jessie

Probably a mixture of ethanol and tocopherol (Vit E). I mix some pure tocopherol with my homemade DMSO solutions. It sort of cuts the skin irritation while not really effecting the absorption negatively. Vit E is also miscible with ethanol. I think it's best to use ingredients that are miscible. If you shake it up real well and the solution won't combine, it probably won't absorb well either. Just my 2c.

I'm not like, even remotely an expert on this. Maybe someone who mixes stuff all the time could give better input. I did try to mix ethanol and olive oil once, and they weren't really miscible, so I didn't keep the solution. I've found MCT oil to be very similar to olive oil in that regard. Vitamin E however is miscible is both ethanol and DMSO.

OP
blackface

blackface

@Jessie I was using the DMSO formula alone. And then the MCT oil + ethanol. I was wandering if there is oil that would be better than the MCT one. So I was thinking about the vitamin E or olive oil.

Jessie

@Jessie I was using the DMSO formula alone. And then the MCT oil + ethanol. I was wandering if there is oil that would be better than the MCT one. So I was thinking about the vitamin E or olive oil.
My bet would be on the vitamin E. It's always worked for me. I couldn't get olive oil and ethanol to mix.

Personally though I prefer DMSO to ethanol. Vitamin E + DMSO is a perfect combo for me.

OP
blackface

blackface

My bet would be on the vitamin E. It's always worked for me. I couldn't get olive oil and ethanol to mix.

Personally though I prefer DMSO to ethanol. Vitamin E + DMSO is a perfect combo for me.
The thing is with DMSO is thats quite toxic for me. Plus it takes a while to dry off. In ragard of penetrability its probably the best, but Im looking for some safer variants. But thank you.

Sascha6990

@Santosh Did you try squalane for transdermal formula?
I guess you're referring to me. Squalane is a well known oil-based penetration enhancer. I use it in a lot of my cosmetic formulas, not necessarily as an active-delivering mean, but because it is a saturated liquid oil that moisturizes skin incredibly well and imparts a natural glow to it.
For transdermal absorption I usually don't waste it and prefer to use coconut oil instead. As per the article I linked, any oil is easily absorbed through the "cement" between the cells but it also depends on other factors which are mentioned there. Coconut oil works great for me.

brightside

The thing is with DMSO is thats quite toxic for me. Plus it takes a while to dry off. In ragard of penetrability its probably the best, but Im looking for some safer variants. But thank you.
Yeah, DMSO isn't an elegant solution. Yesterday, I finished making a T lotion that I used on my scrotum. I can still feel the effects ~16 hours later. I think that a lotion is superior both to DMSO and ethanol based gels, since absorption is slower, and the effects last much longer. Additionally, it can be used on the scrotum, unlike ethanol (and DMSO, no thanks).

I'm going to experiment a bit more, and then make a post in the near future.

Santosh

Yeah, DMSO isn't an elegant solution. Yesterday, I finished making a T lotion that I used on my scrotum. I can still feel the effects ~16 hours later. I think that a lotion is superior both to DMSO and ethanol based gels, since absorption is slower, and the effects last much longer. Additionally, it can be used on the scrotum, unlike ethanol (and DMSO, no thanks).

Ethanol is absolutely fine and doesn't burn the scrotum in my formula that is comprised of 80% ethanol + 20% MCT oil.

Santosh

Can you list the ingredients of your T lotion ?

brightside

Can you list the ingredients of your T lotion ?
No point yet, since I'm still messing around with the formula, but I will eventually. Its largely water based + fats, penetration enhancers, and emulsifiers, like any lotion.
Ethanol is absolutely fine and doesn't burn the scrotum in my formula that is comprised of 80% ethanol + 20% MCT oil.
I tried using ~70% alcohol gel and that burned quite a bit. Other ingredients were water, IPM, and carbomer, so perhaps the MCT would help, but either way I like the idea of a lotion better anyways.

golder

Would also appreciate it if you could share the cream recipe when you manage to find one that works. The DMSO/alcohol/vitamin E combinations don’t fee quite as nice. Thanks

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom