Results : testosterone levels on TD DHEA + TD pregnenolone

Santosh

I finally completed the experiment.

Protocole : 2 months on daily 200mg transdermal DHEA + 50mg transdermal pregnenolone, applied in the morning on abdomen and scrotum.
Solution is made of 96% ethanol, MCT oil and IPM.

No supplement, no vitamin, no medication. Nothing but food, DHEA and pregnenolone.

Blood test at 4pm.

Total T : 410ng/dl (249-836)
Free T : 10.1pg/ml (5,4-40)

My levels have never been that low.
Even high doses of transdermal DHEA and pregnenolone don't move testosterone at all. No obvious suppression either.

vocedilegno

I finally completed the experiment.

Protocole : 2 months on daily 200mg transdermal DHEA + 50mg transdermal pregnenolone, applied in the morning on abdomen and scrotum.
Solution is made of 96% ethanol, MCT oil and IPM.

No supplement, no vitamin, no medication. Nothing but food, DHEA and pregnenolone.

Blood test at 4pm.

Total T : 410ng/dl (249-836)
Free T : 10.1pg/ml (5,4-40)

My levels have never been that low.
Even high doses of transdermal DHEA and pregnenolone don't move testosterone at all. No obvious suppression either.
You are supposed to test testosterone by 8:00 AM (some Endos say by 9:00 is okay) otherwise the results are bunk. Unless you are elderly.

Normally testosterone secretion happens between 4:00 and 5:00 AM so the longer you wait the lower the blood concentrations will be

youngsinatra

You are supposed to test testosterone by 8:00 AM (some Endos say by 9:00 is okay) otherwise the results are bunk. Unless you are elderly.

Normally testosterone secretion happens between 4:00 and 5:00 AM so the longer you wait the lower the blood concentrations will be
Oh ***t, totally oversaw that. True!
In the PM testosterone can be 50% lower.

vocedilegno

Also, according to the studies found by Haidut 200mg DHEA is way too high and such a dose carries the risk of excess aromatization. High estrogen can definitely suppress the HPT axis.

Last edited:

vocedilegno

Mossy

This is an interesting outcome, for sure.

If anything, I think it brings into question large doses of DHEA.

As well, I think Ray had mentioned not liking scrotal application, as it may be too disruptive.

vocedilegno

Apologies for answering with insufficient background about your trouble from aromasin. I think I understand better now — was part of the reason for using DHEA to reactivate estrogen receptors or stimulate expression of aromatase enzyme?

OP
Santosh

Santosh

Which has zero relevance when the goal of thr experiment is to see wether exogenous hormones can replace the natural ones.

OP
Santosh

Santosh

This is an interesting outcome, for sure.

If anything, I think it brings into question large doses of DHEA.

As well, I think Ray had mentioned not liking scrotal application, as it may be too disruptive.

Scrotal application leads to the highest serum levels out of all skin locations, which males the experiment even more relevant : if it didn't bulge testosterone levels with scrotal application, you can consider no other skin location will.

OP
Santosh

Santosh

Thanks for these results.

Will you be going back to testosterone or do you prefer the effects of dhea/preg?

I made a solution of transdermal pregnenolone only, which feels a lot better than with DHEA.

I might reintroduce testosterone on top at some point.

OP
Santosh

Santosh

Apologies for answering with insufficient background about your trouble from aromasin. I think I understand better now — was part of the reason for using DHEA to reactivate estrogen receptors or stimulate expression of aromatase enzyme?

In part yes, it was mostly to have a conversion to all androgens down from DHEA to testosterone and to all forms of estrogens.

Charger

I made a solution of transdermal pregnenolone only, which feels a lot better than with DHEA.

I might reintroduce testosterone on top at some point.

Interesting, so this is 50mg of topical pregnenolone?

I recall one of your old posts saying pregnenolone would put you in a negative mental state, are the effects different at higher doses for you, in what way does it feel better than DHEA?

opethfeldt

I'm confused. Did you apply DHEA and pregnenolone to the scrotum and abdomen, DHEA to one and preg to the other, half the dose of each to each area or something else? It's important to know exactly where it was applied because the pharmakinetics can be vastly different.

OP
Santosh

Santosh

Interesting, so this is 50mg of topical pregnenolone?

I recall one of your old posts saying pregnenolone would put you in a negative mental state, are the effects different at higher doses for you, in what way does it feel better than DHEA?

That was with oral pregnenolone.
Now the experiment is with transdermal pregnenolone.

OP
Santosh

Santosh

I'm confused. Did you apply DHEA and pregnenolone to the scrotum and abdomen, DHEA to one and preg to the other, half the dose of each to each area or something else? It's important to know exactly where it was applied because the pharmakinetics can be vastly different.

Everything is mixed in the same bottle and applied to the abdomen and scrotum.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals