Texon

Brilliant obfuscation. Well played.
Hopefully nobody actually uses that page as a reference for the effects of progesterone.
Why do you say that? I am not trying to be funny, and I am not a scientist. Please elaborate on your three statements above.

Texon

Idealabs Progestene is what made my post-menopausal mother recover her sleep, in that site they are clearly talking about the side effects of progestins not actual progesterone

:agree2disagree
Disagree with the second part of your statement. Several of the posts include the brand names of various bioidentical progesterone creams.

B

Braveheart

A recent email exchange with Peat he said to me he didn't think pregnenolone was absorbed topically well at all, regardless of the carrier being oil, ethanol or DMSO. He said taken orally it is very well absorbed. Do you agree with the topical pregnenolone comments?
Did you ever find a satisfactory answer to this?...I think this is a pretty important point/question.

benaoao

What a topic here, I loved reading it. This gboldulev guy is a bit all over the place with mineral/enzymes/hormones but end of the day he is right to be against steroid use for health. Peat is the same, isn’t he? Downstream steroid use is the typical “supplement that causes more problem than address them” - rough quote; From Peat.

Addressing issues through the gut, some exercise, sleep and environment is probably as important if not more depending on the individual. I say this because I've felt like beast at times, and no supplement was added,

And here above is where the solution is - but my understanding from forums is that the basics sound... too basic thus neglected, or people find excuses, and resort to more-or-less mainstream supplements. There MUST be a magic pill somewhere that the Western medicine is hiding from the good people..nope. That reasonable approach above will fix Cortisol in and of itself... the body knows better.

Stress is the worst catabolic. Address the environment.

Sleep is the best anabolic. Fix it. Worst comes the worst, an aromatase inhibitor like exemestane in low doses should yield the results people seem to be after. With numerous studies to prove that it works, and that it’s a simple enough mechanism. It’s also quite cheap when low-dosed, 5mg with a fatty meal is a starting dose. May be meaningful in a Peat context with high sugar and fructose which means lower SHBG/higher aromatase activity

B

Braveheart

Never received a response from haidut. Peat seemed pretty clear he didn't think it was absorbed well topically.
But, wonder if he's ever tried Stressnon? I feel it does a really good job...in fact I can attest to it...an old guy like me responds well...these constant conflicting statements are stressful...guess that's part of the game?

Texon

What a topic here, I loved reading it. This gboldulev guy is a bit all over the place with mineral/enzymes/hormones but end of the day he is right to be against steroid use for health. Peat is the same, isn’t he? Downstream steroid use is the typical “supplement that causes more problem than address them” - rough quote; From Peat.

And here above is where the solution is - but my understanding from forums is that the basics sound... too basic thus neglected, or people find excuses, and resort to more-or-less mainstream supplements. There MUST be a magic pill somewhere that the Western medicine is hiding from the good people..nope. That reasonable approach above will fix Cortisol in and of itself... the body knows better.

Stress is the worst catabolic. Address the environment.

Sleep is the best anabolic. Fix it. Worst comes the worst, an aromatase inhibitor like exemestane in low doses should yield the results people seem to be after. With numerous studies to prove that it works, and that it’s a simple enough mechanism. It’s also quite cheap when low-dosed, 5mg with a fatty meal is a starting dose. May be meaningful in a Peat context with high sugar and fructose which means lower SHBG/higher aromatase activity
I am 66 and am on "conservative" doses of trt (50 mgs injectable e3d) which I believe probably saved my life from a pretty catabolic state a couple of years ago. Another interesting thing about goldb is his mention of Dr. Revici, MD, who is probably one of the most amazing men to ever live. He treated and cured numerous cases of hopeless cancer for 50 years in Manhattan right down the street from Sloan Kettering. They knew he was curing people of all kinds of cancer but never wanted to find out what he saw as doing. He died at age 101. Also, I tend to have paradoxical reactions to a whole bunch of supposedly good supplements. When I was recovering from a recent surgery for a shattered elbow after a biking accident, one of the hospital techs said people like me are just the "aliens among us."

Texon

But, wonder if he's ever tried Stressnon? I feel it does a really good job...in fact I can attest to it...an old guy like me responds well...these constant conflicting statements are stressful...guess that's part of the game?
@benaoao Jack Lalayne the old time fitness guru used to say "exercise is king and diet is queen." He was in great shape with swimming, weights, bodyweight moves etc. until he died in his mind 90s of brief attack of pneumonia.

benaoao

@Texon, indeed at 66 years old, I could hazard and say that the lower Leydig cell activity (or response to LH) would justify HRT. Zero doubt about it. Make sure you're taking HCG for a better cholesterol metabolism since you're halting it when suppressed.

Texon

@Texon, indeed at 66 years old, I could hazard and say that the lower Leydig cell activity (or response to LH) would justify HRT. Zero doubt about it. Make sure you're taking HCG for a better cholesterol metabolism since you're halting it when suppressed.
Thanks. I've always had high total T, but apparently the numbers don't always tell the whole story. All I know is things were going south in a hurry (weight loss, high stress, etc.), and I thank God I had an endocrinologist who was willing to experiment. Never heard about suppressed cholesterol metabolism with trt, and hcg gets a bad rap on this forum due to estrogenic properties IIRC. I would appreciate any details or experiences you might have with this.

benaoao

LH is required to initiate the transport of cholesterol to the mitochondria. Suppressed LH means less LDL catabolism

I don’t really participate to this forum obsession with estrogens honestly. Something like 80 mg/wk of T injected weekly (say, on Saturday) plus 500iu of HCG on the Wednesday shouldn’t cause trouble. Would require getting bloods done of course.

vulture

LH is required to initiate the transport of cholesterol to the mitochondria. Suppressed LH means less LDL catabolism

I don’t really participate to this forum obsession with estrogens honestly. Something like 80 mg/wk of T injected weekly (say, on Saturday) plus 500iu of HCG on the Wednesday shouldn’t cause trouble. Would require getting bloods done of course.
Are you stating that this dosage of T along with HCG would not supress you?
How long could you keep that regime? Have you done it?

cyclops

AAS suck, and will screw things up very bad. As Dr. Peat said, too much estrogen is dangerous, as is too much testosterone.

I think Peat said test could be beneficial. I think he recommends small amounts, as with everything.

TreasureVibe

I think Peat said test could be beneficial. I think he recommends small amounts, as with everything.
Small amounts can be good I agree, small amounts occur naturally in nature too, like pine pollen. AAS however encompasses massive doses of PUFA bound testosterone, which is very bad for you. Not just that it is bound to PUFA, but such huge quantities of testosterone can easily aromatize to estrogen at any given moment, causing alot of health problems. Also supraphysiological levels of testosterone can't be just good either. Small doses of bio-identical testosterone can do good, if you know what you're doing. All the AAS (anabolic-androgenic steroids) that's being sold for typical sports enhancement and bodybuilding is garbage. From my perspective AAS or illegal steroids is typically understood as the stuff bodybuilders use.

an aromatase inhibitor like exemestane in low doses should yield the results people seem to be after. With numerous studies to prove that it works, and that it’s a simple enough mechanism. It’s also quite cheap when low-dosed, 5mg with a fatty meal is a starting dose. May be meaningful in a Peat context with high sugar and fructose which means lower SHBG/higher aromatase activity

Androsterone is almost identical to exemestane but is a naturally occuring metabolite, instead of a chemical made in a lab.

Last edited:

Texon

Not stating that at all
@benaoao thanks for the idea about hcg. If you can believe it, my labs 2 weeks ago showed total T at 1338 and sensitive E2 at 55 even while taking only 50 mgs Tcyp e3-4 days and no AI (even though I have 1 mg tabs of arimidex on hand). I've never found the sweet spot with even low doses of the adex, but do take vitamin e every day and other supps/foods that are supposed to keep E2 under control. I am fairly lean at 6'5"/200 lbs and show no outward signs of excess estrogen. I am going to try cutting T to 90, then 80, and will try to convince my D.O. to let me try the hcg as above, which seems very conservative actually. I also may try small pieces of the adex a couple times a week to lower the E2.

Yggr

Small amounts can be good I agree, small amounts occur naturally in nature too, like pine pollen. AAS however encompasses massive doses of PUFA bound testosterone, which is very bad for you. Not just that it is bound to PUFA, but such huge quantities of testosterone can easily aromatize to estrogen at any given moment, causing alot of health problems. Also supraphysiological levels of testosterone can't be just good either. Small doses of bio-identical testosterone can do good, if you know what you're doing. All the AAS (anabolic-androgenic steroids) that's being sold for typical sports enhancement and bodybuilding is garbage. From my perspective AAS or illegal steroids is typically understood as the stuff bodybuilders use.

Androsterone is almost identical to exemestane but is a naturally occuring metabolite, instead of a chemical made in a lab.

Just being nig picky, testosterone in injectibles or any other anabolic for that matter is not bound to PUFA but usually suspended in it ie and test ester dissolved in peanut oil for example.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals