Reasonable DIY Transdermal Testosterone

Connor888

Any high proof (195 ideally) ethanol will work, but food grade is a must.

You will suppress yourself if you use high doses, and you will bounce back very quickly. Depending on how much you use and where, you can bounce back within the day.

If you introduce just a few mg of T into your system without creating any DHT (like you would orally) you will still suppress yourself and really won't gain much (because it will aromatize into E, and that will suppress you in addition to the T) . If you generate a lot of DHT, you will antagonize estrogen/cortisol, and that will allow your T to go higher without suppression. That's why a few mg on the scrotum can be quite powerful. But if you push the dose higher, you will be in a weird middle zone, where you are partially suppressing yourself and not gaining anything, at that point, it only makes sense to jump to an even higher dose and just embrace the shutdown.

You can just play around with this once you get your T. I've used up to 10mg scrotally without much suppression, but that all depends on your absorption %.

Ethanol works fine, it's just volatile. It evaporates and leaves a lot of product on the skin. It's also not that effective to begin with. However, if you're using just a few drops on the scrotum, it really doesn't matter. I recommend adding a touch of fat to it to make it easier on the skin.
I think I'm going to use it with Vitamin E on my wrists.. how many mgs would you be able to get away with before suppression occurs there, more than 10mg? Tempted to start off at 5mg and see how I get on with that. In DMSO probably instead of alcohol. I think it's better?

I was quite surprised, I was reading the forum and I saw someone used 10mg on the wrists in the form of a gel or cream from the doctor and reached a test level of 1400 (but had to stop due to swollen feet) so maybe 5mg would be a middle ground? The last time I had my levels tested I was 400 ish.

JCub369

Any high proof (195 ideally) ethanol will work, but food grade is a must.

You will suppress yourself if you use high doses, and you will bounce back very quickly. Depending on how much you use and where, you can bounce back within the day.

If you introduce just a few mg of T into your system without creating any DHT (like you would orally) you will still suppress yourself and really won't gain much (because it will aromatize into E, and that will suppress you in addition to the T) . If you generate a lot of DHT, you will antagonize estrogen/cortisol, and that will allow your T to go higher without suppression. That's why a few mg on the scrotum can be quite powerful. But if you push the dose higher, you will be in a weird middle zone, where you are partially suppressing yourself and not gaining anything, at that point, it only makes sense to jump to an even higher dose and just embrace the shutdown.

You can just play around with this once you get your T. I've used up to 10mg scrotally without much suppression, but that all depends on your absorption %.

Ethanol works fine, it's just volatile. It evaporates and leaves a lot of product on the skin. It's also not that effective to begin with. However, if you're using just a few drops on the scrotum, it really doesn't matter. I recommend adding a touch of fat to it to make it easier on the skin.
This was very informative. Thank you for sharing. Would it not be best to just use pure DHT then in this case? Also what is a few mg in your case and what do you consider a high dose that you will still bounce back from?

OP
brightside

brightside

I think I'm going to use it with Vitamin E on my wrists.. how many mgs would you be able to get away with before suppression occurs there, more than 10mg? Tempted to start off at 5mg and see how I get on with that. In DMSO probably instead of alcohol. I think it's better?

I was quite surprised, I was reading the forum and I saw someone used 10mg on the wrists in the form of a gel or cream from the doctor and reached a test level of 1400 (but had to stop due to swollen feet) so maybe 5mg would be a middle ground? The last time I had my levels tested I was 400 ish.
Yeah, I know who you're talking about. I'm quite sure that, that's not a typical response. Although, perhaps he reduced it to DHT much more readily than he aromatized it, in which case that would make sense. It's all highly variable, and you really won't know till you try yourself.

Yeah, go for it. With DMSO you can expect to absorb a lot more so keep that in mind. Try 5, 10, then 15. See how you fare. I've used 18mg with cream on my shoulders and that didn't shut me down very much, but I was using quite a bit of DHT along with that. However, 18mg on the scrotum is immediate shutdown with a bounce back in about 12 hours. (In this case, my absorption went from like 20-30% to probably over 50%, that's why the drastically different response).

OP
brightside

brightside

This was very informative. Thank you for sharing. Would it not be best to just use pure DHT then in this case? Also what is a few mg in your case and what do you consider a high dose that you will still bounce back from?
That's what I do :) I'm using anywhere from 25-75mg DHT daily. I aromatize like no tomorrow and have excess cortisol, so the T use was too bothersome. I don't get suppressed by the DHT until I start reaching higher doses.

Scrotally, anything below 10mg wouldn't suppress me. (although safer would be like 5-8) On the body, like 20mg.

Any high dose you will bounce back from, it will just take longer. Mr Santosh blasted his T levels to 3x of the range year round and bounced back quickly. I wouldn't advise that, but it's just a simple case of negative feedback. Once you remove the additional stimulus, you will start generating your own quite quickly.

The reason why the regular methods require such long wait times and PCT is because it takes like a month for their doses to finally clear out. And they can often have excess estrogen which can damage the testicles, which is why sometimes people don't get full functionality back.

Transdermal is inherently safer, it's out of your system much faster, and you create more DHT.

JCub369

That's what I do :) I'm using anywhere from 25-75mg DHT daily. I aromatize like no tomorrow and have excess cortisol, so the T use was too bothersome. I don't get suppressed by the DHT until I start reaching higher doses.

Scrotally, anything below 10mg wouldn't suppress me. (although safer would be like 5-8) On the body, like 20mg.

Any high dose you will bounce back from, it will just take longer. Mr Santosh blasted his T levels to 3x of the range year round and bounced back quickly. I wouldn't advise that, but it's just a simple case of negative feedback. Once you remove the additional stimulus, you will start generating your own quite quickly.

The reason why the regular methods require such long wait times and PCT is because it takes like a month for their doses to finally clear out. And they can often have excess estrogen which can damage the testicles, which is why sometimes people don't get full functionality back.

Transdermal is inherently safer, it's out of your system much faster, and you create more DHT.
I was going to ask re the traditional methods haha. Thanks for clearing that up. I wonder how long it will take for the BB community to catch on to transdermal application.

Have you considered integrating pregnenolone with your DHT regimen? There's some discussion that it may enhance efficacy, allowing for lower doses of DHT while achieving comparable results. I've got a supply of pregnenolone on the way and should have it by month's end. I’d be happy to share my findings with you if you're interested.

On another note, I'm intrigued by the range of effects you've observed with a daily intake of 25-75mg DHT. Could you share how it's influenced your physical attributes, such as beard and muscle growth, or even changes to your facial structure? Also, I'm keen to understand the psychological impact – have you noticed shifts in your confidence levels, anxiety?

Pete Rey

Well... haidut says a lot of things haha

I don't buy it, and he's not really substantiating it with anything. Just because the half life of E is long, doesn't mean that the T will somehow be complexed with it. Unless of course of take it orally, in which case it bypasses the liver and goes straight into chylomicrons.
Don't know the context, but it's likely he was referring to an oral or buccal RoA. Rub it on your gums, just like Progest-E. I actually trialed this, and homebrewed a bottle of Tocovit with test base to maximum concentration. I figured skin absorption was out of the question for the reasons recently discussed, so I went with buccal. No blood tests, but subjectively I found this to be very underwhelming, even at higher doses. I don't remember exact dosages, but I went well beyond what I would normally apply with cream or DMSO. When I switched back I noticed immediate improvement.

Last edited:

Pete Rey

Right. Just thought someone on the forum had prior knowledge. Have a great day!
If you've read/searched Georgi's product threads, you'd find that he did offer a DHT-related product at one point in time and no longer does. I'm sure we can all guess why. Hence @JCub369 's friendly suggestion.

OP
brightside

brightside

I was going to ask re the traditional methods haha. Thanks for clearing that up. I wonder how long it will take for the BB community to catch on to transdermal application.

Have you considered integrating pregnenolone with your DHT regimen? There's some discussion that it may enhance efficacy, allowing for lower doses of DHT while achieving comparable results. I've got a supply of pregnenolone on the way and should have it by month's end. I’d be happy to share my findings with you if you're interested.

On another note, I'm intrigued by the range of effects you've observed with a daily intake of 25-75mg DHT. Could you share how it's influenced your physical attributes, such as beard and muscle growth, or even changes to your facial structure? Also, I'm keen to understand the psychological impact – have you noticed shifts in your confidence levels, anxiety?
Most gear users don't seem to like transdermal for whatever reason. I suppose stinging skin and smelling sulfur-y is not everyone's favorite pastime activity.. lol. The point of this thread was to explore options for TRT, though, and I think that there's an optimal solution out there still. Getting physiological amounts of T isn't the same thing as grams of gear lol.

I've used 100mg/day of pregnenolone for like half a year at one point. It was very effective and helpful, but then it stopped working.. I haven't considered trying it with the DHT, though. I think I'll give it another shot.

Well, I get the benefits you would expect: energy, clarity, increased muscle output and fullness, calmness/cortisol reduction, assertiveness, etc. But it's also been helping with my low BP/POTS issues a good amount. I started using it for that, but all of the other effects have been incredibly welcome as well.

Things that I wasn't expecting and that kind of surprised me were improvements in posture and a bigger **** lol. In my case, poor posture isn't really an issue of confidence or energy, but gut irritation. Being upright when you have gut pain is very uncomfortable. Interestingly, the DHT makes good posture really comfortable despite that, and it's not something I really noticed with T use. That's kind of random, but it's very noticeable. ( I suppose it could easily be the anti-inflammatory effects of DHT in combination with the androgenic effects)

I also noticed slightly increased masseter size, and probably faster beard growth? I don't really pay attention to that.

As a side note, both DHT and T don't really affect my voice, but exemestane does. It drops my talking voice a decent amount. However, none of the steroids really affect my singing voice, and only B1 touches that.

In my experience, DHT > all other hormones when dealing with very compromised health.

Last edited:
OP
brightside

brightside

Don't know the context, but it's likely he was referring to an oral or buccal RoA. Rub it on your gums, just like Progest-E. I actually trialed this, and homebrewed a bottle of Tocovit with test base to maximum concentration. I figured skin absorption was out of the question for the reasons recently discussed, so I went with buccal. No blood tests, but subjectively I found this to be very underwhelming, even at higher doses. I don't remember exact dosages, but I went well beyond what I would normally apply with cream or DMSO. When I switched back I noticed immediate improvement.
He did say "applying to the skin", but I understand. He's a very passionate person and sometimes over-sells or over-hypes things. (aspirin lol)

That's quite disappointing. I remember stumbling on some of Yucca's posts, and they seem too good to be true. Not saying that he's lying, but it doesn't really make any sense and it clearly didn't work for you.

Last edited:

Pete Rey

He did say "applying to the skin", but I understand. He's a very passionate person and sometimes over-sells or over-hypes things. (aspirin lol)

That's quite disappointing. I remember stumbling on some of Yucca's posts, and they seem too good to be true. Not saying that he's lying, but it doesn't really make any sense and it clearly didn't work for you.
I will say aspirin is quite effective for me, and I've take a gram twice daily for a couple years now. But I am on the autism spectrum so I am probably in a position to notice those benefits more than the average person. My musculoskeletal system didn't develop properly as a child and my T levels pre-TRT were always in the dirt.

I get what you're saying, though. It might just come down to individual biology. Georgi's "pregnenolone+dhea as a TRT substitute" thesis seemed like a wild one, and I found them not to be in the same ballpark, but apparently it worked well for him personally. Same for Yucca. I remember reading his posts too; in fact they may have been what motivated me to try the experiment. He writes quite sincerely. I simply may need bigger guns.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals