Transdermal Testosterone Solvent

hyperion1441

Forum Supporter
Hello all,

I need help with preparing a solvent for transdermal testosterone. I searched the forum extensively for advice on how to make transdermal test and tried some of the formulas. Here's what I've tried - hopefully someone can help me out here.

1) @Aby_2021 's formula - 50% Solgar Vitamin E oil + 50% everclear and 10g test micronized base. (100ml total)

- Aby_2021 recommends Solgar brand Vitamin E oil as it provides him with the best absorption.
- I could not get the Solgar and the everclear to combine. @Aby_2021 , any tips? I tried mixing vigorusly, heating, etc. 50 ml each, and I tried with two different solgar bottles. No dice. The everclear is 190 proof (95% alcohol). I did not even attempt adding the testosterone as the solvents clearly formed two phases in solution.

2) 100% DMSO + 5g test base.

- This had me feeling great (libido, motivation, etc.)
- HOWEVER, DMSO is too much of a skin irritant. I got a hive-like reaction to it and major irritation. Is there anything I can cut the DMSO with safely to minimize this?

3) @Santosh 's 80% Ethanol + 20% MCT oil + 5g test base

- This one worked alright as the two solvents were miscible, but after application, there would be some white residue on my skin, leading me to believe the everclear evaporates off my skin before it can absorb with the testosterone into my skin. To mitigate this, I will attempt a higher concentration of MCT oil and less ethanol (perhaps 60/40)

My future plan is to try azone in place of DMSO as a penetrant, and perhaps aloe vera with dmso. Any advice would be welcome. on improving the DMSO formula or the Vitamin E and Everclear formula. I will also update this thread on what works well - My goal is to find the most practical and sustainable method of creating transdermal testosterone.

brightside

Hello all,

I need help with preparing a solvent for transdermal testosterone. I searched the forum extensively for advice on how to make transdermal test and tried some of the formulas. Here's what I've tried - hopefully someone can help me out here.
Hello,

Not extensively enough lol

Menthol is what you’re looking for. It increases absorption of T and also increases the solubility of T.

MCT and Vit E are not meaningful penetration enhancers. MCT is especially pointless, since it’s not a solvent for T, neither is it that miscible in ethanol. All it does it make it look like you’re not wasting T on your skin. But it is hydrating, i’ll give it that.

DMSO and Aloe is a good idea, that worked to remove skin irritation for me completely, but not the itchiness.

JCub369

Hello,

Menthol is what you’re looking for. It increases absorption of T and also increases the solubility of T.

MCT and Vit E are not meaningful penetration enhancers. MCT is especially pointless, since it’s not a solvent for T, neither is it that miscible in ethanol. All it does it make it look like you’re not wasting T on your skin. But it is hydrating, i’ll give it that.

DMSO and Aloe is a good idea, that worked to remove skin irritation for me completely, but not the itchiness.
Menthol and what ? Or just pure menthol ? What about 50% dmso 50% menthol.

Also do you have any new recommendations for how to make test base last longer - almost giving it an ester like effect? Or what esters are soluble or similarly soluble as test base

OP
H

hyperion1441

Forum Supporter
Hello,

Thanks Brightside. Couple questions -

1) Menthol - I will give this a shot. Would Test dissolved in 100% menthol be suitable or do you mix it with anything? I've seen some of the formulations you've tested on other threads, and they seem efficacious, albeit a bit complex for my simple brain.

2) off the top of your head, how would you go about aloe + dmso? I could not find much on this topic. Many Aloe products are a viscous gel, so I assumed perhaps you'd be applying a gel AFTER applying the DMSO/test solution to your skin. Unless there is a liquid aloe product you recommend? In which case, any idea on ratios of DMSO to aloe?

Appreciate the response & assistance.

OP
H

hyperion1441

Forum Supporter

Also do you have any new recommendations for how to make test base last longer - almost giving it an ester like effect? Or what esters are soluble or similarly soluble as test base
On thinksteroids, I saw a user who dissolved test prop in 96% vodka and IPM and got a blood test of 910 ng/dl 26 hrs after application.

brightside

What about 50% dmso 50% menthol.
That will probably obliterate your skin lol.
Thanks Brightside. Couple questions -

1) Menthol - I will give this a shot. Would Test dissolved in 100% menthol be suitable or do you mix it with anything? I've seen some of the formulations you've tested on other threads, and they seem efficacious, albeit a bit complex for my simple brain.

2) off the top of your head, how would you go about aloe + dmso? I could not find much on this topic. Many Aloe products are a viscous gel, so I assumed perhaps you'd be applying a gel AFTER applying the DMSO/test solution to your skin. Unless there is a liquid aloe product you recommend? In which case, any idea on ratios of DMSO to aloe?

Appreciate the response & assistance.
Oh, sorry. Menthol in ethanol. You need some kind of carrier, since menthol is a crystal at room temp. You could technically use any kind of oil too, but that wouldn't really make sense.

Using menthol with DMSO doesn't make sense, as DMSO is stronger.

I had a recipe here. The top image is what you want. You can pick either of the three options, I just did different versions depending on if you are measuring by weight or by volume.

You can easily go up to 20% menthol, I think the IcyHot creams are roughly in that range. More won't make sense, since you will crowd out the T and ethanol. Also, I know that I just said MCT is useless, but it happens to be in the recipe above, but in this case, it's actually doing something by keeping the menthol dissolved, letting it do it's job.

I did what you are saying, just in reverse. I applied the aloe+DMSO mix, and then I dropped on the hormone mixture. I don't think it really matters that much.

You could probably just keep adding DMSO to the aloe gel to get it to a consistency you want, and then add hormone. Although, it might be too low in aloe to prevent irritation at that point. You can also try vitamin E I think.

brightside

I've been thinking about using esterified hormones for a while, and actually tried out some Mast P recently. It does work. All I did was mix the oil with a bit of menthol and ethanol.

The problem with esterified hormones is that the skin lipase will probably cleave them, and you will end up with un-esterified hormones in your blood. At first, I thought that this is a problem, but then I realized that it doesn't actually matter. The cleaving only happens in the deeper skin layers. The esterified hormone can just chill out in the outer layers, and slowly penetrate deeper, providing you a longer duration of action.

This is all fine, but then you realize that you would need to apply a much larger amount than T base (because of the ester), and you would also need to use even more since it's not as good at penetrating the skin layers (because of the ester). Then you also realize that esterified hormones are very expensive compared to raw T base. And so multi-day application is just much cheaper and simpler.

I did see a raw bulk supplier on SST who sells 100g of Test P powder for a reasonable price, but I'm not willing to shell out that kind of money for that much product, just to experiment. And I haven't had an opportunity to get myself a vial of Test P or A yet.

OP
H

hyperion1441

Forum Supporter
That will probably obliterate your skin lol.

Oh, sorry. Menthol in ethanol. You need some kind of carrier, since menthol is a crystal at room temp. You could technically use any kind of oil too, but that wouldn't really make sense.

Using menthol with DMSO doesn't make sense, as DMSO is stronger.

I had a recipe here. The top image is what you want. You can pick either of the three options, I just did different versions depending on if you are measuring by weight or by volume.

You can easily go up to 20% menthol, I think the IcyHot creams are roughly in that range. More won't make sense, since you will crowd out the T and ethanol. Also, I know that I just said MCT is useless, but it happens to be in the recipe above, but in this case, it's actually doing something by keeping the menthol dissolved, letting it do it's job.

I did what you are saying, just in reverse. I applied the aloe+DMSO mix, and then I dropped on the hormone mixture. I don't think it really matters that much.

You could probably just keep adding DMSO to the aloe gel to get it to a consistency you want, and then add hormone. Although, it might be too low in aloe to prevent irritation at that point. You can also try vitamin E I think.
Amazing. I will be trying the ethanol and menthol formula.

Looking at the image - I'm a bit confused by the numbers. What does 750, 1625, 3950, etc refer to. Is it grams, I presume?
From what I gather, it seems you allude to a 80/20 ethanol/menthol mix in the above comment. Would that be correct?

I apologize if the questions seem elementary - I appreciate it!

brightside

Also do you have any new recommendations for how to make test base last longer
Honestly, I've cut down to just Ethanol+IPM. I also pushed the T % all the way down to 2.5%. More aromatizes too much, and any penetration enhancers more powerful than the IPM slam me with too much hormone way too quickly.

I've been applying like 25mg on each shoulder, like 2-3 times a day. It's a tad annoying, but it does dry very fast compared to DMSO or lotions. So that's kind of nice. I think the low T % applied across a much larger area of skin is what allows me to keep this up without too much aromatization.

So, I don't have any new ideas unfortunately. Seems that super convenient, once a day dosing is not that practical or for everyone.

brightside

Amazing. I will be trying the ethanol and menthol formula.

Looking at the image - I'm a bit confused by the numbers. What does 750, 1625, 3950, etc refer to. Is it grams, I presume?
From what I gather, it seems you allude to a 80/20 ethanol/menthol mix in the above comment. Would that be correct?

I apologize if the questions seem elementary - I appreciate it!
No need to apologize, I did a bad job writing stuff out.

The numbers on the left are milligrams. The number on the right is the mL.

Well, menthol and T have an optimal ratio, with at least 13mg of Menthol to 6mg of T. So if you do 20% menthol, you would do about 9.1% T, and the rest with ethanol (~70%). That would come out to around 80-100mg/ml I think. I hope this clears it up? I'm not sure what exactly you're referencing.

Good luck, sir! :)

OP
H

hyperion1441

Forum Supporter
No need to apologize, I did a bad job writing stuff out.

The numbers on the left are milligrams. The number on the right is the mL.

Well, menthol and T have an optimal ratio, with at least 13mg of Menthol to 6mg of T. So if you do 20% menthol, you would do about 9.1% T, and the rest with ethanol (~70%). That would come out to around 80-100mg/ml I think. I hope this clears it up? I'm not sure what exactly you're referencing.

Good luck, sir! :)
Thank you!
I'm bad with milligrams, I've been measuring everything in mL, because it translates easy to percentages since I make 100mL solutions.

I also want to put the quantities down in case anyone in the future is interested in formulating the mix. If you could let me know if it looks good, that would be amazing!
So with these numbers, I assume for a 100mL mix, around 70-75mL can be ethanol, 20mL can be menthol, and 10g can be Test base?

So to re-create your Menthol/ethanol/MCT mixture from this image, I presume since MCT doesn’t have a volume next to it, you used MCT powder and not oil? If so, would you have a recommendation on which to use? Your information has been invaluable, as I prepare to make this formula.

Attachments

• DC733CD0-4320-4511-A717-773DFBD52760.png
    DC733CD0-4320-4511-A717-773DFBD52760.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

JCub369

On thinksteroids, I saw a user who dissolved test prop in 96% vodka and IPM and got a blood test of 910 ng/dl 26 hrs after application.
can you link to this? I would like to look more into it. Does he cover the solubility? I wanted to look into using an ester but most test esters are not very soluble in DMSO

brightside

Thank you!
I'm bad with milligrams, I've been measuring everything in mL, because it translates easy to percentages since I make 100mL solutions.

I also want to put the quantities down in case anyone in the future is interested in formulating the mix. If you could let me know if it looks good, that would be amazing!
So with these numbers, I assume for a 100mL mix, around 70-75mL can be ethanol, 20mL can be menthol, and 10g can be Test base?

So to re-create your Menthol/ethanol/MCT mixture from this image, I presume since MCT doesn’t have a volume next to it, you used MCT powder and not oil? If so, would you have a recommendation on which to use? Your information has been invaluable, as I prepare to make this formula.
Umm, well, I wouldn't recommend making 100ml at once. What if you don't like it and want to tweak it? I can't be too confident in that recipe, since I've made so many batches and that was months ago. Honestly, I don't remember how exactly it worked. I know it was ok, since I posted the recipe lol, but can't say it's optimal.

The MCT was an oil. I just have a 600g scale that's accurate to the nearest 10mg, so making small batches with liquids and powders is easy using weight. I just look up the conversion of volume to weight of any particular substance.

MCT is 0.93-0.96g / mL, so basically a 1:1.
1mL of MCT ~ 1g

Last edited:

blackface

Honestly, I've cut down to just Ethanol+IPM. I also pushed the T % all the way down to 2.5%. More aromatizes too much, and any penetration enhancers more powerful than the IPM slam me with too much hormone way too quickly.

I've been applying like 25mg on each shoulder, like 2-3 times a day. It's a tad annoying, but it does dry very fast compared to DMSO or lotions. So that's kind of nice. I think the low T % applied across a much larger area of skin is what allows me to keep this up without too much aromatization.

So, I don't have any new ideas unfortunately. Seems that super convenient, once a day dosing is not that practical or for everyone.
Hi man, I have used several of the formulas from the DMSO one, Ethanol/Menthol, Vitamin E, MCT, etc. Lately I've just kind of given up on them. Have you really noticed any benefits? My energy levels were the same, libido was the same, no strength/muscle gains.

Since I do not want to use injections, I will just try to look for other possible solutions how to boost the T.

I was kinda inspired by @tyler and his latest update on his T levels in the 1200s.

I just kinda can't see how vitamin K and progesterone could give you such a boost in T since these supplements act as natural aromatase inhibitors for me.

Right now I'm just trying to use the T3 mainly.

brightside

Hi man, I have used several of the formulas from the DMSO one, Ethanol/Menthol, Vitamin E, MCT, etc. Lately I've just kind of given up on them. Have you really noticed any benefits? My energy levels were the same, libido was the same, no strength/muscle gains.

Since I do not want to use injections, I will just try to look for other possible solutions how to boost the T.

I was kinda inspired by @tyler and his latest update on his T levels in the 1200s.

I just kinda can't see how vitamin K and progesterone could give you such a boost in T since these supplements act as natural aromatase inhibitors for me.

Right now I'm just trying to use the T3 mainly.
Yeah, most definitely. Everything from strength and muscle gains, to motivation and helping break me out of learned helplessness. Topical DHT has been quite masculinizing as well, both physically and mentally. I've been using it consistently for half a year now, and recently did a steep cut (1000kcal deficit for 2 months, and I've gained a little muscle during that time). I see why DHT derivates are contest prep compounds, they work phenomenally.

Are you sure that your gut is fine? When my gut is irritated, I don't feel that much from the T, and only a little from DHT. As soon as that's resolved, they work quite well. You can have something like intestinal methanogen overgrowth which could present as constipation, bloating and distention, but won't necessarily give you the same symptoms as something like SIBO. I've had mild gut issues during my childhood which I now realize were some kind of dysbiosis. I was hyperactive, had poor appetite and skinny, and also a tad autistic. Not a problem when you're a kid, but as a grown up that's been quite a problem. I'm only now finally realizing that I've basically been only somewhat androgen sensitive. As soon as I resolve this kind of low-key irritation, I suddenly feel incredibly masculine and good.

I've heard stuff like mycotoxins can inhibit genetic transcription of androgen receptors, so you can activate them all you want, but your ribosomes won't be pumping out the necessary proteins anyways. Not sure how accurate that is, but it seems to be true in my case, although I'm not sure what toxins cause that.

In general, do you have any symptoms that you would complain about?

brightside

I'd like to clarify, by gut irritation, I don't mean pain or discomfort. This kind of gut irritation that I describe was not noticeable besides mild constipation, but it wreaked havoc on my mental and social functioning. It's likely serotonergic, and mediated via the vagus nerve.

Momado965

Yeah, most definitely. Everything from strength and muscle gains, to motivation and helping break me out of learned helplessness. Topical DHT has been quite masculinizing as well, both physically and mentally. I've been using it consistently for half a year now, and recently did a steep cut (1000kcal deficit for 2 months, and I've gained a little muscle during that time). I see why DHT derivates are contest prep compounds, they work phenomenally.

Are you sure that your gut is fine? When my gut is irritated, I don't feel that much from the T, and only a little from DHT. As soon as that's resolved, they work quite well. You can have something like intestinal methanogen overgrowth which could present as constipation, bloating and distention, but won't necessarily give you the same symptoms as something like SIBO. I've had mild gut issues during my childhood which I now realize were some kind of dysbiosis. I was hyperactive, had poor appetite and skinny, and also a tad autistic. Not a problem when you're a kid, but as a grown up that's been quite a problem. I'm only now finally realizing that I've basically been only somewhat androgen sensitive. As soon as I resolve this kind of low-key irritation, I suddenly feel incredibly masculine and good.

I've heard stuff like mycotoxins can inhibit genetic transcription of androgen receptors, so you can activate them all you want, but your ribosomes won't be pumping out the necessary proteins anyways. Not sure how accurate that is, but it seems to be true in my case, although I'm not sure what toxins cause that.

In general, do you have any symptoms that you would complain about?

Whats your recipe for topical dht?

Momado965

I have a 1% dht solution of only 7grams of dht in 500ml pure ethanol. Dissolves nicely without any particles floating around, unlike the 2% solution I made beforehand.

brightside

I have a 1% dht solution of only 7grams of dht in 500ml pure ethanol. Dissolves nicely without any particles floating around, unlike the 2% solution I made beforehand.
I don’t feel DHT unless it’s in DMSO. I just chuck a bunch of powder into a dropper bottle and a bunch of DMSO and keep adding DMSO until it dissolves completely. That’s around 50mg/ml.

I’ve tried it in ethanol, with various penetration enhancers, also scrotally, but it’s just not enough. I could use like 100mg at a time, but that’s way too expensive.

DHT just sucks at penetrating unlike T, it seems.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals