Dissolving hormones in MCT ?

Matestube

How does one dissolve hormones in pure MCT oil ?

I see it's possible, a few companies offer 100mg/ml progesterone in pure MCT oil, nothing else.
I have tried dissolving testosterone base micronized in pure MCT oil at low concentration, it doesn't dissolve at all.
Tried mixing the two after heating up the MCT oil quite a bit, still nothing.
Stirring with an electric frother for 2 minutes straight, nothing.

Is adding a solvent absolutely necessary? I thought most steroids where lipophilic and therefore dissolved in fats.

@haidut @Hans @Lokzo @tankasnowgod

conrad0602

I've found that with a lot of heat prog/t/dht/dhea wil dissolve fully but by the next day they have come out out the solution.. This is at relatively small conentrations (1mg per drop) 10/20% ethanol with some heat seems to work. Pregnenolone never holds. Not sure if the heat damages the hormones though ?

haidut

Forum Supporter
How does one dissolve hormones in pure MCT oil ?

I see it's possible, a few companies offer 100mg/ml progesterone in pure MCT oil, nothing else.
I have tried dissolving testosterone base micronized in pure MCT oil at low concentration, it doesn't dissolve at all.
Tried mixing the two after heating up the MCT oil quite a bit, still nothing.
Stirring with an electric frother for 2 minutes straight, nothing.

Is adding a solvent absolutely necessary? I thought most steroids where lipophilic and therefore dissolved in fats.

@haidut @Hans @Lokzo @tankasnowgod

I don't think progesterone can stay dissolved in MCT at a concentration of 100mg/ml at room temp. In a very heated MCT oil it may dissolve at that concentration but as @conrad0602 mentioned above, as soon as the liquid cools off the steroid will precipitate. So, those products you have seen either have other solvents not mentioned on the label, or have way less than 100mg/ml concentration.
Do you mind sharing some of those companies that sell those products?

OP
Matestube

Matestube

I've found that with a lot of heat prog/t/dht/dhea wil dissolve fully but by the next day they have come out out the solution.. This is at relatively small conentrations (1mg per drop) 10/20% ethanol with some heat seems to work. Pregnenolone never holds. Not sure if the heat damages the hormones though ?
Thank you !

It seems that no amount of heat dissolves it at all, maybe adding ethanol is the only solution.

OP
Matestube

Matestube

those products you have seen either have other solvents not mentioned on the label
I thought as much.

Here are two that claim no solvent was used:

haidut

Forum Supporter
I thought as much.

Here are two that claim no solvent was used:

Yeah, both of these have quite a bit of tocopherol, which they use as the actual solvent since progesterone dissolves well in tocopherols. These products are basically Progest-E, but instead of longer chain fats that Progest-E uses as the second solvent/carrier, these products use MCT.

OP
Matestube

Matestube

Yeah, both of these have quite a bit of tocopherol, which they use as the actual solvent since progesterone dissolves well in tocopherols. These products are basically Progest-E, but instead of longer chain fats that Progest-E uses as the second solvent/carrier, these products use MCT.
I see, I had no idea tocopherols acted as a solvent.
I received some, I will try and dissolve testosterone base in it.
Would heat be necessary?

johnwester130

Would heat be necessary?

@haidut

It used to exist

This was progesterone in MCT oil

This was progesterone in Everclear

still exists here

Last edited:
OP
Matestube

Matestube

@Matestube finally realized DMSO is not the holy grail you claimed it to be? Proud of you for looking for other vehicles now
Not exactly.
Still using DMSO as my prefered vehicle for twice a day applications, it's quite irreplaceable.

I happen to go for massage twice a week, and would like to make the most of the MCT oil I bring with me by enhancing it with hormones.

Peatfan69

Not exactly.
Still using DMSO as my prefered vehicle for twice a day applications, it's quite irreplaceable.

I happen to go for massage twice a week, and would like to make the most of the MCT oil I bring with me by enhancing it with hormones.

Oh ok. I thought it had been due to your bad breath. Then why don’t you just add some DMSO drops that you already dissolved the test base in to your MCT oil and shake it up?

tankasnowgod

I don't think progesterone can stay dissolved in MCT at a concentration of 100mg/ml at room temp. In a very heated MCT oil it may dissolve at that concentration but as @conrad0602 mentioned above, as soon as the liquid cools off the steroid will precipitate. So, those products you have seen either have other solvents not mentioned on the label, or have way less than 100mg/ml concentration.
Do you mind sharing some of those companies that sell those products?

This matches my experience using MCT (and high Oleic Sunflower Oil) along with Vitamin E. It always takes heat to dissolve, but depends on the amount of vitamin E needed to stay in solution.

If I use quite a bit of Vitamin E, the steroids will stay in solution. If I use less, they often fall out, and it becomes grainy, or crystalline in the bottle. Basically, if the solution is darker brown/carob color, it seems okay. If it's lighter brown, almost translucent or close to yellow, they always fall out of solution.

tankasnowgod

@Matestube finally realized DMSO is not the holy grail you claimed it to be? Proud of you for looking for other vehicles now

I've found DMSO to be the easiest and most efficient way to get steroids in solution, if I'm doing it myself. The only negative is occasional skin irritation, but that usually goes away in about 15 minutes, and only happens maybe once a week or two. I usually apply it on wrists or the back of the knee.

DMSO will even dissolve the crystal like steroids that fall out of solution when I used MCT and Vit E. It seems like it dissolves everything.

OP
Matestube

Matestube

Oh ok. I thought it had been due to your bad breath. Then why don’t you just add some DMSO drops that you already dissolved the test base in to your MCT oil and shake it up?
1) Already told you the DMSO I use is high purity, and therefore I only smell slightly of corn, nothing unpleasant I'm told.

2) If I mix the DMSO and the oil, that means the oil is shuttled under my skin and potentially in my bloodstream.

OP
Matestube

Matestube

I've found DMSO to be the easiest and most efficient way to get steroids in solution, if I'm doing it myself. The only negative is occasional skin irritation, but that usually goes away in about 15 minutes, and only happens maybe once a week or two. I usually apply it on wrists or the back of the knee.

DMSO will even dissolve the crystal like steroids that fall out of solution when I used MCT and Vit E. It seems like it dissolves everything.
Yep, exactly.
Longer esters are harder to dissolve, but that's about it.

Peatfan69

1) Already told you the DMSO I use is high purity, and therefore I only smell slightly of corn, nothing unpleasant I'm told.

2) If I mix the DMSO and the oil, that means the oil is shuttled under my skin and potentially in my bloodstream.

Why are you worried about MCT oil in your bloodstream? It’s perfectly fine to ingest it orally.

OP
Matestube

Matestube

Why are you worried about MCT oil in your bloodstream? It’s perfectly fine to ingest it orally.
The idea here is to make a transdermal solution.
Hormones behave differently when applied topically vs ingested.

metamorph

Would heat be necessary?
Hey! I want to dissolve test base in TocoVit. Would I have to use something else as a solvent or will vitamin e (tocovit) be good on its own? Also, how do you typically heat it up as not to waste any of the solution? And, what would be better, a regular test base or micronized test base? Lots of questions. Thanks.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals