Transdermal Testosterone Solvent

Johhnyb

@Aby_2021 Have you tried 50% Vitamin E and 50% DMSO instead of ethanol? I know some people who swear by it.
Sorry I’m not the one you’re after but while I don’t get as high as 50% vitamin E, I do a DMSO & Vitamin E mix and works wonders for me

JCub369

Sorry I’m not the one you’re after but while I don’t get as high as 50% vitamin E, I do a DMSO & Vitamin E mix and works wonders for me
Can you give your ratios/recipe please. Apologies if you have done so already. What vitamin e do you use? I would like to try it with whole e or tocovit.

Aby_2021

So what's your application method exactly? What kind of bottle do you use? Just a regular dropper bottle? How do you rub it in and make sure it absorbs? How long do you think the absorption process takes? I'm paranoid about getting any on my hands or other areas that might come in contact with other people.
I mostly apply on scrotum (sometimes on shoulders), rub it for few seconds, and then wait 5 to 10 mins for it to absorb before I put my clothes back on.
I just wash my hands properly to avoid contact with other people
Yes, I purchased dropper bottles from amazon, so I know exactly how much I am applying. I use 1ml of 10% solution everyday, divided into 3 or 4 doses.

Nebula

I mostly apply on scrotum (sometimes on shoulders), rub it for few seconds, and then wait 5 to 10 mins for it to absorb before I put my clothes back on.
I just wash my hands properly to avoid contact with other people
Yes, I purchased dropper bottles from amazon, so I know exactly how much I am applying. I use 1ml of 10% solution everyday, divided into 3 or 4 doses.
That’s unfortunately a major drawback of topical T base for me. The multiple dosings required and need to remove clothing several times per day for more than a few minutes. I wonder how much effect you’d get just rubbing it into your forearms. That would be a lot more convenient for me and I’ve had good effects from putting other hormones on them and rubbing my forearms together in the past.

Johhnyb

Can you give your ratios/recipe please. Apologies if you have done so already. What vitamin e do you use? I would like to try it with whole e or tocovit.
Most people do it by percentages, which confuses me - I work out my recipe this way;

Both T&DHT are soluble in DMSO to about 29mg/mL.

I use a 6:1 ratio so 7grams total

7000 / 29 = 242mL (rounded), and I’ll top up 8mL with Vitamin E (no particular brand preferences, just the nicest one I can find at the time)

I use a dropper bottle so I work out how many drops per bottle and then calculate what dosage I get per drop.

JCub369

Does anyone have a source on what the solubility in mg/ml ( dmso ) for the following hormones are : Test Base , DHT , DHEA , Pregnenolone , Progesterone

Johhnyb

Does anyone have a source on what the solubility in mg/ml ( dmso ) for the following hormones are : Test Base , DHT , DHEA , Pregnenolone , Progesterone
Most chemical suppliers list the solubility in DMSO which is where I got mine from.

Tbase - 29mg/mL
DHT - 29mg/mL
Preg - 12.5mg/mL
DHEA - 15mg/mL

Sorry I don’t have progesterone to hand.
It seems like dmso can dissolve a lot more t than that.
I’ve found that it depends on the ambient temperature. Those solubility figures I quoted above are for an ambient temp of 25degrees c.

When prepping I use warm water which helps it dissolve, as it’s usually a bit colder than that here.

I have noticed that when it’s colder it can drop out of suspension, but warming up and a quick swirl is enough.

If you live in a tropical country I would imagine that the solubility is higher.

Also I’m only going by a chemical fact sheet and experience. I would imagine everyone’s experiences may differ slightly.

newander

30g (30 000mg) of T Base is the maximum that will dissolve in 100ml of DMSO giving you around 300mg per ml of solution,
1ml contains 20 drops which means a drop will be around 15mg

At that solution a mere 7 drops will give you about 100mg per application. Not enough DMSO to cause any smell issues. If you use 99.9% pure DMSO

Page 9 look for Testosterone

I'm confused. In the paper linked it says 30g per 100ml which is 300mg/ml.

Johhnyb

I'm confused. In the paper linked it says 30g per 100ml which is 300mg/ml.
Yeah just read through that link, that is wildly different than what I’d previously found. Let me see if I can find where I got mine from.

Edit:
Found this source-

Which shows solubility in DMSO at 100mM which works out to be 28.8mg/mL

- this source also says 100mM;

these are just two I found quickly, I do remember there being a bit of variance from different sources but I think I found 29mg/mL the most reliable which ties in with what I found. I will admit that is completely at odds with what you found? Although that company only seems to sell DMSO so you would assume they absolutely know what they’re talking about??

Edit (again) to add;
I do think you could probably dissolve a bit more T in DMSO than 29mg/mL but not 300mg/mL from my experience. With the numbers being similar I’m wondering if someone has got their maths wrong - I’m hoping it’s not me! I would also point out that the solubility of other hormones is vaguely in the same ballpark as T which makes me think I am right?

Last edited:

JCub369

Yeah just read through that link, that is wildly different than what I’d previously found. Let me see if I can find where I got mine from.

Edit:
Found this source-

Which shows solubility in DMSO at 100mM which works out to be 28.8mg/mL

- this source also says 100mM;

these are just two I found quickly, I do remember there being a bit of variance from different sources but I think I found 29mg/mL the most reliable which ties in with what I found. I will admit that is completely at odds with what you found? Although that company only seems to sell DMSO so you would assume they absolutely know what they’re talking about??

Edit (again) to add;
I do think you could probably dissolve a bit more T in DMSO than 29mg/mL but not 300mg/mL from my experience. With the numbers being similar I’m wondering if someone has got their maths wrong - I’m hoping it’s not me! I would also point out that the solubility of other hormones is vaguely in the same ballpark as T which makes me think I am right?
I know 200mg/ml test base is easily attainable in DMSO

Johhnyb

1) Because I wanted to see if the values (29mg/ml) often provided are accurate and
2) to get an estimate for other hormones.
Fair enough.

I’m not sure if I’ve helped in that respect then? I can only go by what I do and where I got my information from. Like I said previously other peoples experiences are going to be different, there’s so many variables that can play a part.

JCub369

Fair enough.

I’m not sure if I’ve helped in that respect then? I can only go by what I do and where I got my information from. Like I said previously other peoples experiences are going to be different, there’s so many variables that can play a part.
DHT I have also attained 100mg/ml. I should be able to test preg , dhea and prog soon and will update :) Do you have any ideas on how solubility differs between vitamin e and dmso? Do you think there would be quite a large difference? I have tried 5mg test base with 1mg dht per drop in tocovit but it didn't dissolve well - I then added about 20% DMSO to the solution andit dissolved fine.

Johhnyb

DHT I have also attained 100mg/ml. I should be able to test preg , dhea and prog soon and will update :) Do you have any ideas on how solubility differs between vitamin e and dmso? Do you think there would be quite a large difference? I have tried 5mg test base with 1mg dht per drop in tocovit but it didn't dissolve well - I then added about 20% DMSO to the solution andit dissolved fine.
Yeah man, to me that is what is forum is about, experimenting - if you can keep this thread updated with your findings I think that’d be helpful to everyone!

Not that DMSO is expensive but if I can use less that means I use less drops which is more convenient!

I don’t have solubility figured for E, it’s obviously solvable at some level - protest-e is a perfect example but I would imagine it would require a larger amount of E compared to DMSO.

In my opinion, some DMSO is good to be included for the ability to penetrate the skin. But I like including E as a preservative and to be less irritating. I do occasionally use lanolin on top too but only rarely.

Santosh

T and DHEA : around 200mg/ml
DHT : around 50mg/ml
Preg and Prog : around 20mg/ml

JCub369

T and DHEA : around 200mg/ml
DHT : around 50mg/ml
Preg and Prog : around 20mg/ml
Thanks Mr Santosh - Given those ratios I can make a solution of DMSO that contain :
  • Testosterone: 1.47 mg per drop
  • DHT: 0.29 mg per drop
  • DHEA: 0.29 mg per drop
  • Pregnenolone: 0.29 mg per drop
  • Progesterone: 0.15 mg per drop
I would apply about 15 drops at a time - 3x a day for a total of

• Testosterone: approximately 22.06 mg per app
  • DHT (Dihydrotestosterone): approximately 4.41 mg per app
  • DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone): approximately 4.41 mg per app
  • Pregnenolone: approximately 4.41 mg per app
  • Progesterone: approximately 2.21 mg per app

per application

and :
  • Testosterone: approximately 66.18 mg per day
  • DHT (Dihydrotestosterone): approximately 13.24 mg per day
  • DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone): approximately 13.24 mg per day
  • Pregnenolone: approximately 13.24 mg per day
  • Progesterone: approximately 6.62 mg per day
per day

To achieve this you would need :
  • Testosterone: approximately 2941.18 mg
  • DHT (Dihydrotestosterone): approximately 588.24 mg
  • DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone): approximately 588.24 mg
  • Pregnenolone: approximately 588.24 mg
  • Progesterone: approximately 294.12 mg
in 100ml of DMSO

Do you think adding alcohol would help with the solubility or decrease solubility as I usually do 80%dmso 20%alcohol

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals