Omega 7 fatty acids and CLA

Dr. B

Apparently omega 7s are a kind of trans fat? they're found in high amounts in dairy fat, so a grass fed whole milk would be ideal.

Ive also heard dairy fat has CLA, and the CLA content actually increases the more the cows are grass fed.

Has Peat talked about omega 7 fats or CLA at all? I vaguely feel like he said CLA was a good fat?

I've supplemented CLA before, the one sourced from safflower oil, and it causes really oily skin and acne outbreaks. So i'm not sure what's in the supplements, maybe the sourcing, maybe its the amount of CLA that's too high.

the life extension omega 7 product lists the fatty acid type as "Palmitoleic acid" the name sounds like a combination of SFA and oleic acid

from wikipedia
Omega-7 fatty acids, especially palmitoleic acid, have been shown in vitro to decrease glucose-sensitive apoptosis in beta cells in the pancreas, a condition associated with diabetes.[5][6] In adult organisms, new beta cells are most commonly the result of replication rather than from direct stem cell differentiation, meaning that preventing apoptosis of beta cells is crucial for maintaining a stable population of beta cells. The cytoprotective effect of omega-7 fatty acids makes them a candidate for diabetes treatment.[5] Omega-7 fatty acids have also been found to improve insulin sensitivity, and a diet rich in omega-7 fatty acids is correlated with a greatly decreased incidence of diabetes.

Dairy products are one of the primary sources of dietary omega-7 fatty acids. However, the production of omega-7 fatty acids in cows is heavily diet-dependent.[9] Specifically, a reduction in the proportion of herbage consumed by a cow is correlated with a significant decrease in the omega-7 fatty acid content of the cow’s milk. Rumenic and vaccenic acid concentrations declined significantly within one week of removing herbage from the cow’s diet, suggesting that modern dairy farming methods may lead to decreases in beneficial fatty acid content of dairy products

dabdabdab

it's more saturated than pufas. if you eat completely saturated fats you will get better benefits

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals