Stearic acid (SA) is an estrogen receptor antagonist

Motorneuron

Have you ever tried to ingest lanolinfl for cholesterol ? 🤔

PeskyPeater

Are you making or buying ? I have a recipe for white chocolate- it is the cocoa butter, milk powder, and sugar. But then Ray talks about the process for making milk powder being adulterated recently, abd he is no longer consuming milk powder pancakes. 😕
I see your point. It could be that the tryptophan is oxidised when it is dehydrated too slowly. Im buying dutch cholocate only. Netherlands is currently the main supplier of infant milk powder to China and Hong Kong because of the very high quality

antiqua

Oh my gosh. I just stumbled across this old thread and remembered that in September of last year I was experimenting with cacao butter in high amounts for the stearic acid, and it worsened my hot flashes. At the time I had low estrogen cause I was recovering from hypothalamic amenorrhea. I made the connection that the cacao butter was causing it and they went away when I stopped using it. So there’s my n=1

PeskyPeater

@J.R.K hahaha glad you liked it.

It is a pretty conservative way of eating chocolate though.
So I have investigated some more how to optimize the use of dark chocolate.

HDL can be send towards the adrenals to support making adrenal hormones with Ginger root. [1] It improves cholesterol metabolism via ABCA1 [2]
The dried root has about 50% starch so it should be processed / cooked to prevent persorption of the starch granules through the gutlining.

The fiber of the cocoa pod is not fermentable, but the actual processed cocoa has some soluble fermentable fiber that goes on to the colon, but with a daily grated carrot salad that is no big deal.

Then the catechins can be made useful after eating an iron rich meal to bind / chelate the iron. Oysters, beef, etc.

Enjoy

This is interesting info in ginger:
[1]Ginger extract increases muscle mitochondrial biogenesis and serum HDL-cholesterol level in high-fat diet-fed rats
[2]High density lipoprotein as a source of cholesterol for adrenal steroidogenesis: a study in individuals with low plasma HDL-C - PubMed

Last edited:

J.R.K

@J.R.K hahaha glad you liked it.

It is a pretty conservative way of eating chocolate though.
So I have investigated some more how to optimize the use of dark chocolate.

HDL can be send towards the adrenals to support making adrenal hormones with Ginger root. [1] It improves cholesterol metabolism via ABCA1 [2]
The dried root has about 50% starch so it should be processed / cooked to prevent persorption of the starch granules through the gutlining.

The fiber of the cocoa pod is not fermentable, but the actual processed cocoa has some soluble fermentable fiber that goes on to the colon, but with a daily grated carrot salad that is no big deal.

Then the catechins can be made useful after eating an iron rich meal to bind / chelate the iron. Oysters, beef, etc.

Enjoy

This is interesting info in ginger:
[1]Ginger extract increases muscle mitochondrial biogenesis and serum HDL-cholesterol level in high-fat diet-fed rats
[2]High density lipoprotein as a source of cholesterol for adrenal steroidogenesis: a study in individuals with low plasma HDL-C - PubMed
Thanks for posting this @PeskyPeater. @Hans has talked about cocoa raising prolactin levels. I wonder if you had any thoughts on this? One would think that the stearic acid opposing estrogen would stop the rise of other stress hormones, but this is not always the case apparently. Perhaps the soluble fibre you mentioned above allowing presorption raises serotonin which subsequently raises prolactin.
A great find on the studies, I like the ground ginger in coffee with honey it gives a little boost throughout the day, now I know why, I had thought it was a rise in testosterone, but it appears that mitochondria appreciate it too!!

cs3000

useful thanks, I guess the unsaturated fats bind ER with similar potency as estrogen right (when adjusted for typical dose) given the effects on tumor growth

also inhibits androgen receptor binding / decrease binding sites Inhibitory effect of fatty acids on the binding of androgen receptor and R1881 - PubMed
1705829684321.png

in this oleic acid did inhibit androgen binding (but usually balanced with SFA in sources like butter tallow etc, not in olive oil)

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals