Gorillaquills

Hello bro, could you share with us the transdermal dosages you are using? I mean for the progesterone, pregnenolone, DHEA and MK4. Thanks.
Yes, to answer question. I have been dosing gonadal application with pregnenolone/DHEA combo 9mg daily split up between morning and evening. When it comes to progesterone, it's very individual. I do quite well with high doses on my rat. I take about 30 mg daily. It doesn't seem to bother the genitals of my rat. Other rats it may cause side effects. I dose vitamin k about 10 mg on my rats gonads. Shortly I'll be adding androsterone around to see if it helps boost up the libido even more on the rat. I do think keeping the rats well fed is important. Making sure they get liver, plenty of eggs, good milk and definitely cut back on the alcohol makes a huge difference. I also feed the rats lots of orange juice. Dr Ray Pete was on to something no doubt. When I started doing a lot reading and eating like ray peat I did gain weight but then it started to slowly taper off on my rat.

blackface

Yes, to answer question. I have been dosing gonadal application with pregnenolone/DHEA combo 9mg daily split up between morning and evening. When it comes to progesterone, it's very individual. I do quite well with high doses on my rat. I take about 30 mg daily. It doesn't seem to bother the genitals of my rat. Other rats it may cause side effects. I dose vitamin k about 10 mg on my rats gonads. Shortly I'll be adding androsterone around to see if it helps boost up the libido even more on the rat. I do think keeping the rats well fed is important. Making sure they get liver, plenty of eggs, good milk and definitely cut back on the alcohol makes a huge difference. I also feed the rats lots of orange juice. Dr Ray Pete was on to something no doubt. When I started doing a lot reading and eating like ray peat I did gain weight but then it started to slowly taper off on my rat.
Cool, thank you man.

daphne

Forum Supporter
If T predominates then you will form too much estrogen as the organism readily forms estrogen form testosterone as part of the negative feedback mechanism I mentioned above. So, libido will tank and even gyno may form. If DHT predominates, then estrogen will get too low and libido will also tank but at least you will probably look like a Gerard Butler from "300".
Regarding the quote above, my husband's DHT level is ~ 430, his T levels (when tested in the "trough" are ~ 500, and at the high, ~ 800.
He applies transdermal T to his gonads (been doing so for a long time, is now age 59) w/dmso and is in process of adding K2-(M4) - Thorne - and dhea and pregnelone. He is trying to use aromatase inhibiting herbs such as ashwaganda to bring down this high level of DHT (way above the range). Is there a thread here I can reference that addresses this problem When I read him the following [Serum androgen levels are indicative primarily of gonadal function. Elevated serum androgens benefit all tissues and raising them is often desirable for optimal health. Using steroids (pregnenolone, DHEA) and vitamin K2 (MK-4) dissolved in DMSO, and applying directly to the scrotum is likely to increase serum androgen (T, DHT, Androstenedione) levels significantly more than using the same chemicals orally or topically (not applied to the scrotum). This is due to optimal delivery of these chemicals directly to the Leydig cells in the gonad, which are responsible for androgen synthesis. Optimal doses for DHEA appear to be in the range 2mg - 3mg daily, pregnenolone can probably be used in doses of up to 10mg daily, and vitamin K2 (MK-4) dose would be either about 1mg or 3mg-5mg, depending on caffeine usage. A single application daily is probably enough and the effects from that single dose can last for up to 5 days.] from the 1st page of this thread, he said, but I don't want my DHT to go up! So how does one fix the ratio of these two if it is so far off? Thank you Haidut and others... Sorry, I don't know what gyno is, or who Gerald Butler is either - I'm not very media savvy. (No need to tell me, I can look up if I want to find out) Dan's body type is ectomorph. When we met (2003) he was fighting obesity, now weighs 150 at not quite 6 feet. Hobby mountain unicycling. Unicycling (since 10 yrs old) is hard on the gonads...

He is trying to use aromatase inhibiting herbs such as ashwaganda to bring down this high level of DHT (way above the range)
I believe you are confused. Aromatase inhibiting substances INCREASE testosterone and DHT, as by reducing estrogen, you are reducing the conversion of testosterone to estrogen, and increasing the conversion of testosterone to DHT.

Do you mean estrogen is above range?

And if you want less DHT, you need to reduce the dose of testosterone - the reason your husbands DHT would be too high, is becase he is supplementing with the precursor testosterone.

If prolactin or estrone is too low, and there is a lack of sexual function, I think it is warranted to reduce DHT,

But as Haidut said, apart from the loss of sexual function, DHT, is very beneficial - especially, if your husband has a testosterone at maximum at 800!! 800 is high, but not very high, which means, that your husband is very efficiently converting the testosterone to DHT, not estrogen, which is a great sign of health - things that improve health, like a lack of stress, thyroid, etc, increase the enzyme (5-AR) that increases the conversion of testosterone to DHT, and reduce the conversion of testosterone to estrogen.
If you would like to investigate the benefits of DHT, there are plenty of posts and studies about it.

daphne

Forum Supporter
Thank you so much for this response. He needs to be retested now. Hopefully he'll do that and come back here to look into the results he gets.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals