OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut I've taken anywhere between 5 to 10mg of StressNon topically on my scrotum a few times but never noticed anything. I see several people mentioning that they notice results within an hour or 2. Do I need to apply for several days to get results?

I think Pansterone is more effective when used on the scrotum for raising androgens. I would try that instead.

milk_lover

Yesterday I took 7mg of pregnenolone orally at night and I slept like a baby for 9 straight hours without headache or anything after waking up even though I am fasting now and I can't eat or drink anything! I think less than 10mg pregnenolone for men is the magic dose, as @haidut suggested!

Wagner83

Yesterday I took 7mg of pregnenolone orally at night and I slept like a baby for 9 straight hours without headache or anything after waking up even though I am fasting now and I can't eat or drink anything! I think less than 10mg pregnenolone for men is the magic dose, as @haidut suggested!
Which pregnenolone supplement do you take? Orally, topically? I'd expect 7 mg in dmso topically to have different effects compared to pregnenolone in powder form.

milk_lover

Which pregnenolone supplement do you take? Orally, topically? I'd expect 7 mg in dmso topically to have different effects compared to pregnenolone in powder form.
orally powder form. It's from a company called NRM or something, but they changed their ingredients now. It used to be rice flour.

nasibi

Only high dose topical Pregnanlone has an effect an me and that is brain fog. No other effects. And no effect whatsoever from oral or low dose topical.

Warrior_

Used 3 drops of Stressnon (pregnenolone) in the evening / late afternoon yesterday with food after a hard weight lifting workout.

I still have the old version (dissolved in DMSO), so 3 drops topical would compare to a 25mg oral dose (with stressnon 24 drops are 20 mg = 200 mg oral dose).

Felt very calm, relaxed, but also kind of tired. libido went up though. Mind definitely calms down, but was sharp on tasks.

I can´t say if it had any effect on muscles (recovery), as there is no different feeling this morning, than on other days after workout day.

Frankdee20

Only high dose topical Pregnanlone has an effect an me and that is brain fog. No other effects. And no effect whatsoever from oral or low dose topical.

I still like Pregnenalone, but I’m now observing what effects oral low doses elicit in me consistently. I find it’s better to use it at night, it will make me sleepy, and if I stay up, Brain fogged.

Mukem

I was referring to an actual study and also to reports of people who found pregnenolone beyond 200mg daily killed their sex drive. Doses below 100mg had largely stimulating effect on libido and muscle tone, indicative of an androgen boost. The larger doses, as we know from the schizophrenia studies, converted mainly into progesterone and allopregnanolone.

Hey, can you share that study? I couldn't find it on the forum.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hey, can you share that study? I couldn't find it on the forum.

Search for "schizophrenia allopregnanolone" and for "pregnenolone loneliness".

Mukem

I found two threads but can't find the study where pregnenolone killed the sex drive of patients...

Frankdee20

I found two threads but can't find the study where pregnenolone killed the sex drive of patients...

Yeah, I could see that happening, but likely dose dependent, via Progesterone.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Oh, my post was misleading I guess. Sorry about that. The human studies talked about conversion of pregnenolone into progesterone and allopregnanolone, which are known to lower sex drive (at least males). The part about lowered libido was direct reports from people taking higher doses pregnenolone. My own experience matches that - doses under 30mg seem to stimulate libido while higher doses seem to lower it even though higher doses seem to have a stronger anti-depressant effect.
Also, I posted a few studies showing concentrations up to 2uM/L pregnenolone stimulated androgen synthesis while higher concentrations inhibited it and went mostly down the progesterone pathway. The latter portion matches most clinical experience - i.e. high doe pregnenolone is progestagenic and can even maintain pregnancy in very high doses (but only for a short time).

cyclops

10mg (or under) of pregnenolone powder is such a physically tiny amount. I feel so funny measuring it and taking it lol.

Mossy

10mg (or under) of pregnenolone powder is such a physically tiny amount. I feel so funny measuring it and taking it lol.
I like the idea of being able to get away with less. Maybe there is no truth to my perspective, but my thought is the less you have to interrupt/add to the body's hormonal system, the better. Haidut even suggests that 1mg preg before bed is enough to help with sleep.

cyclops

I like the idea of being able to get away with less. Maybe there is no truth to my perspective, but my thought is the less you have to interrupt/add to the body's hormonal system, the better. Haidut even suggests that 1mg preg before bed is enough to help with sleep.

This is true. It's just amazing to me that such a small amount of powder does something. When I take powders it is usually glycine, taurine, bcaas, etc and I'm taking grams of the stuff. I just feel like a little ant taking such a smalll amount of something. Measuring it is comical as well.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Mossy

This is true. It's just amazing to me that such a small amount of powder does something. When I take powders it is usually glycine, taurine, bcaas, etc and I'm taking grams of the stuff. I just feel like a little ant taking such a smalll amount of something. Measuring it is comical as well.
Haha, I know what you mean. I have a scale that can measure to the 100ths (.01g), but now I could use one that will measure to the 1000ths (.001g), for small powder doses.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals