TSH seems high but remember that serum/plasma values do not necessarily reflect tissue levels. Do you have symptoms of low testosterone? even something that mildly inhibits aromatase might give you some answers. @Gorillaquills

Gorillaquills

TSH seems high but remember that serum/plasma values do not necessarily reflect tissue levels. Do you have symptoms of low testosterone? even something that mildly inhibits aromatase might give you some answers. @Gorillaquills

TSH !!!! how are your temps and resting pulse rate?

So here's the funny thing. I know that I'm 46 years old and age starts to become a problem. But there's no reason why my thyroid shouldn't be optimal and my testosterone shouldn't be in the 700 to 900ng/dl.

But yes, to answer your question, I have all the signs of low testosterone. I can't lose any fat, I carry fat in places where a man shouldn't be carrying it even when I'm working out consistently three to five times a week, walking and running up to 10 miles a week. Maintaining plenty of protein fruits and vegetables and keep in the alcohol in moderation.
I eat plenty of eggs and lots of collagen. I have extremely difficult time gaining strength and building muscle. My libido, what libido! I might get a libido Spike twice a month, maybe.

To catch you up to speed, 8 weeks ago I found a new primary doctor that was going to help me out because my TSH is not good and my low testosterone is not good.

He started me out on 30 mg of armor thyroid, 30 mg twice a week of testosterone cypionate and 12 mg of examestane stain twice a week as an aromatase inhibitor.

According to one of haduits threads, this is the one that is the mildest and probably the safest so I suggested this to my doctor and he agreed to let me do it and thought that might be something to try.

Here is a glimpse of my problematic markers 8 weeks earlier. I have a follow-up visit October 4th. I just did my blood work this week.

Summer high and some are really high. One of the other big problems in my opinion is the iron!

Tryglicerides 168 mg/dl
Cholesterol 246 mg/dl
NON-HDL CHOL 183 mg/dl
LDL 149 mg/dl
ALT 71 U/L
AST 43 U/L
Albumin 5.1 g/dl
Glucose 105 mg/dl
Ferritin 459 ng/dl very high

All of these seem like problems with thyroid hormones and having low testosterone.
I have a few more lipid panel results and liver enzyme results from another lab test. These are not the ones that I just took this week.

There has been some changes but some have went completely opposite. Here are lab markers 7 weeks later. So my cholesterols come down some which I think is good but my triglycerides have gone up even higher. My liver enzyme AST has come down but my ALT has skyrocketed. And all of this my testosterone level has not changed. So weird!

Picsart_23-09-28_11-37-09-423.png

Gorillaquills

TSH !!!! how are your temps and resting pulse rate?
So here are some values I have taken in the last 10 days. All during the morning right when I wake up.
Also so you know I've been taking 30 mg of armor thyroid twice a week, 30 mg of testosterone cypionate twice a week and 12 mg exemestane AI inhibitor twice a week.
Picsart_23-09-28_11-43-39-038.png

Gorillaquills

I personally think that my t3 is a big problem. I don't think I'm converting very well. My t3 was 2.8 at one time. In my opinion and from the research I read that is not good at all. It should be more like 4.1 in the upper 3/4 of the range which mine is not

Gorillaquills

During this 8 weeks, I have noticed one thing and one thing only. I have noticed during my weightlifting sessions I have felt a little bit stronger. I definitely feel like I can lift heavier weight
Other than that I have the standard body shape that haduit talks about in his threads, a pear-shaped body with very skinny arms at the wrist skinny legs, lots of chest fat lots of back fat and definitely a bulging belly

Regina

Any ideas?
I haven't heard of taking thyroid and/testosterone twice a week.
Wouldn't it be better to nibble daily with physiological amounts only?
I don't think it will time-release. Excess will aromatize. Exemestane is a goofy way to handle overdosing T.

Have you done strategies also to lean out the liver? coffee (au lait), taurine or tudca and aspirin?

youngsinatra

I think your thyroid dose is way too low for your hypothyroidism. Are you taking thyroid twice per week?
You probably need upwards of 1-2 grains (65-130mg) of NDT per day with that TSH, temperature, pulse and blood pressure.

Are you still working with your doctor? I am suprised that he does not titrate the thyroid dose up?

Gorillaquills

I think your thyroid dose is way too low for your hypothyroidism. Are you taking thyroid twice per week?
You probably need upwards of 1-2 grains (65-130mg) of NDT per day with that TSH, temperature, pulse and blood pressure.

Are you still working with your doctor? I am suprised that he does not titrate the thyroid dose up?
Yes I agree with you 100%. My dosage way too low. Also my t3 is way too low. It should be in the 4 range. At least in the upper three quarters of the range. I had my labs done last week. I see my doctor this Wednesday. We're definitely going to speak about thyroid dosing. 30 mg twice a week is nothing and it hasn't changed any of my readings. I will give an update on what my lab values are and what the doctor is going to recommend down the road. Hopefully I can put some two cents in and maybe get higher dosing of thyroid. Just have to wait and see.

Gorillaquills

I haven't heard of taking thyroid and/testosterone twice a week.
Wouldn't it be better to nibble daily with physiological amounts only?
I don't think it will time-release. Excess will aromatize. Exemestane is a goofy way to handle overdosing T.

Have you done strategies also to lean out the liver? coffee (au lait), taurine or tudca and aspirin?
To answer your question, I drink a lot of black coffee a day, take a few hundred milligrams of aspirin a few times a day. I've been supplementing with taurine and collagen for years. I've never taken tudca. But I consistently take 5 to 10 grams of taurine everyday

Gorillaquills

Something still really confusing to me. This table showing steroid pathway.
IMG_20231002_101000770.jpg
If my pregnenolone is really high, don't you think that my DHEA and DHT and testosterone would be in the upper levels? Is there a 17-OH-pregneolone test.

That tells me that an enzyme is functioning optimally, possibly or it truly is an hypothyroid issue.

Regina

To answer your question, I drink a lot of black coffee a day, take a few hundred milligrams of aspirin a few times a day. I've been supplementing with taurine and collagen for years. I've never taken tudca. But I consistently take 5 to 10 grams of taurine everyday
Cheers!
I mentioned the 'au lait' so you have something to restrain a stress response to coffee: release of FFA and adrenaline.
Do you get enough calcium and glucose?

Gorillaquills

Cheers!
I mentioned the 'au lait' so you have something to restrain a stress response to coffee: release of FFA and adrenaline.
Do you get enough calcium and glucose?
Never had a problem with calcium or glucose that I'm aware of. In fact my serum calcium was out of range if you points. It's come back down now since I quit eating eggshells. Never had a problem with glucose. Got plenty in my bloodstream. I also eat plenty of fruits drink lots of orange juice and honey

Spartan300

Something still really confusing to me. This table showing steroid pathway.View attachment 56332 If my pregnenolone is really high, don't you think that my DHEA and DHT and testosterone would be in the upper levels? Is there a 17-OH-pregneolone test.

That tells me that an enzyme is functioning optimally, possibly or it truly is an hypothyroid issue.
To me at least, that cascade diagram doesn't show the relationship with the thyroid hormones and suggests that DHEA/T etc can be synthesised independently of thyroid?

Anyone able to clarify the relationship in simple terms?

Gorillaquills

To me at least, that cascade diagram doesn't show the relationship with the thyroid hormones and suggests that DHEA/T etc can be synthesised independently of thyroid?

Anyone able to clarify the relationship in simple terms?
This is an older Genova diagram. And yes you're right it doesn't show thyroid. This is the newer one and shows thyroid in the mix. This diagram is from Genova
Genova-Steroidogenic-Pathways.jpg

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Yesterday I took 7mg of pregnenolone orally at night and I slept like a baby for 9 straight hours without headache or anything after waking up even though I am fasting now and I can't eat or drink anything! I think less than 10mg pregnenolone for men is the magic dose, as @haidut suggested!
Was that 7 mg of powdered pregnenolone?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals