Vitamin K2 Directly Inhibits New Estrogen Synthesis

BigChad

First, as we show here, treatment with VK2 results in reduced androgen receptor expression. Previous studies have shown that the androgen receptor is essential for cell viability and proliferation of prostate cancer cells [38]. Another possible explanation for the reduction in cell viability noted with VK2 treatment is the inhibition of AKT activation. The AKT activation plays a central role in tumorigenesis, promoting cell growth and survival by suppressing apoptosis [39]. Previous studies suggest that AKT signaling may play a key role in prostate cancer progression, allowing cells to continue to proliferate in an androgen deprived state [40]. Increased AKT phosphorylation has also been associated with higher gleason grade, advanced stage and poor prognosis [41]. Recent studies also show that AR and AKT pathways cross-regulate each other through feedback mechanism and that inhibition of both pathways leads to synergistic reductions of cell proliferation

Vitamin k reduces androgen expression? That goes against much of what ive heard on here

Vinny

Vitamin k reduces androgen expression? That goes against much of what ive heard on here
I,v got it probably the same way as you.
I,ve been reading this forum for many months and still struggle to understand why vit K is so popular?

BigChad

I,ve been reading this forum for many months and still struggle to understand why vit K is so popular?

It helps the body make osteocalcin. Supposedly expands the jawline. It is involved in bone density. Supposed to boost testosterone significantly. Also sup posed to help the liver and it is a quinone. Quinones are generally considered good. I wasn't aware vitamin k could lower androgen receptor expression though. I wonder if thats mk7, mk4 or both

bdawg

might be MK-7. The study doesn't mention the type

❏ MK-4 stimulates testosterone production in rats and testis-derived tumor cells via activation of PKA. MK-4 be involved in steroidogenesis in the testis, and its supplementation could reverse the downregulation of testosterone production in elders

baccheion

One thing i don't get regarding this, ive seen people on here mention it and noticed myself, k2 worsens autoimmune/hypothyroid symptoms. It caused worsened hair loss/thinning. I feel like similar to vitamim A this is something to be careful with if your thyroid is not running reasonably well before starting. Maybe its due to the way it stimulates the immune system. Things like selenium, zinc, b vitamins, E, C, D3 seem to have no effect or improve hair, while A, iodine, and k2 seem to worsen hair loss/autoimmunity. Olive leaf/ashwaganda also worsened it and those are immune boosters i believe.
K2 blocks uptake of either iodine, or thyroid hormones. It can indirectly stimulate the thyroid.

First, as we show here, treatment with VK2 results in reduced androgen receptor expression. Previous studies have shown that the androgen receptor is essential for cell viability and proliferation of prostate cancer cells [38]. Another possible explanation for the reduction in cell viability noted with VK2 treatment is the inhibition of AKT activation. The AKT activation plays a central role in tumorigenesis, promoting cell growth and survival by suppressing apoptosis [39]. Previous studies suggest that AKT signaling may play a key role in prostate cancer progression, allowing cells to continue to proliferate in an androgen deprived state [40]. Increased AKT phosphorylation has also been associated with higher gleason grade, advanced stage and poor prognosis [41]. Recent studies also show that AR and AKT pathways cross-regulate each other through feedback mechanism and that inhibition of both pathways leads to synergistic reductions of cell proliferation
Was this only in prostate cancer cells?
Vitamin K2 MK-4 can also come out in saliva to keep mouth clean and minimize tartar. The amounts of vitamin D3, iodine, K1, K2 MK-4, ans K2 MK-7 in Life Extension D + K are beautiful.

might be MK-7. The study doesn't mention the type

❏ MK-4 stimulates testosterone production in rats and testis-derived tumor cells via activation of PKA. MK-4 be involved in steroidogenesis in the testis, and its supplementation could reverse the downregulation of testosterone production in elders
A high amount is needed orally (10 mg/kg? 75 mg/kg?). Maybe it'd be more likely to work (at a smaller dose) in this fashion if applied topically to the scrotum?

bdawg

K2 blocks uptake of either iodine, or thyroid hormones. It can indirectly stimulate the thyroid.

Was this only in prostate cancer cells?
Vitamin K2 MK-4 can also come out in saliva to keep mouth clean and minimize tartar. The amounts of vitamin D3, iodine, K1, K2 MK-4, ans K2 MK-7 in Life Extension D + K are beautiful.

A high amount is needed orally (10 mg/kg? 75 mg/kg?). Maybe it'd be more likely to work (at a smaller dose) in this fashion if applied topically to the scrotum?

yep study was in PC cells

nbznj

High T low e2 isn’t any more desirable than low T high e2, it’s never been, it will never be. At best, “thanks” to negative feedbacks, one can get in between which will be... mid/low T mid/low e2

What supplementation can yield high T high e2 like optimized TRT guys? None. Lifestyle massive and sustainable changes. It doesn’t come in a pill, has never and will never be any different. Avoiding xenoestrogens is a good start

BigChad

So K2 basically makes you hypothyroid, or encourages a hypothyroid state? where did you see it blocks uptake of iodine/thyroid hormones? That would mean you need extra iodine/minerals with K2, otherwise you go hypothyroid?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

This is an in vitro study and does not take into account the effects of K2 on steroidogenesis. The in vivo studies show it almost doubles T levels so the net effects is probably pro-androgenic as it made the rats more sexually active.

bdawg

This is an in vitro study and does not take into account the effects of K2 on steroidogenesis. The in vivo studies show it almost doubles T levels so the net effects is probably pro-androgenic as it made the rats more sexually active.

in vitro studies shouldn't be dismissed (this one could be mk-7 as the k2 subtype was not defined) but definitely there are a lot of mk-4 studies that show stimulation of steroidogenesis via PKA and probably cAMP - it seems like a clean boost of testes function if ever there was one

ive started scrotal application of thorne k2 (pure mk-4)

vulture

in vitro studies shouldn't be dismissed (this one could be mk-7 as the k2 subtype was not defined) but definitely there are a lot of mk-4 studies that show stimulation of steroidogenesis via PKA and probably cAMP - it seems like a clean boost of testes function if ever there was one

ive started scrotal application of thorne k2 (pure mk-4)
How is ignore going? Your scrotal k2 experiment

MK-4x33

Excellent
@haidut can you overdose on Vitmain K? I was considering taking 95mg daily for an extended period

I can tell you from experience that high dose MK-4 will have you feeling hornier than a bull in the rut. I used 45mg relentless improvement + 45mg if Thorne’s liquid formula (plus a few drops directly on the nads some days when I felt crazy).

Good luck and enjoy the ride

High_Prob

You stated that there are some studies showing that K2 is an Aromatase Inhibitor. However, I cannot find any of these studies. Can you (or anyone) please link them?

Daniil

What is the connection between the thread title and the above research?

The study only says that K2 reduces the intracellular estradiol/estrone ratio (which, in my opinion, is bad). Nothing else interesting.

aniciete

What is the connection between the thread title and the above research?

The study only says that K2 reduces the intracellular estradiol/estrone ratio (which, in my opinion, is bad). Nothing else interesting.
Interesting, maybe this is why i react poorly every time i take k2. No libido, sore joints, no drive, etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals