Starting Caffeine - Lots of Health Problems - Asthma, Erectile Dysfunction, Hypertonic Pelvic Floor, Hair Loss, Anxiety/Depression

mostlylurking

Okay, thank you, I read this one. So it seems that I need get a lot more good quality proteins. So I am starting with cheese and I also make pea protein powder shakes. If I make two of those per day, I can get to 100g/day just from the shakes.

I can go back to eating meat again if that is what it takes. What would you recommend?

I already eat a lot of fruit and will continue to do so. Any thoughts on what fruits are best?

Any other specific foods you would recommend I eat or do not eat that I can try?
I don't know much about the pea protein other than Ray Peat says that protein from legumes is not a very usable protein. He has spoken about sprouting seeds to make the protein a more usable form. Something about the protein being tied up as/with nitrogen? Pea protein is probably high in phosphate, because beans are high in phosphate. Phosphate causes problems if it's too high in relation with calcium. Milk has the "ideal" ratio of calcium to phosphate (1 to 1?).

Dairy is a great source of protein because it is high in calcium instead of phosphate. Muscle meat and legumes are high in phosphate, low in calcium, which causes problems. Meat has a lot of tryptophan which can convert to serotonin (not good). Peat says that tryptophan is considered carcinogenic because it encourages cell division/proliferation. Gelatin is a good source of protein because it is low in tryptophan. Use this search engine to learn more: PeatSearch: a Ray Peat-specific search engine - Toxinless

Soft ripe juicy fruits are best. If it isn't sweet it isn't good. Avoid bananas; they are high serotonin and too starchy. Sweet organic Orange juice is ideal. Don't eat avocados (toxic oils) . Don't eat starchy fruit. Ray Peat, PhD – Concerns with Starches – Functional Performance Systems (FPS) Don't eat soy (estrogenic).

A Peaty diet doesn't have much thiamine in it, and it is pretty high in healthy sugars, which require thiamine to be used. I supplement thiamine, to make sure I get enough.

This is a great search engine for topics covered in radio interviews: Ray Peat Search Ray talks a lot about diet in these interviews.

I hope you find this helpful. Searching for answers to your questions via the two search engines provided above will be helpful in your journey.

Vins7

Your diet is killing you. You need to back WAY up and analyze what exactly you are doing to yourself. Your diet alone is damaging your thyroid function, and your liver function. It is highly estrogenic. There's almost no usable protein that your liver needs to detox your body of estrogen etc. Start with this article: Vegetables, etc.Who Defines Food?
What is a typical highly estrogenic diet?

mostlylurking

What is a typical highly estrogenic diet?
Soybeans/tofu/soy protein directly increase estrogen. So does beer. Legumes are very estrogenic. A diet that does not have enough protein will increase estrogen because it will reduce the liver's ability to detoxify/clear estrogen.

Ray Peat quotes from this article: Natural Estrogens
"People under stress, or who have a thyroid deficiency, or who don't eat enough protein, typically have elevated estrogen levels. The accumulation of the “essential fatty acids,” the polyunsaturated oils, in the tissues promotes the action of estrogen in a variety of ways, and this effect of diet tends to be cumulative, and to be self-accelerating."
also this:
"The estrogenic properties of legumes were studied when sheep farmers found that their sheep miscarried when they ate clover. (I think it's interesting how this terribly toxic effect has been neglected in recent decades.) All legumes have this property, and all parts of the plant seem to contain some of the active chemicals. In beans, several substances have been found to contribute to the effect. The estrogenic effects of the seed oils and the isoflavones have been studied the most, but the well-known antithyroid actions (again, involving the oils, the isoflavones, and other molecules found in legumes) have an indirect estrogen-promoting action, since hypothyroidism leads to hyperestrogenism. (Estrogens are known to be thyroid suppressors, so the problem tends to be self-accelerating.)"

So I think that a vegetarian diet (no animal protein) that relies on legumes for protein and also includes goitrogenic vegetables (cruciferous, ie. cabbage, kale, broccoli) that suppress thyroid function is a very estrogenic diet.

mostlylurking

I have cut out just about every grain and bread I can think of, but I will also cut out oats, potatoes, and corn.

I may have to consider keeping white rice and beans though, what else am I suppose to eat if I am cutting out all of these staples?

Are beans/lentils okay for Ray Peat's diet?
No nuts, no seeds, no grains, NO PUFA. Beans are seeds, so no beans. A little white rice occasionally won't kill you. White potatoes are actually fine to eat so long as you overcook them a LOT and don't eat the skins. And add lots of butter to them to slow down the absorption in your gut so you don't get slammed with a big dose of glucose from the starch.

I've heard Ray say that well cooked lentils are OK occasionally. Maybe in some soup, with gelatin and well cooked mushrooms. If you are going to eat vegetables, be sure to cook them to death. You don't want to eat under cooked vegetables because all that undigestible fiber feeds the bacteria instead of you.

mostlylurking

The TSH Sensitive was taken within the past couple weeks. The other TSH was about a year ago. I'm not sure what the difference is. I am guessing they are pretty similar?

What are some other ways I can lower estrogen. Any specific foods/drinks?

So are you saying I need more sugar in my diet or less? I have been on a lower sugar for a while now except for honey and fruit. Should I incorporate more sugar like Orange Juice?

I have always had good muscles, with a little bit of belly fat currently. If I lost 10 pounds I would be at an ideal weight of 170. I am 5'11''.

I'll have to see if my doc can prescribe the NDT if my blood indicates hypothyrodism.

I am so unclear about the caffeine piece.

I will continue reading about hypothyrodism diets.

I'll watch the video.

I have been educating myself on lots of various health modalities and diets over the years and I have found that all of the information ends up conflicting each other. In many cases, even large meta-analysis studies do not tell the whole story.

It drives me nuts that we can't figure out how to tailor the correct diets for people's body types.
Plain white sugar isn't what you need. Orange juice is what you need. It has a lot of potassium in it along with anti-estrogenic things like naringin and naringinen. Here's a Ray Peat quote from here: Glucose and sucrose for diabetes.

"A daily diet that includes two quarts of milk and a quart of orange juice provides enough fructose and other sugars for general resistance to stress, but larger amounts of fruit juice, honey, or other sugars can protect against increased stress, and can reverse some of the established degenerative conditions.

Refined granulated sugar is extremely pure, but it lacks all of the essential nutrients, so it should be considered as a temporary therapeutic material, or as an occasional substitute when good fruit isn't available, or when available honey is allergenic."

Read up on the thyroid before you blindly hand off your health care to some white coat professional who doesn't know what he doesn't know. Start here: Programmable Search Engine This one is very good: Thyroid: Therapies, Confusion, and Fraud

About all the conflicting health views:
I got really really sick about 6 years ago, including rheumatoid arthritis. It looked like I needed to go into a long term care facility because I couldn't dress myself, brush my teeth, brush my hair, etc.

My doctor was no help. I thought I was taking care of myself because I ate mainly vegetables, salads, lean chicken, lean beef, and avoided all things sugar. Then I found Ray Peat. I read his articles. I realized he didn't agree with what I understood to be a healthy diet. I also realized that I didn't know what I was doing and had accumulated a lot of pretty dangerous ideas from reading popular health articles. I decided to only believe Ray Peat. If he had another belief that didn't fit with the mainstream "knowledge", I chose to believe Ray. My health recovered. I believe Ray saved my life.

About estrogen:
This is my response to an earlier question about estrogen:
Soybeans/tofu/soy protein directly increase estrogen. So does beer. Legumes are very estrogenic. A diet that does not have enough protein will increase estrogen because it will reduce the liver's ability to detoxify/clear estrogen.

"People under stress, or who have a thyroid deficiency, or who don't eat enough protein, typically have elevated estrogen levels. The accumulation of the “essential fatty acids,” the polyunsaturated oils, in the tissues promotes the action of estrogen in a variety of ways, and this effect of diet tends to be cumulative, and to be self-accelerating."
also this:
"The estrogenic properties of legumes were studied when sheep farmers found that their sheep miscarried when they ate clover. (I think it's interesting how this terribly toxic effect has been neglected in recent decades.) All legumes have this property, and all parts of the plant seem to contain some of the active chemicals. In beans, several substances have been found to contribute to the effect. The estrogenic effects of the seed oils and the isoflavones have been studied the most, but the well-known antithyroid actions (again, involving the oils, the isoflavones, and other molecules found in legumes) have an indirect estrogen-promoting action, since hypothyroidism leads to hyperestrogenism. (Estrogens are known to be thyroid suppressors, so the problem tends to be self-accelerating.)"

So I think that a vegetarian diet (no animal protein) that relies on legumes for protein and also includes goitrogenic vegetables (cruciferous, ie. cabbage, kale, broccoli) that suppress thyroid function is a very estrogenic diet.

Last edited:
OP
G
Plain white sugar isn't what you need. Orange juice is what you need. It has a lot of potassium in it along with anti-estrogenic things like naringin and naringinen. Here's a Ray Peat quote from here: Glucose and sucrose for diabetes.

"A daily diet that includes two quarts of milk and a quart of orange juice provides enough fructose and other sugars for general resistance to stress, but larger amounts of fruit juice, honey, or other sugars can protect against increased stress, and can reverse some of the established degenerative conditions.

Refined granulated sugar is extremely pure, but it lacks all of the essential nutrients, so it should be considered as a temporary therapeutic material, or as an occasional substitute when good fruit isn't available, or when available honey is allergenic."

Read up on the thyroid before you blindly hand off your health care to some white coat professional who doesn't know what he doesn't know. Start here: Programmable Search Engine This one is very good: Thyroid: Therapies, Confusion, and Fraud

About all the conflicting health views:
I got really really sick about 6 years ago, including rheumatoid arthritis. It looked like I needed to go into a long term care facility because I couldn't dress myself, brush my teeth, brush my hair, etc.

My doctor was no help. I thought I was taking care of myself because I ate mainly vegetables, salads, lean chicken, lean beef, and avoided all things sugar. Then I found Ray Peat. I read his articles. I realized he didn't agree with what I understood to be a healthy diet. I also realized that I didn't know what I was doing and had accumulated a lot of pretty dangerous ideas from reading popular health articles. I decided to only believe Ray Peat. If he had another belief that didn't fit with the mainstream "knowledge", I chose to believe Ray. My health recovered. I believe Ray saved my life.

About estrogen:
This is my response to an earlier question about estrogen:

also this:

This is so helpful, thank you so much for your detailed response!

Part that sucks for me I just bought two huge tubs of pea protein!

I too was on a mostly vegan diet and my digestion never normalized. I wouldn’t say I had better sleep or more energy.

I fuc**** love OJ, honey, fruits mentioned, cheese, butter, crab, coconut oil, chocolate milk, coffee so I have loved the last few days trying out Peat.

I thought I saw that spinach was okay, so I really have to cook it though? It is so much tastier in smoothieform with fruit.

I could never ever eat the liver or other organ meat. Ever. Will never ever try it, sorry Ray.

I know this is probably just placebo right now or slightly above placebo but my digestion has already come close to normalizing so that is very promising.

I may be allergic to eggs though which would limit that helpful and mostly delicious food.

Are there any “hacks” you could reccomend from your diet routine?

like certain snacks you keep around or what OJ you buy or what you make for a typical breakfast, lunch or dinner? No worries if not, just thought I would ask.

OP
G
Progesterone isn't a scheduled or banned substance. I got mine delivered directly to my mail with no issue.

Ive never had gyno but I'll tell ya that I haven't gotten any at all with all the Progesterone I've taken. I think thats more associated with aromatizable steroids.

Fasting is pretty anti-peaty, but if you want to give it a shot you can. I did Intermittent fasting a couple years back for about 5 or 6 months. I lost a ton of weight, but I felt like ***t and my hairline started to recede lol. Also gained all the weight back. Crazy how all the years of drugs and alcohol never caused any issues with my hair then boom.. Fasting starts the process.

I also recommend benadryl or famotidine if you're having chest tightness or anxiety issues. They block off Histamine which is one of the main ways Estrogen causes harm. Benadryl is in my top 5 supplements I've ever taken. Its been very beneficial to me.

Can I take Benadryl during the day for anxiety? Some of the anxiety may related to the caffeine I’m drinking. Do you have experience taking it during the day?

mostlylurking

This is so helpful, thank you so much for your detailed response!

Part that sucks for me I just bought two huge tubs of pea protein!

I too was on a mostly vegan diet and my digestion never normalized. I wouldn’t say I had better sleep or more energy.

I fuc**** love OJ, honey, fruits mentioned, cheese, butter, crab, coconut oil, chocolate milk, coffee so I have loved the last few days trying out Peat.

I thought I saw that spinach was okay, so I really have to cook it though? It is so much tastier in smoothieform with fruit.

I could never ever eat the liver or other organ meat. Ever. Will never ever try it, sorry Ray.

I know this is probably just placebo right now or slightly above placebo but my digestion has already come close to normalizing so that is very promising.

I may be allergic to eggs though which would limit that helpful and mostly delicious food.

Are there any “hacks” you could reccomend from your diet routine?

like certain snacks you keep around or what OJ you buy or what you make for a typical breakfast, lunch or dinner? No worries if not, just thought I would ask.
Spinach is high oxylate = kidney stones. Just don't go there. Check out the fascinating (and sharp!) oxylate crystals that get formed in your body.
Here's another video: It's sort of long. If you are in a hurry, start at 29 minutes. Then you might want to watch the whole thing.

My new favorite liver recipe:
1.Saute a finely chopped shallot in about 1-1/2 teas. coconut oil for 5 minutes on low heat. Do not brown.
2. Add 1/2 cup of port (I use Taylor brand) to the shallots, simmer on low for 15-20 minutes. Almost all the liquid evaporates, along with the alcohol.
3. While you are doing 1 and 2, take the single slice of liver out of the freezer (I use Skylark brand calves' liver, each slice is sealed individually in plastic), thaw in hot tap water for 5 minutes, then cut the plastic bag open and slide the liver into a container with about 1/2 cup milk for 10 minutes.
4. Scrape the shallot mixture onto a plate.
5. increase the heat to medium high, add the slice of liver. Cook about 2 minutes per side at most. Top with the shallot mixture. Add a little salt if desired.
6 . Slide off onto a plate and eat it. Yum!
7. Never say never.

You can substitute some onion for the shallots, saute them a while, then cook the liver, then add it all back into the pan and pour on some balsamic vinegar to deglaze the pan and a little salt and pepper if you like. I haven't eaten it this way since I discovered shallots and port though.

Morning food:
1. 12 oz orange juice (organic, no pulp) with thyroid med & a B-complex pill, then I add thiamine, magnesium, niacinamide, riboflavin, biotin, and pregnenolone, all powders, not pills. Stir well, enjoy. The pregnenolone and the biotin won't mix in so they are best retrieved with a spoon and swallowed with a little juice.
2. the equivalent of 2 cups of coffee with 1 tablespoon sugar and some cream.
3. about a gram of aspirin, dissolved in boiling water.
4. 20 oz of 1% milk with 1 tablespoon fructose, 1/2 teas. vanilla, 1/8 cup Great Lakes Hydrolyzed gelatin. Yum.

Learn how to make egg custard in a water bath. It is considered to be a perfect food. I had one for lunch. Yum.

I've been taking high dose thiamine (1500mg/day) and magnesium (2,000mg/day) for 2 months to try to regain my gut health after a bout of antibiotics last summer. It is making a huge difference for me. I don't know how long I'll need to keep the high dose up, I plan to keep it up for at least another month or so. I'll try to taper off of it and see how I feel. The thiamine knocks out the lactic acid/inflammation/pain.

Can't help you with that pea protein; even my chickens won't touch it.

Last edited:

mostlylurking

Can I take Benadryl during the day for anxiety? Some of the anxiety may related to the caffeine I’m drinking. Do you have experience taking it during the day?
Can you tolerate milk? If yes, the calcium in the milk (and I'm not sure what else) will calm you right down. If you can't tolerate milk, it means your body forgot how to make the enzyme needed to digest it. You can get the enzyme back if you expose your body to a little milk, maybe a couple of ounces, a few times a day. After maybe a month, your body will make the enzyme again so you will be able to digest the milk without a problem.

Danny Roddy has tales about learning how to tolerate milk again.
Go here: Ray Peat Search search for Digest Milk.

If you are anxious, maybe you should cut back on the caffeine for a while. See if that helps.

My anxiety didn't go away until I got on the right dose of thyroid supplementation. I was running on adrenaline instead of thyroid hormone. I was a lunatic.

Last edited:
Benadryl will probably put you to sleep during the day, especially if you're not used to it. I'd take it when you can either relax, or before bed. It causes pretty strong drowziness, but it is amazing if you want to sleep or if you dont have any important tasks. Starting at lower doses is helpful. Theanine is good for caffeine anxiety as well.

T

TheBeard

Okay, I am going to do a bit more research on potential side effects people have reported and then I'll give this one a shot. I also might try to find a way to order with a nameless debit card and have it shipped to an anonymous locker. I took m-drol and some steroids about 10 years ago and got mild gynecomastia, so I want to see how Progesterone may effect it. I have done a lot of dumb sh** in my day.

I also am going to look into doing a 7+ day water fast to see what healing my body might be able to do on its own. I have heart Ray Peat was against this, but for me, i was able to quit smoking permanently after a 5 day water fast.

Thanks again!

Progesterone is not schedule in any country.

You could also ship AAS straight to your mailbox, no one cares, that's not the kind of products customs are after, at least not in the quantities you are going to buy.

Also, for daytime anxiety related to chest tightness or negative thoughts, I'd recommend Progesterone. It is sedating but not nearly as sedating as Benadryl, with similar, but more broad spectrum benefits.

OP
G
Update 1/15/2021:

I went into the doctor to do some more Thyroid tests and also had a home sleep study test.

My primary care physician said I do have Hashimoto's and that I am a candidate for low-dose thyroid supplementation.

The sleep doctor said I do have a mild form of Sleep Apnea.

The health problems just keep piling on!! haha yikes!

Recent Diet Changes:

Chocolate Milk
Regular Milk
Different types of Cheeses
Apples
Apple Sauce
Butter
Grapes
Red Bull
Coffee (Sugar, Cream)
Some Chocolate
Yogurt
Baking Soda in Water
Some iodized salt in water
1 Banana a day (not sure on this)
Ice Cream
Eggs with butter and cheese

I am also going to start back up my carrot and beat juice (this okay with Peat?)
Would like to incorporate Pea Protein/Coconut Milk/Berry Smoothies with Honey as well.

Medications:

NameDosageDate Started
Adderall XR20mg/Day
12/15/2021​
Tadalifil10mg/Day
12/20/2020​
Lamotrigine200mg
9/1/2020​
Propranonol20mg/as needed
1/1/2020​
Clonezepam.5mg/as needed
1/1/2020​
Albuterol Sulfate Inhaler90mcg/as needed
1/1/1992​
Zalaplon (Sonota)10mg/as needed
1/1/2020​
Famciclovir1500mg/first sign of cold sore
12/15/2021​
Nasonex1 Spray Each Nostral/As Needed
1/1/2016​

Supplements:

NameDosage
L-Thianine50mg
Benadryl1 as needed/sleep/anxiety
L-Thianine50mg
Caffeine1000mg
Aspirin325mg
Vitamin E400iu
L-Citrulline4g
Maca Powder5g
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine/Thiamin) (as thiamine hydrochloride)7.5mg
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)8.5mg
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) (as Niacinamide)50mg
Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) (as D-Calcium Pantothenate)30mg
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) (as Pyridoxine hydrochloride)10mg
Vitamin B7 (Biotin) (as D-Biotin)300mcg
Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)250mg
Vitamin B9 (Folate)665mcg DFE/400mcg folic acid
Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin)50 mcg
Magnesium (as magnesium oxide)400mg
Thiamine150mg
Sodium (Quality Salt)2-3tsp/day
Digestive Enzyme Formula1 Capsul
L-Tyrosine750mg
Zinc50mg
Selenium200mcg
Ashwagandha3 Drops
L-Lysine1500mg/Day

Need to get:
Iodine (work my way up to an appropriate noticeable dose)
L-Taurine to help with the caffeine jitters. Anything else I am missing with this?

My doctor said I could try low-dose thyroid replacement therapy and also recommended some supplements that I could try instead (but I don't really notice a difference with supplements) so I may try the Thyroid replacement.

I also asked him about progesterone and pregnenalone.

Bio-Metrics:
My Temperatures are pretty good now, above 96F on average.
My oxygen is about 95%
My heart rate is still fluctating based on how relaxed I am able to get (usually fighting body stress the entire day with Buteyko breathing)

My Control Pause is about 15 seconds in the morning and can go up to 25 during day.

Life Style:
Still meditating 1+ hours per day. (Qigong - Internal and Active Movements)
Walking 40 minutes a day and pushups and planks. (Working my way up to full weight lifting and cardio workout gradually)
Trying to get my CP up to 60 seconds.
Would like to start Derma Rolling for hair regrowth.

Recent noticeable changes:
I feel a little more rested and sleep 4-6 hours despite the sleep apnea and some mouth breathing.
My digestion seems to have normalized completely.
My anxiety and depression symptoms have gone down a lot.
Asthma getting better, not a lot of wheezing or shortness of breath.

Issues:
The Erectile Dysfunction has not really improved and I am taking Cialis for that.
My body is still in a constant state of stress throughout the day.
ADHD improving.
Still some Hair Loss.
Still getting some heart burn, but not terrible.

Test Results:

ComponentYour ValueStandard Range
Thyroid Peroxidase Ab34.0 IU/mL0.0 - 5.6 IU/mL

T3, Total103 ng/dL45 - 175 ng/dL

TSH4.43 uIU/mL0.30 - 5.00 uIU/mL

Free T40.9 ng/dL0.7 - 1.8 ng/dL

dlind70

Everyday we get better in my opinion you are dangerously low in salt and salty foods. Everybody on here says to stop the starch well that's bull whenever you feel like you're outside of your body I eat salty food and I'm right back in it so you could be low in salt which in turn basically means the brain is not detoxing correctly. You need salt for your digestion you told me earlier that it was a problem with your between the pelvic floor and the chest the number one mineral that fixes that is sodium chloride and that is basically the fire in the belly you need to get a fire in your belly man.

On a more spiritual aspect, you need to get a passion in your life and a commitment this could be job this could be helping others this could be community service this could be even a lowly job like a gas station attendant. Start small the passion your life leads to other things this could be painting this could be doing physical labor whatever you're surroundings are pushing you to do so basically the passion in your life will ignite the fire in your belly to correct the other and balances in your life it can make you instantly young again basically get a passion your life get a flow about a work life balance. It's an exaggerated way to say maybe get a new job but if that's the case then so be it.a new commitment can create a fire in your belly to go to work everyday and the other problems will follow suit the other imbalances in your life will correct themselves by their by that very nature of you having that job and you having passion in your job or passion in your job to help others.

Vins7

Everyday we get better in my opinion you are dangerously low in salt and salty foods. Everybody on here says to stop the starch well that's bull whenever you feel like you're outside of your body I eat salty food and I'm right back in it so you could be low in salt which in turn basically means the brain is not detoxing correctly. You need salt for your digestion you told me earlier that it was a problem with your between the pelvic floor and the chest the number one mineral that fixes that is sodium chloride and that is basically the fire in the belly you need to get a fire in your belly man.

On a more spiritual aspect, you need to get a passion in your life and a commitment this could be job this could be helping others this could be community service this could be even a lowly job like a gas station attendant. Start small the passion your life leads to other things this could be painting this could be doing physical labor whatever you're surroundings are pushing you to do so basically the passion in your life will ignite the fire in your belly to correct the other and balances in your life it can make you instantly young again basically get a passion your life get a flow about a work life balance. It's an exaggerated way to say maybe get a new job but if that's the case then so be it.a new commitment can create a fire in your belly to go to work everyday and the other problems will follow suit the other imbalances in your life will correct themselves by their by that very nature of you having that job and you having passion in your job or passion in your job to help others.
How could I know If I'm taking enough salt?
How much a day?

OP
G
Spinach is high oxylate = kidney stones. Just don't go there. Check out the fascinating (and sharp!) oxylate crystals that get formed in your body.
Here's another video: It's sort of long. If you are in a hurry, start at 29 minutes. Then you might want to watch the whole thing.

My new favorite liver recipe:
1.Saute a finely chopped shallot in about 1-1/2 teas. coconut oil for 5 minutes on low heat. Do not brown.
2. Add 1/2 cup of port (I use Taylor brand) to the shallots, simmer on low for 15-20 minutes. Almost all the liquid evaporates, along with the alcohol.
3. While you are doing 1 and 2, take the single slice of liver out of the freezer (I use Skylark brand calves' liver, each slice is sealed individually in plastic), thaw in hot tap water for 5 minutes, then cut the plastic bag open and slide the liver into a container with about 1/2 cup milk for 10 minutes.
4. Scrape the shallot mixture onto a plate.
5. increase the heat to medium high, add the slice of liver. Cook about 2 minutes per side at most. Top with the shallot mixture. Add a little salt if desired.
6 . Slide off onto a plate and eat it. Yum!
7. Never say never.

You can substitute some onion for the shallots, saute them a while, then cook the liver, then add it all back into the pan and pour on some balsamic vinegar to deglaze the pan and a little salt and pepper if you like. I haven't eaten it this way since I discovered shallots and port though.

Morning food:
1. 12 oz orange juice (organic, no pulp) with thyroid med & a B-complex pill, then I add thiamine, magnesium, niacinamide, riboflavin, biotin, and pregnenolone, all powders, not pills. Stir well, enjoy. The pregnenolone and the biotin won't mix in so they are best retrieved with a spoon and swallowed with a little juice.
2. the equivalent of 2 cups of coffee with 1 tablespoon sugar and some cream.
3. about a gram of aspirin, dissolved in boiling water.
4. 20 oz of 1% milk with 1 tablespoon fructose, 1/2 teas. vanilla, 1/8 cup Great Lakes Hydrolyzed gelatin. Yum.

Learn how to make egg custard in a water bath. It is considered to be a perfect food. I had one for lunch. Yum.

I've been taking high dose thiamine (1500mg/day) and magnesium (2,000mg/day) for 2 months to try to regain my gut health after a bout of antibiotics last summer. It is making a huge difference for me. I don't know how long I'll need to keep the high dose up, I plan to keep it up for at least another month or so. I'll try to taper off of it and see how I feel. The thiamine knocks out the lactic acid/inflammation/pain.

Can't help you with that pea protein; even my chickens won't touch it.

Thank you for these, they are very enlightening. I read that urologists are now frequently recommending a low oxalate diet to men with kidney stones and gout. It also sounds like there are food combinations that block oxalate from binding with calcium and inhibiting the absorption of calcium. So if you eat oxalate at least eating it with protein seems to be of benefit.

It is surprising the foods that have oxalate in them, spinach is one of the biggest offenders.

Oxalate Good or Bad

mostlylurking

Thank you for these, they are very enlightening. I read that urologists are now frequently recommending a low oxalate diet to men with kidney stones and gout. It also sounds like there are food combinations that block oxalate from binding with calcium and inhibiting the absorption of calcium. So if you eat oxalate at least eating it with protein seems to be of benefit.

It is surprising the foods that have oxalate in them, spinach is one of the biggest offenders.

Oxalate Good or Bad
You're welcome. Did you ever get helpful feedback to the long post above?

the one posted on January 15, 2021? There's some red flags I see there. I was wondering if you have an update regarding your thyroid test. Also, I see some possible issues with some of the other info in that post but I don't know if this 1/15/2021 post is ancient history now?

LUH 3417

You're welcome. Did you ever get helpful feedback to the long post above?

the one posted on January 15, 2021? There's some red flags I see there. I was wondering if you have an update regarding your thyroid test. Also, I see some possible issues with some of the other info in that post but I don't know if this 1/15/2021 post is ancient history now?
Can I have your custard recipe?

mostlylurking

Can I have your custard recipe?
It's been a while since I made it. I use the water bath method; pictures or a video would help. Maybe you can find one online.

egg custard recipe:

equipment:
6 custard cups
deep roasting pan with a wire rack (mine can double as a lasagna pan)
Arrange the custard cups on the wire rack in the pan.
very hot tap water will be added later(see below)

preheat oven to 325 degrees.

the custard ingredients:
6 egg yolks
2 whole eggs
1/2 cup cream (with NO carrageenan)
1 and 1/2 cup milk (1% milk works fine)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon real vanilla
nutmeg to grate over the top before baking

How to instructions:

1: Put the milk and the cream in a pan and heat over low heat while you deal with the eggs. Don't let it boil, just lightly scald it.
2:Use an egg separator or a slotted spoon to separate 6 yolks from the whites and put the yolks in a bowl (use one with a handle and a pour spout if you have it) Add 1 or 2 whole eggs. Beat with a whisk. Add the sugar and salt, beat some more.
3. When the milk starts to make a skin, slowly pour it into the eggs while you beat the eggs.
4. Add the vanilla, stir it in.
5. Carefully pour the custard into the custard cups, fill them all equally.
6. Carefully fill the pan with hot tap water up to the level of the custard.
GRATE THE NUTMEG ON TOP OF THE CUSTARDS NOW.
7. Carefully put the pan with the filled custard cups into the preheated oven (325 degrees).
8. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the custard is set. Ovens vary; mine takes 48 minutes.
9. Carefully remove from the oven. Don't slosh it; it's very hot. Use a clean knife and stick into a custard to determine it it's done. Custard should be giggly and knife should come out clean.
10. Using a knife and a dishtowel, slide each cup up and out of the water bath at a corner of the pan. Let cool about 30 minutes. Cover each custard cup with some plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold.

My friend who has chickens makes custard all the time; she just uses a glass bread pan placed within a larger pan with water in it. Her method requires less equipment. If I did that here, the custard wouldn't last the night. Individual servings are easier to ration.

LUH 3417

It's been a while since I made it. I use the water bath method; pictures or a video would help. Maybe you can find one online.

egg custard recipe:

equipment:
6 custard cups
deep roasting pan with a wire rack (mine can double as a lasagna pan)
Arrange the custard cups on the wire rack in the pan.
very hot tap water will be added later(see below)

preheat oven to 325 degrees.

the custard ingredients:
6 egg yolks
2 whole eggs
1/2 cup cream (with NO carrageenan)
1 and 1/2 cup milk (1% milk works fine)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon real vanilla
nutmeg to grate over the top before baking

How to instructions:

1: Put the milk and the cream in a pan and heat over low heat while you deal with the eggs. Don't let it boil, just lightly scald it.
2:Use an egg separator or a slotted spoon to separate 6 yolks from the whites and put the yolks in a bowl (use one with a handle and a pour spout if you have it) Add 1 or 2 whole eggs. Beat with a whisk. Add the sugar and salt, beat some more.
3. When the milk starts to make a skin, slowly pour it into the eggs while you beat the eggs.
4. Add the vanilla, stir it in.
5. Carefully pour the custard into the custard cups, fill them all equally.
6. Carefully fill the pan with hot tap water up to the level of the custard.
GRATE THE NUTMEG ON TOP OF THE CUSTARDS NOW.
7. Carefully put the pan with the filled custard cups into the preheated oven (325 degrees).
8. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the custard is set. Ovens vary; mine takes 48 minutes.
9. Carefully remove from the oven. Don't slosh it; it's very hot. Use a clean knife and stick into a custard to determine it it's done. Custard should be giggly and knife should come out clean.
10. Using a knife and a dishtowel, slide each cup up and out of the water bath at a corner of the pan. Let cool about 30 minutes. Cover each custard cup with some plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold.

My friend who has chickens makes custard all the time; she just uses a glass bread pan placed within a larger pan with water in it. Her method requires less equipment. If I did that here, the custard wouldn't last the night. Individual servings are easier to ration.
Thank you