jdrop

Testing the version with anhydrol - anyone have a way to keep the solution mixed and no solid bits? Heat works but only temporarily.

cherrycherry

Forum Supporter
Has anyone use this product on your dogs? Can share how you use it and experience/results feedback? thanks so much!! Trying to help my dog with Cushing disease.

Frankdee20

How does Cortinon feel compared to Pansterone ?

Yeah, I know there's threads available.

Thank you in advance

Smelly5

What does it mean if only two drops of this on my wrists makes me profoundly sleepy?

Smelly5

It means you’ve probably been running on stress hormones, which have now been reduced.
I took extra t3 to see if it would remove the tiredness. It didn't help at all.
But, once I got my digestion going with Cascara, the tiredness went away immediately.

I wonder if the lowering of cortisol slows digestion heavily in someone running on stress hormones.
And what this means for any lowering of stress hormones, whether cortinon related or not.

ccousz

Happily been doing Pansterone/Androsterone/Progestene/Calcirol, 1 drop each in the evening....recently added 1 shot (drop) CortiNon/Calcirol each in the mornings (the icing on the cake?)...Man, I can't imagine feeling any better than this.....thanks Mr Giorgi!
Oral or topical?

eimearrose

I took extra t3 to see if it would remove the tiredness. It didn't help at all.
But, once I got my digestion going with Cascara, the tiredness went away immediately.

I wonder if the lowering of cortisol slows digestion heavily in someone running on stress hormones.
And what this means for any lowering of stress hormones, whether cortinon related or not.
It definitely does in my experience. When I was running (literally) on stress hormones (former endurance athlete with crazy high training volume) I had chronic diarrhoea, but as soon as I stopped, it was replaced with constipation. I suppose the chronically elevated stress hormones were masking some of the low metabolism/hypothyroid symptoms.

Serene

Any ideas when cortinon will be back in stock?

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Ordered. What's the best time of day to take this - am, pm, divided between both? I sleep fine on Progestene before bed, but don't know about DHEA. I am subject to insomnia.

This product does not really need any introduction to anybody familiar with Peat's work. I have wanted to release it for a long time but over the last few months the studies I found related to the anabolic and anticatabolic effects of progesterone, combined with the fact that Peat has told quite a few people over email that he used this combination of steroids, convinced me that it is worth it.
Unlike other products, there won't be as many references listed in support of this product but I think even the few ones below are enough to give an idea about its properties.
The name CortiNon was coined due to the known main effects of both progesterone and DHEA - i.e. antagonism to cortisol, both at the receptor level (progesterone) and functionally (progesterone & DHEA).

The units listed on the label are just for measurement purposes. They do not indicate suggested or optimal dose. Please note that similar to the products sold by companies like BluePeptides, this product is for lab/research use only. The product can be ordered from the link below:
www.idealabsdc.com/lab

CortiNon is a combination of the steroids progesterone and DHEA, which have a number of desirable properties as demonstrated by numerous studies - i.e. anti-glucocorticoid, anti-inflammatory, anti-endotoxin, anti-viral, anti-mutagenic, antimicrobial, anti-cancer, anxiolytic, antidepressant, and generally anti-aging.

Drops per container: about 360
Each drop contains the following ingredients:

Progesterone (USP): 3mg
DHEA (USP): 1mg

Other ingredients: add product to shopping cart to see info

References:

Anti-aging

Anti-Catabolic / Myotrophic / Androgenic
1. Progesterone
The Anti-cortisol Mechanism Of Progesterone
The Anabolic Effects Of Progesterone
Progesterone Is Androgenic
Progesterone Is As Anabolic For Muscle As Testosterone (in Women)

2. DHEA
DHEA, In Low Doses, Directly Inhibits Cortisol Synthesis
DHEA Enhances Cortisol Degradation
DHEA Has Very Similar Anabolic Activity To DHT
DHEA, a selective glucocorticoid receptor antagonist: its role in immune system regulation and metabolism. - PubMed - NCBI
Low-dose DHEA Inhibits Aromatase By 35% And Endotoxin Blocks That Effect

3. Combination
The Requirements For An Optimal Anticatabolic / Anabolic Substance (progesterone + DHEA)
Ray Peat Email Advice Depository
6-Ketoprogesterone and its biological actions. - PubMed - NCBI
"...The results are summarized in Table 6. The extracts of the samples, in which progesterone and dehydroepiandrosterone were used as substrate resulted in the strongest hypertrophy of the preputial gland and had the strongest myotrophic action of all. Both of the actions of the products which come from the incubation of the villus with 17(a)-hydroxyprogesterone were much weaker."
If each drop of cortinon has 1 mg of dhea, when used topically what is this equal to for oral DHEA?
Is it 10x more powerful than oral DHEA?
I have read that haidut's sterioids, topically, are equal to 10x as much oral steroid.
Thanks.
Paul

JCub369

I'm looking to understand the appropriate upper limit for men when adhering to the 3:1 ratio of progesterone to DHEA. Typically, a daily dose of 10mg progesterone is suggested, but I'm considering taking 15mg of DHEA, divided into three doses of 5mg each. This dosage doesn't seem to fit the conventional ratio. Could someone clarify whether the inclusion of DHEA permits a higher intake of progesterone for men?

Mossy

I'm looking to understand the appropriate upper limit for men when adhering to the 3:1 ratio of progesterone to DHEA. Typically, a daily dose of 10mg progesterone is suggested, but I'm considering taking 15mg of DHEA, divided into three doses of 5mg each. This dosage doesn't seem to fit the conventional ratio. Could someone clarify whether the inclusion of DHEA permits a higher intake of progesterone for men?
I don't have a set-in-stone rule to pass along, but this post and the entire thread may help you:

Progesterone Is Androgenic

Lizb

I don't know. However I thought you might like to know that when I asked Ray he recommended 5mg per day for my husband (who has dementia).

His email:-

"Things that increase the metabolic rate improve memory, reaction time, etc., relax bladder, build muscle. Vitamin D, high calcium intake (two liters/day low fat milk), aspirin, angiotensin receptor blockers, thyroid, progesterone and DHEA (5 mg), adequate protein, bowel regularity, are important for supporting oxidative metabolism."

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
The max dose I'd use is 12-15 drops daily in divided doses of 4-5 drops each. So, at the max daily dose of 15 drops that means 45mg progesterone and 15mg DHEA. However, I don't think most people use that much. Most reports say 5 drops twice a day seems to work just fine.
Haidut, How much Vitamin E is in each drop of the tocopherol version (3/1)?

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Thank you, I’m trying to figure out if more vit E than is contained in cortinon+ or progestene is needed. Or if there’s enough. Some have said protest e has enough and more vit E isn’t usually needed.
Did you find out how much Vit E is in the Cortinon tocopherol version?

Dannyb

Hi all, I have heard @haidut previously mention a body builder out of Bulgaria that takes 10mg dhea and 100mg of progesterone and said it was as anabolic as injecting testosterone. I had purchased cortinon+ applying roughly 10 drops to the naval to mimic this.

Today I saw a Peat quote saying that 30mg or more of progesterone can cause testosterone deficiency in men.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this - looking for a technical explanation if possible.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Today I saw a Peat quote saying that 30mg or more of progesterone can cause testosterone deficiency in men.

That's what the DHEA is there for - to protect from those potential risks, and Ray specifically suggested doing the same when using larger amounts of progesterone by males.

Dannyb

That's what the DHEA is there for - to protect from those potential risks, and Ray specifically suggested doing the same when using larger amounts of progesterone by males.
Excellent- thanks @haidut I feel good on it but wanted to double check I wasn’t messing something else up in the process

Dave Clark

Thanks, that answers my question on another thread about Ray talking about progesterone and not suggesting supplementing for men due to those risks. I use progesterone, but I also use DHEA, about 15 mg/day. Do they both have to be used at the same time, or is it the total dose/day that is important? I use DHEA in the morning and the Progestine at night. If so, I will switch to the Cortinon

JCub369

Perhaps @haidut could create a 6-keto P4 version of cortinon? Is that something many of you would be interested in? or deem it surplus to requirements? I am not sure how the interaction or synergy would differ from regular progesterone if anyone could enlighten me :)