Questionable Safety Of Dmso

satsumass

Forum Supporter
Hi all---
Big fan of all of @haidut and IdeaLabs supplements and generally have good repsonse to topical administration of the DMSO compounds...HOWEVER--I apply many of them (kuinone tyromix pansterone) to my genitals. I have seen great results especially with respect to circulation (i am presuming due to vitamin K2). But while I often apply them right after a shower in the morning, I also sometimes apply during the day or evening when I've been out and about all day. After my shower and say 10 minutes after applying any DMSO based compounds, I always use BABY POWDER or GOLD BOND POWDER in that region to stay dry. So that means if I apply during the day or evening there will often be visible powder residue in that area.

How big of an issue is this if I apply at this state without taking a shower first?

I am now a bit concerned as I know DMSO actively shuttles basically a huge number of things straight through the skin. The powders are:

Johnson's baby powder. Ingredients: Talc, Parfum (as listed on johnson's website)
Johnson's cornstarch baby powder: Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tricalcium Phosphate, Parfum (Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopheryl Acetate)
Gold Bond Medicated Powder: Active Ingredients: Menthol 0.15% / Anti-itch –––– Inactive ingredients: talc, zinc oxide, acacia senegal gum, eucalyptol, methyl salicylate, salicylic acid, thymol, zinc stearate (309-004)

Is there anything to be significantly concerned about...especially given daily application? Would appreciate comments more along the lines of specific evidence or thoughts rather than general 'well maybe not so great but I can't really say why'

Thanks!