Jsaute21

My experience was similar to yours jyb. The anti-serotonin drugs helped with specific problems (gut inflammation) and maybe some soft-tissue calcification. They did not fix the hypo issues but did make them more resilient to them. Before taking cypro, whenever I had an improvement all it would take to get me back to a complete mess was a somewhat stressful day at work. After taking cypro, I could handle a week before starting to succumb. Since I also started working on the thyroid, eventually that resilience period extended to a month and beyond. Once you start recovering, the process is hollistic/continuous and I can't isolate how much each thing helped. Again, the anti-serotonin drugs helped to stop the stress reaction and build resilience of several days that would allow me to both ride out most storms and have time to work on thyroid.
I did try doing only thyroid before cypro and that did not lead to anything. Granted, I had the dosage not entirely correct but still I did not notice much improvement. Only after taking care of serotonin did things start to get better for me.
The only advice I have is keep experimenting. A famous baseball player was once asked: "Is there a difference between theory and practice?" He responded: "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
Ray also said that ideally things should never make sense until suddenly they all make perfect sense.
So, keep practicing until you figure it out:)

Not to be cheesy but i needed to see both of these posts, today @haidut & @jyb. As a guy that has seen some progress and had it halt lately, i have been in my own head bad regarding how i can improve my low pulse and temps. Self experimentation and educated resources such as many of you make it very possible to fix frustrating problems.

Jsaute21

When do people feel is the best time to take? I took last night with dinner (Around 6 PM) and it affected my sleep somewhat significantly, combined with a feeling of lethargy. Do we feel as if first thing in the morning or with a pre bed snack?

grenade

When do people feel is the best time to take? I took last night with dinner (Around 6 PM) and it affected my sleep somewhat significantly, combined with a feeling of lethargy. Do we feel as if first thing in the morning or with a pre bed snack?

I don't personally take cyproheptadine, but I've heard morning or afternoon is best if it affects sleeps or leaves you with difficulty waking up.

Maxen93

hey, I have been taking mirtazapine and want to switch to cypro as I have finally gotten my hands on it. Would it be better to taper off mirtazapine first and then start taking cypro? or just quit mirta and take cypro right away. I am taking 15mg

khan

@haidut. I have cyproheptadine tablets. Which expired in September 2016. Can I still take them or u think there can be a harmful reaction?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut. I have cyproheptadine tablets. Which expired in September 2016. Can I still take them or u think there can be a harmful reaction?

I don't think cyproheptadine goes bad, but it can degrade over time so I don't know how much of the original dose would be left in those tablets.

khan

I don't think cyproheptadine goes bad, but it can degrade over time so I don't know how much of the original dose would be left in those tablets.
thanks for the reply. I just took 1 mg.

encerent

I know I'm dragging up a 5 year post here but do you think cypro fixes the problem causing stomach inflammation or simply acts as a bandaid for when they're bad?

Cypro is not a bandaid treatment. It has really profound and positive system effects.

InChristAlone

I don't think any drug is a cure-all, but they can stop the stress that is causing the problem so that the body can heal itself. Ultimately it is the cells that have to heal us. When I stop cypro a lot of the issues I had come back though... so I guess it's not stopping it enough to promote healing. I'm not sure yet as I've been on it for 5 months straight. I stopped twice and by the second day I wanted back on! Not sure when I'll see if this has promoted healing or not.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I know I'm dragging up a 5 year post here but do you think cypro fixes the problem causing stomach inflammation or simply acts as a bandaid for when they're bad?

Any time there is an inflammation, histamine and serotonin are involved, as is NO. Drugs like cypro address all of these and this is why it is now recommended for all functional GI disorders. Google "cyproheptadine functional GI disorder".

raypeatclips

Any time there is an inflammation, histamine and serotonin are involved, as is NO. Drugs like cypro address all of these and this is why it is now recommended for all functional GI disorders. Google "cyproheptadine functional GI disorder".

Oh yeah cypro is a wonder drug when it comes to my GI issues. I just wondered if you thought that it corrects the problem so when you stop the cypro, you are in a better place than before?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals