churchmouth

Tried 1mg Cypro around 7PM last night.

Side effects were similar to what I feel during low dose of Hallucinogenic mushrooms but without the deep thoughts, definitely gave me a feeling of being in an altered state:
- feeling of something "draining" or chemical release in my head, somewhat good feeling
- calming and feeling like some background noise is silenced
- hot facial skin
- a bit hard to communicate
- helped me fall in to bed early
- very drowsy sleep

Milena

I'm taking it for allergies and wow, does it make me sleepy and draggy. But it does kind of work.

How much are you taking, happyHammie? I take 1 mg am and 1 mg before retiring. I don't get any histamine problems with OJ, now but I do get adrenaline problems through the night. I know there is the possibility of tolerance build up in the dopamine receptors. I got that when on Requip XL for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD)

raypeatclips

How much are you taking, happyHammie? I take 1 mg am and 1 mg before retiring. I don't get any histamine problems with OJ, now but I do get adrenaline problems through the night. I know there is the possibility of tolerance build up in the dopamine receptors. I got that when on Requip XL for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD)

Did you have adrenaline problems in the night before cypro? Cypro helps me sleep through the night without waking more consistently than without it. 0.5mg x 2

i quit. Was taking 1mg at a time. Too much drowsiness and brain fog.

Milena

Did you have adrenaline problems in the night before cypro? Cypro helps me sleep through the night without waking more consistently than without it. 0.5mg x 2
I think so - not been Peating long.
@ecstatichamster - thanks - mmm no brain fog for me. I wake up bright and sharp. Mind you, I always have, even after a general anaesthetic.

How long were you taking it? Have you tried 0.5mg? Drowsiness has worn off after a week or so of 0.5mg doses for me, very manageable.

I've tried small amounts. It's hard to get less than 1mg for me because the pill is hard to split this small. I can manage smaller amounts.

But I am taking cetirizine now for seasonal hay fever allergies.

raypeatclips

I've tried small amounts. It's hard to get less than 1mg for me because the pill is hard to split this small. I can manage smaller amounts.

But I am taking cetirizine now for seasonal hay fever allergies.

I usually split the pill in half with fingers, then half again, which is easy enough. So I have 1mg in my hand, then bite off roughly half and save the other half for my next dose.

I used that drug for years as a teenager successfully for hayfever but I saw a Peat quote saying it was harmful to the liver. Are you aware of this?

no i'm not. But I'm using it for about a month. I doubt it will cause me too many problems. My allergies are very bad without it and cypro didn't really help that much.

churchmouth

Second time using 1mg (2 days later) the effects were much less pronounced. Sleep wasn't great quality, but felt more inclined to sleep in than get up.. and woke up with a mild headache.
Tried 1mg Cypro around 7PM last night.

Side effects were similar to what I feel during low dose of Hallucinogenic mushrooms but without the deep thoughts, definitely gave me a feeling of being in an altered state:
- feeling of something "draining" or chemical release in my head, somewhat good feeling
- calming and feeling like some background noise is silenced
- hot facial skin
- a bit hard to communicate
- helped me fall in to bed early
- very drowsy sleep

X3CyO

^good question

nostalgic

I managed to get some cheap Cyproheptadine from Ebay and it didn't get stuck in the customs, so today is an amazing day. I'm suffering from extreme tryptophan and serotonin sensitivity since my serotonin syndrome 5 weeks back, so I hope these pills will help me. BCAA was decent but not enough to allow me to eat any proteins.

Owen B

I tried Haidut's cypro on my rat and initially the effects were unbelievable. It's what usually happens when I take some substance. I can get an incredible reaction at first, then nothing.

The serotonin antagonism on my rat produced feelings that were just short of ecstatic. Incredible exhilaration. Music went right through me and all i wanted to do was dance.

Two weeks later, nothing. This only at very low doses, 1 mg at most. Then the drowsiness set in and that's all the rat gets now.

I'll be looking into a cypro/lisuride combo at some time in the future, though.

Peata

I've used cypro at times over the last 2 - 3 years, and I'm back on it for just under 2 weeks now. I went back on it because of an awful stint of depression that kept lasting and getting worse. Cypro has helped in the past, so I turned to it again because I was getting desperate. Sure enough, by 7 - 10 days the cloud lifted. I take it 4 - 5 hours before I plan to go to sleep. I sleep deeply all night. It does tend to make me want to sleep in and be groggy next day, but caffeine helps. Just like when taking it in the past, I am more relaxed about things that would normally send me into anxiety and rumination. This week is usually the bad one in my cycle for that kind of irrational anger and worry, and I've barely had any notice of it this time. As far as weight gain and appetite, I don't feel more than usual, but I broke my scales a while back when I dropped them, so I don't know my weight. I'll try to weight myself somewhere in the next few days. Pants seem to be fitting okay still. I don't feel more appetite than usual, but just in case, I'm trying to do a type of fasting, but not really fasting, where I keep calories on the low side til 3 p.m. Other good effects from the cypro, I'm not getting symptoms nearly as much where I'd get racing heart, restless leg, heaviness, etc. that would come about from eating certain food/drink. So I've been able to use almost no Dramamine, where before I kept it handy.

Owen B

Ray recommends doses of 0.5mg-4mg a day and says it should not be taken for more than several days b/c serotonin drugs tend to eventually cause side effects. While I agree with him that taking a drug for too long is not a good idea, in my experience most people have to take cypro for 1-2 weeks before they get any lasting effect. Once the serotonin is under control, then slowly taper off and focus on diet.
I think Ray's comments about the side effects are based on studies with other anti-serotonin drugs causing some heart issues (e.g. ondansetron) but in the case of cyproheptadine the side effects are extremely rare and tend to be mild. Certainly no heart issues from cypro, and most people may get some nervousness due to the anticholinergic properties or briefly elevated liver enzymes.
Haidut....This I think is just what I was looking for. Because I just put my rat back on Cypro and am getting a lot of good effects.

It's weird because at first i was getting all the drowsiness that so many others get. But now it's different. I feel great. (Which is very rare for me). the only other things I'm doing now is regular bag breathing, a bit of naltrexone and some Estroban. But after a couple of days I found I was getting hair trigger anger, though I remained very clear headed. No drowsiness. But why the anger? Cortisol going down? I don't think I have any heart issues but I'm going to cycle off for a while.

Also, I'm not sure but when the rat went back on Cypro he noticed prostate softened right up and PSA went down. I'm not sure what if any is the physical connection.

And i read an old post of yours - I forget where - in 2013 where you said you were having problems getting thyroid up and then you started with Cypro and felt a lot better. Did the Cypro help with the thyroid or did it go up eventually for a different reason?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals