Nicotine [Through A Peat Prism?]

X3CyO

yeah, that was kind of off-putting, but then again it was 2010 and everyone on that forum was basically against him, with very few willing to matching up studies or really be open to the conversation... kind of annoying for such a supposedly open-minded place.

Tobacco is normally alkaline and absorbed through the mucosa, but when made acidic is instead absorbed through the lungs. Pipe, dip, snuss, and cigar are alkaline vs cigarettes.

Traditionally I've read the same; native americans didn't inhale, but instead, the smoke was allowed to "drift up to the creator".

In this manner more smoking can be done, and perhaps in the process of utilizing so much amongst many people, the humidity within a Teepee would eventually mix with the carbon monoxide raining it down onto the ground instead of being inhaled, while the carbon would leave through the top of the teepee, leaving a temporary carbon dioxide dense environment for people to immerse themselves in.

Hypothetically

tfcjesse

yeah, that was kind of off-putting, but then again it was 2010 and everyone on that forum was basically against him, with very few willing to matching up studies or really be open to the conversation... kind of annoying for such a supposedly open-minded place.

Tobacco is normally alkaline and absorbed through the mucosa, but when made acidic is instead absorbed through the lungs. Pipe, dip, snuss, and cigar are alkaline vs cigarettes.

Traditionally I've read the same; native americans didn't inhale, but instead, the smoke was allowed to "drift up to the creator".

In this manner more smoking can be done, and perhaps in the process of utilizing so much amongst many people, the humidity within a Teepee would eventually mix with the carbon monoxide raining it down onto the ground instead of being inhaled, while the carbon would leave through the top of the teepee, leaving a temporary carbon dioxide dense environment for people to immerse themselves in.

Hypothetically

Yeah it was a strange thread, he spent most of the time defending his claims, and it's easy to attack a pro-tobacco stance with all of the studies the media has pushed to the public.

I'd be interested in @Travis 's take on smoking 'roll your own' natural/organic tobacco. I know he's spoken to it before, but all I remember is that he smokes some fancy cigs daily/frequently. I guess the alternative would be to buy a teepee...

X3CyO

I think just not inhaling would be good enough for the most part.

As for co2 therapy a mask would be more applicable

Travis

Yeah it was a strange thread, he spent most of the time defending his claims, and it's easy to attack a pro-tobacco stance with all of the studies the media has pushed to the public.

I'd be interested in @Travis 's take on smoking 'roll your own' natural/organic tobacco. I know he's spoken to it before, but all I remember is that he smokes some fancy cigs daily/frequently. I guess the alternative would be to buy a teepee...
I would smoke kreteks from Indonesia before my last shipment got seized, so right now I'm just buying about the most natural tobacco you can find. It comes in a bag and large tobacco leafs, which I run through my shredder (it's like a paper-shredder, but for tobacco)—after which it gets injected into paper tubes: After just a few weeks of doing this, learning which tobaccos are the best, and learning to control things like humidity, the end cigarette is much better than your common American cigarette. The last time I had smoked a Camel Filter Light I had thought it to be reminiscent of plastic. A person certainly gets used to the straight tobacco taste. A few cigarettes for sale, right now, are still 100% tobacco (or very nearly so): American Spirit, Dunhill, and Nat Sherman are all very good cigarettes—the latter two can perhaps be considered a bit 'fancy,' but what is a bit unusual about commercial tobacco, as a category, is that the most expensive and posh cigarette (Nat Sherman MCD) only generally costs about 20–33% more than the popular mass produced ones. I suppose gin is equally as unusual in that respect—the very best gin is only ~25 dollars—but beers, wines, vodkas, and whiskeys all have the 'best' ones costing far more than the common brands. So for this reason: I always had just bought the worlds best gin (Tanqueray) and cigarettes (Nat Sherman), since this really only costs about 20–33% more than average gin (Seagrams) and cigarettes (Marlboro)—certainly worth it.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Nicotine also inhibits the enzyme 3a-HSD, which degrades DHT into the less potent androstanediol. So, if it does increase 5-AR , the combination of the two would make it quite pro-androgen. The study below shows this effects is from physiological doses achievable by a smoker or a person using nicotine gums/patches.
Nicotine and cotinine effects on 3 alpha hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase in canine prostate. - PubMed - NCBI

And nicotine is also an aromatase inhibitor.
Nicotine blocks brain estrogen synthase (aromatase): in vivo positron emission tomography studies in female baboons. - PubMed - NCBI
Nicotine alters the expression of molecular markers of endocrine disruption in zebrafish. - PubMed - NCBI
Potential contribution of aromatase inhibition to the effects of nicotine and related compounds on the brain. - PubMed - NCBI

Peat said in a recent email exchange that nicotine's biggest benefit is probably on digestion, but I think those steroidal anti-estrogenic and proandrogenic effects are also something to keep in mind. Btw, even a single dose of 4mg nicotine daily was enough to see GI benefits and in fact a medical student famously took up smoking to cure his Crohn's disease.
'Doctors don't always know best:' Student claims he cured debilitating bowel disease by taking up smoking | Daily Mail Online

Jsaute21

Nicotine also inhibits the enzyme 3a-HSD, which degrades DHT into the less potent androstanediol. So, if it does increase 5-AR , the combination of the two would make it quite pro-androgen. The study below shows this effects is from physiological doses achievable by a smoker or a person using nicotine gums/patches.
Nicotine and cotinine effects on 3 alpha hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase in canine prostate. - PubMed - NCBI

Nicotine blocks brain estrogen synthase (aromatase): in vivo positron emission tomography studies in female baboons. - PubMed - NCBI
Nicotine alters the expression of molecular markers of endocrine disruption in zebrafish. - PubMed - NCBI
Potential contribution of aromatase inhibition to the effects of nicotine and related compounds on the brain. - PubMed - NCBI

Peat said in a recent email exchange that nicotine's biggest benefit is probably on digestion, but I think those steroidal anti-estrogenic and proandrogenic effects are also something to keep in mind. Btw, even a single dose of 4mg nicotine daily was enough to see GI benefits and in fact a medical student famously took up smoking to cure his Crohn's disease.
'Doctors don't always know best:' Student claims he cured debilitating bowel disease by taking up smoking | Daily Mail Online

I ran out of nicotine through organic pouches recently but can vouch for them being pro metabolic in virtually every way. I have absolutely no withdrawl symptoms from ceasing use either. Libido was uncomfortably high while administering i might add. Certainly a digestif, AI and nootropic from my experience all in one. Nothing a little diamant and nutrabio caffeine pills can't replace however.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I ran out of nicotine through organic pouches recently but can vouch for them being pro metabolic in virtually every way. I have absolutely no withdrawl symptoms from ceasing use either. Libido was uncomfortably high while administering i might add. Certainly a digestif, AI and nootropic from my experience all in one. Nothing a little diamant and nutrabio caffeine pills can't replace however.

Awesome. How much adamantane and caffeine in a single sitting do you use?

Jsaute21

Awesome. How much adamantane and caffeine in a single sitting do you use?

I use 16 MG Diamant with my first meal every morning, generally with a very small nibble of cynomel and 200-400 MG of caffeine depending how i am feeling. Diamant is an awesome supplement and helps with a heavy workload lately at the office. I will add that the effect of caffeine with diamant for me is extra effective. I went 200 MG which sat better than the 400 i used today.

Wagner83

I use 16 MG Diamant with my first meal every morning, generally with a very small nibble of cynomel and 200-400 MG of caffeine depending how i am feeling. Diamant is an awesome supplement and helps with a heavy workload lately at the office. I will add that the effect of caffeine with diamant for me is extra effective. I went 200 MG which sat better than the 400 i used today.
What do you notice from the diamant ? Haidut has spoken about the cholinergic effects of nicotine being a reason to not use it often, have you noticed negative effects related to those while on nicotine?
It sounds like regular use may not be ideal anyway How easily does nicotine tolerance develop? • r/Nootropics

Jsaute21

What do you notice from the diamant ? Haidut has spoken about the cholinergic effects of nicotine being a reason to not use it often, have you noticed negative effects related to those while on nicotine?
It sounds like regular use may not be ideal anyway How easily does nicotine tolerance develop? • r/Nootropics
Diamant is exactly as advertised. Lowers serotonin and is pro dopamine. Helps with ability to go without meals for me, though this might just be my health improving. I like to take breaks from anything i do, so nicotine is no different. I go through phases of using too much, using sparingly, and taking extensive time off. I don't buy into the addiction aspects of things like that. Addictions for cowards lol.

Wagner83

Diamant is exactly as advertised. Lowers serotonin and is pro dopamine. Helps with ability to go without meals for me, though this might just be my health improving. I like to take breaks from anything i do, so nicotine is no different. I go through phases of using too much, using sparingly, and taking extensive time off. I don't buy into the addiction aspects of things like that. Addictions for cowards lol.
Ok thanks. I don't necessarily worry about addictions but it seems the body always adapts if things are taken too regularly, since you take breaks you probably avoir the issue altogether.

Jsaute21

Ok thanks. I don't necessarily worry about addictions but it seems the body always adapts if things are taken too regularly, since you take breaks you probably avoir the issue altogether.

Absolutely. I do think being susceptible to addiction is a sign of low metabolism or being devoid of nutrients. I say that from personal experience. As metabolism has improved, it makes being reliant on things less severe if that makes sense. Pretty cool the way it all works.

jyb

Nicotine is very irritating to the lungs and for some reason when it’s in tobacco it irritates in a different kind of way. Most first time smokers also cough. I noticed this when I tried those nicotine inhalers and coughing is pretty much an immediate for any smoker vaping for the first time.

Breathing vaporised Propylene Glycol & Vegetable Glycerin may not be entirely safe but I’d wager it’s less damaging than breathing in freshly burnt tobacco smoke. I used to be out of breath walking up a flight of steps and exercise of any sort was not an option. I’ve been vaping for over 2 years consuming 60-80mg nicotine per day and bounce up long flights of steps without being even slightly out of breath (nose breathing of course). I buy 200mg/ml nicotine concentrate and mix my own fluid into a 12mg/ml solution very carefully.

Irritating to the lungs? Some people with asthma find smoking helpful.

D

Deleted member 5487

I will say
There has been a HUGE uptick in "Joule" vaping, or small concealable vapes with single replaceable pods. Do not mistake this for massive clouds being blown by three battery Mods.
juul1.png

Adults aged 18-25 have been increasingly using them, every girls Snap chat I see has one.
Particularly among-Sorority girls/Females in general. Which is interesting.

Almost every guy I know uses tobacco regularly. However it's sort of a habitual use rather than a chronic addiction.

For all of college/high school I have regularly used 1-3 Tobacco Dip/Cigs a day. So have my friends.

One thing I cannot wrap my head around is Chronic nicotine abuse. At my dads office their are women/men that smoke pack(s) a day which is mind blowing, and they must be extremely sick attempting to elevate symptoms.

I think a good dip/cig is relaxing and not chronic enough to kill me/cause cancer.

However I am entering the workforce in a month and stopping after college may be smart, since I could wake up at 35 being a pack a day for the last decade and be sick as ****. Ill be honest tho, I don't wanna stop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prometheus

I will say
There has been a HUGE uptick in "Joule" vaping, or small concealable vapes with single replaceable pods. Do not mistake this for massive clouds being blown by three battery Mods.
juul1.png

Adults aged 18-25 have been increasingly using them, every girls Snap chat I see has one.
Particularly among-Sorority girls/Females in general. Which is interesting.

Almost every guy I know uses tobacco regularly. However it's sort of a habitual use rather than a chronic addiction.

For all of college/high school I have regularly used 1-3 Tobacco Dip/Cigs a day. So have my friends.

One thing I cannot wrap my head around is Chronic nicotine abuse. At my dads office their are women/men that smoke pack(s) a day which is mind blowing, and they must be extremely sick attempting to elevate symptoms.

I think a good dip/cig is relaxing and not chronic enough to kill me/cause cancer.

However I am entering the workforce in a month and stopping after college may be smart, since I could wake up at 35 being a pack a day for the last decade and be sick as ****. Ill be honest tho, I don't wanna stop.
This is what I use regularly for nicotine. The JUUL has salt nicotine, which is much more potent. Tons of kids at my high school have them (a trend I kinda started at my school by accident haha). Anyways it’s extremely popular in high school and college campuses and is famous for giving you a massive buzz even after chronic use. I notice nicotine in the mornings wakes me up within a couple of hits of my juul, and helps digestion after eating a large meal. But one effect I notice more than anything is after hitting my juul I feel extremely confident, dominant, and no anxiety what so ever. Seems like nicotine in high amounts causes a rush through your head and many neurotransmitters are realeased that make you feel relaxed/confident. Although it is a stimulant and if used too much can really mess with you. I’ve found nicotine to be amazing for social situations and reducing any anxiety. Although the juul is pretty rough on the throat.

Broken man

Do you think that using electronic cigarette/ vape isnt harmful when I have problem with constipation? Thank you.

YourUniverse

So acute nicotine increases stress, chronic nicotine decreases stress, like caffeine.

What about nicotine's effect on glutamate, and GABA? Nicotine increases glutamate and decreases GABA, which isn't attractive. But is that effect from acute usage? Does the glutamate/GABA effect reverse with chronic use? Paging Mr. @DaveFoster , resident glutamate expert. Could this be reason to pair nicotine with aspirin?

Thank you very much

Last edited:

cyclops

Could any of the ingredients in Juul pods be problematic? Which are the most worrisome?

Here they are:

-Glycerol
-Propylene Glycol
-Benzoic Acid
-Nicotine
-Natural Oils Extracts
-Flavor

Terma

I think a part of the nootropic and feel-good effects from nicotine (from the acute exposure) may simply be increased 5-HT2a signaling combined with increased dopamine: Ketanserin, a 5-HT2 receptor antagonist, decreases nicotine self-administration in rats
This is reported as possible mechanism in other "cholinergic" nootropics.
(This has motivated me to try nicotine patches in the near future - non-chronically - though I haven't yet)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals