CoolTweetPete

^ I did the same. The price was definitely right. About 2 weeks as well to the US west coast.

The initial fatigue is unbelievable. I've gotten drowsy from Benadryl before, but my first 2mg dose of cypro made me groggy for more than 12 hours even with 600+mg of caffeine. Alas, I will continue and see if this effect lessens as others reported.

CoolTweetPete

@Lecarpetron

The order form should allow you to bypass that step. Just try to proceed.

BobbyDukes

^ I did the same. The price was definitely right. About 2 weeks as well to the US west coast.

The initial fatigue is unbelievable. I've gotten drowsy from Benadryl before, but my first 2mg dose of cypro made me groggy for more than 12 hours even with 600+mg of caffeine. Alas, I will continue and see if this effect lessens as others reported.

2mg is a lot for me, personally. I'm a 6ft1 male, and I cannot tolerate more than 0.5mg in one sporadic dose (I don't take it regularly though, so this is with zero tolerance). Taking anything more than that is just horrible (extreme drowsiness, anhedonia). I might as well write off the entire following day. Saying that, this drug is nothing in comparison to mirtazapine (probably because of the longer half life. Serious zombie somnolence).

0.5mg is sweet, though. It makes me happy (bordering on euphoric), but I also feel kind of dumb (it does something to my cognition that I don't like).

Last edited:

CoolTweetPete

2mg is a lot for me, personally. I'm a 6ft1 male, and I cannot tolerate more than 0.5mg in one sporadic dose (I don't take it regularly though, so this is with zero tolerance). Taking anything more than that is just horrible (extreme drowsiness, anhedonia). I might as well write off the entire following day. Saying that, this drug is nothing in comparison to mirtazapine (probably because of the longer half life. Serious zombie somnolence).

0.5mg is sweet, though. It makes me happy (bordering on euphoric), but I also feel kind of dumb (it does something to my cognition that I don't like).

I think this effect really does wear off over time. I took 2mg during work yesterday and was able to function fine, even did some resistance training after.

I took 6mg last night and woke up drowsy, but not nearly what I experienced when taking 2mg last week.

jaa

Anyone know how to order cypro to Canada? ADC does not ship here.

milk_lover

Taking charcoal with/after the offending food usually brings things under control for me. Cyproheptadine was useful for my "acute" phase but now I feel like it mostly makes me sleepy and I can get better results with other methods above.

Do you still take Charcoal haidut? I prefer charcoal to carrots as I can't stand the taste of carrots to be honest. Ray Peat says he is worried that the charcoal particles can enter the blood stream. I am asking this because you posted the above quote some time ago.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you still take Charcoal haidut? I prefer charcoal to carrots as I can't stand the taste of carrots to be honest. Ray Peat says he is worried that the charcoal particles can enter the blood stream. I am asking this because you posted the above quote some time ago.

I take it occasionally, but not often. Maybe once a week, and only if I feel gut issues. I like the carrot salad but in my experience it was not nearly as effective as 5-10 capsules charcoal.

milk_lover

I take it occasionally, but not often. Maybe once a week, and only if I feel gut issues. I like the carrot salad but in my experience it was not nearly as effective as 5-10 capsules charcoal.
so that's about 1.25g to 2.5g of charcoal? For some reason, my intestines don't like carrots. But when I do charcoal, I get very immediate shrinkage in the stomach area if I am bloated and I feel leaner if that makes sense. I guess once a week or in emergency situations, charcoal would be of help.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
so that's about 1.25g to 2.5g of charcoal? For some reason, my intestines don't like carrots. But when I do charcoal, I get very immediate shrinkage in the stomach area if I am bloated and I feel leaner if that makes sense. I guess once a week or in emergency situations, charcoal would be of help.

Each capsule is 280mg, so yeah about right. I think Ray said that for people taking it regularly the optimal frequency would be no more than 3 times weekly.

encerent

I like to take a fairly small dose of 1-2mg ~3 hrs before bed if I've had a stressful day or otherwise know that sleep sleep would be bad without it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals