6 Steps To Naturally Treat Histamine Intolerance

FitnessMike

Copper is pretty tricky and individual.
For me it only took 2-3 months to have massive relief of HIT. (-90% symptoms)

During that time I consumed daily..
around 1-2 oz of grass-fed beef liver, cooked mushrooms, boiled peeled potatoes as the major carbohydrate source and took supplemental whole food vitamin C.

I was on ~7-10mg of dietary copper probably at that time.

I played around with DAO supplementation which helped massively in the process, but if it does not help than you probably don‘t have an DAO deficiency but probably more issues with HNMT enzymes - that‘s where it might be useful to play around with methylated B-vitamins, optimizing SAMe production, homocysteine recycling and so on.
were you intolerant to high histamine foods?

I started eating beef again, and oh boy, the runny nose and sneezing is ruthless, I also had orange juice and stopped taking my desiccated liver & cacao.

Beef makes me feel way better so I need to figure it out. I'll try to add back cacao and some desiccated liver and drop the orange juice, if that won't work maybe try SAM-e.

youngsinatra

were you intolerant to high histamine foods?

I started eating beef again, and oh boy, the runny nose and sneezing is ruthless, I also had orange juice and stopped taking my desiccated liver & cacao.

Beef makes me feel way better so I need to figure it out. I'll try to add back cacao and some desiccated liver and drop the orange juice, if that won't work maybe try SAM-e.
Yes I used to have histamine intolerance.

Copper is only a factor when you are very deficient in it in my opinion. Usually low serum copper correlate with low DAO.

HNMT seems like the bigger issue for most people.

FitnessMike

youngsinatra

do you think its something permanent? or it could be addressed and fixed with SAM-e
No, I think it can be managed relatively well. Sometimes it can be also caused by SIBO or other types of dysbiosis.

Have you ever measured your homocysteine?

FitnessMike

No, I think it can be managed relatively well. Sometimes it can be also caused by SIBO or other types of dysbiosis.

Have you ever measured your homocysteine?
no never tested homocysteine.

ok so its either DAO or HNMT related then?

youngsinatra

I remember that TMG worked remarkably well for histamine lowering purposes. It was the one thing that fixed my premature ejaculation for a while. (also related to high histamine due to an undermethylated state)

FitnessMike

I remember that TMG worked remarkably well for histamine lowering purposes. It was the one thing that fixed my premature ejaculation for a while. (also related to high histamine due to an undermethylated state)
because as SAMe, TMG is a methyl donor?

how do you check if you are over or under methylator, or normal I guess? lol

FitnessMike

started taking super enzymes before main meals and histamine greatly reduced, so I guess my histamine was gut related which is something I did mot consider before

FitnessMike

Can you please share which specific product you take?
Super enzymes now food brand.

Started taking oregano oil before breakfast, and histamine reduced even more. So yes my histamine reaction is gut related, for the most part at least.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals