Is Estrogen Really Needed For Fat Loss?

JKX

No no, i havent lower it in purpose, it just happend. Im lean, have drank all my life a lot of coffee and smoke mildly. at mid 20 my Problems started and i measure Estrogen, it was clinical deficient (not detectable/ Under 10pg/ml). All my problems resolved (and maybe even my hair loss) by don't blocking aromatase through food and lifestyle. It helped me. How many others out there maybe have the same problem, but will never heal from because the dogma says it s always too much ? Seems everybody has to figure out by themselves. I just can help to look at it sober.

Chapter 24: Estrogens and Body Weight Regulation in Men its review with all studies as mentioned. Men likely do have low and no to much estrogen, especially because the measurement seem to be false in most case (up to 10 times false high!). But this is just my point of view. Make your own
I already have my own! And its a sober one! That review hasnt changed it in the slightest. You see what is put forward on this forum as dogma, but Ray is anything but dogmatic. The real dogma is the estrogen nonsense perpetrated by big pharma. Consistently manipulating studies in an attempt to prove their own agenda. Why the constant use of genetivally modified mice? A single man with a genetic defect used to prove that estrogen is liquid gold. Several statements reflecting testosterone in a positive light denegrated by the use of an aromatase inhibitor administered in the form of a liver toxic drug. Same old... I did have a good laugh when they started promoting estrogen for prostate cancer treatment though. That should be a criminal offence. Several studies confirm DHT to cure prostate cancer.

baccheion

Dht was 85, free t was 210 pgml,
Why not cut it all until E2 is ~28, leaving T at around 560 ng/dL? Are you trying to do more than replace? Fixing diet, sleep, and nutrient levels would likely lessen need for aromatisation.

Aries

@Shman Frontal also I dont think that aromatase deficiency is good model for studying estrogen effect on Bones. I think we can say that obesity is better model. I searched some studies and its not clear but fat mass is not good for bones for sure and fat means higher estrogen.
Obesity is also associated with chronic inflammation, nutrient deficiencies, diabetes, CVD/circulation issues and of course the physical stress of excess weight on joints. It is not that specific to estrogen and aromatase.

b555

Why not cut it all until E2 is ~28, leaving T at around 560 ng/dL? Are you trying to do more than replace? Fixing diet, sleep, and nutrient levels would likely lessen need for aromatisation.

I have been following a peat diet for 12 years now, taking preg, thyroid. Vit e, k2, ,magnesium, vit d via lamp.
I could reduce dose, but i dont feel as good with a lower t,e2

lilsticky

i wonder if grapefruit is good for weight loss. that fact that its estrogenic could mean that interacts with estrogen in a positive way

Broken man

Obesity is also associated with chronic inflammation, nutrient deficiencies, diabetes, CVD/circulation issues and of course the physical stress of excess weight on joints. It is not that specific to estrogen and aromatase.
But Its linked with high estrogen levels, I see it as better example because you dont know what everything aromatase do and what really is changed at those aromatase deficiency man.

baccheion

@JKX its just misleading since Testosteron is not needed in the first place. Moreover i could also do a study, blocking ALL Androgens and give myostatine Blocker and them say "look, Androgens are not required for muscle build". This study is nice ti know second effects but not in manner how the title says.

Estrogen is not needed? Tell it the Men who have genetic defect an Aromatase: they are tall, have mpb, their bones never Developed over the age of 14 (therefore they break easy) they tend to have lipid Problems, Insulinresistenz etc. Fits btw perfect to male who mpb. Estrogen is essential, there is no discuss in serious science about it.

Prolactin is a AI, its a loop. High Estrogen and high Prolactin do not go Hand in hand. Blocking Aromatase btw doesnt lower Prolactin in breast cancer. Often claimed, never proven.
Where was it shown aromatase deficiency in males is associated with balding?

I did notice puffy stomach, something that makes sense as estrogen decentralizes obesity.

Re.Generate

One thing that occurs to me that hasn’t been asked as of yet - by what means was your estrogen measured and found to be low and then high?

I ask because much has often be talked about by both ray and @haidut that blood serum means next to nothing in terms of bodily estrogen storage - not denying that maybe it is the case that we need some estrogen - but did you have your estrogen sulfate checked as well or was it only serum?

also you say your prolactin is low - but have not seen a value as of yet?

Not claiming to be any kind of expert but I have definitely heard this from various sides at various points

have also heard @haidut say a few times that the desirable range is to have estrogen in the lowest 25% and testosterone in the top 25% - as a big part of the debate has been the question of “how much do we need”

harry
Where was it shown aromatase deficiency in males is associated with balding?

I did notice puffy stomach, something that makes sense as estrogen decentralizes obesity.