Studies On Histamine's Effects

OP
redsun

redsun

Hi. Yes, I realized that I had vitamin deficiencies afterwards and took steps to tackle it. I take folic acid,b12 and I've tried all the b vitamins at one time or other, including riboflavin.

When it comes to copper, a hair mineral test gave me a low score but suggested I had hidden toxicity.

I'm definitely in a high serotonin state I think; just taking inositol really crashed my cognition previously and gave me terrible muscle spasms which still plague me.

Does histamine help to control sympathetic nerve tone? That test I took also suggested I was stuck in a parasympathetic state.

I'm looking chiefly at histamine due to my symptoms, that past window, and the fact it acts as a huge neuromodulator which can impact other systems. Also the fact I don't show flu symptoms normally.

I don't think it's as simple as just increasing histamine though.

I'm looking at the H3 receptor as a possible culprit given its complex role in the brain. For instance, I learnt that H3 receptors exert control over dopamine receptors, which is pretty big.

"Hidden" toxicity of copper is nonsense if it is showing low on the hair test its likely good or even low.

Histamine is very excitatory, it increases wakefulness and is very stimulating.

Copper is also stimulating even though its considered anti-histamine via DAO but the relationship between copper and estrogen and the fact that estrogen is also excitatory to the brain on its own and that mast cells have estrogen receptors on them shows its not that simple.

High serotonin state will keep you in a low thyroid, low energy (low sympathetic) type state. Thats where copper can possibly affect this positively by increasing its breakdown. Too much of course isnt good either. Zinc is important to creating more histamine but if zinc intake has never been a problem forcing more zinc in will increase histamine synthesis but its sedating by lowering iron and copper levels over time.

Usually people with higher thyroid will have more histamine:

Thyroid Hormone, Thyroid Hormone Metabolites And Mast Cells: A Less Explored Issue

What may be less of an issue of having too much copper, is that the levels of iron and copper imbalanced in the body. In other words iron levels could be too low, and low iron status will lead to low thyroid (lower T3) and thus lower histamine, but also lower catecholamines and other neurotransmitters will suffer as well all because thyroid is low because iron is lacking. Low copper and also cause low thyroid, as can low zinc, etc...

How much brain "energy" and "speed" you have is dependent on how well your histamine, glutamate, dopamine, noradrenaline, acetylcholine systems etc... are working, and these systems are heavily dependent on a good energy metabolism and good antioxidant system because nothing is free. It costs resources and increases oxidative stress to force neurotransmitters up too much without your antioxidation and energy metabolism being in a good place.

So histamine is a big part of a well-functioning CNS but there are many relationships between all these neurotransmitters so there's a lot to look at that may need to be paid attention to.

khan

I have high igE levels. Does it mean i have high histamine? I almost never get flu or cough.

JAM123

I have used as a stack daily:
2-4g L-histidine (base, not HCL but both work of course)
zinc (15-30mg should be the limit)
P5P (25mg the limit)

Some observations utilizing this stack:
  • Felt like my brain never got tired and was on the ball constantly yet it did not give the same stimulating feeling of taking a ton of caffeine at once.
  • Physical energy was somewhat increased, but mental energy and speed was especially increased.
  • Though physical energy barely changed, I wanted do things and whatever I already was doing planwise I had more zest for. Wanting/desire and having motivation for life is a big thing to me, and likely many others. Very positive, lively energy for the most part
  • Things were more enjoyable, felt very grounded in life. The increased wakefulness due to histamine brightens up your senses, especially visuals.
  • Had to be careful when I took the stack, as the meal I had and took with it would be my last. I would barely eat basically because of it.
  • Slept less and woke up easier. My muscles could be tired but my brain was wide awake.
  • I would heat up a lot at the gym, pumps also increased (I used to have barely any). Sweating increased too, which is not a positive but its whatever.
  • Doesn't make you "smarter", but makes your thinking processes better and faster and much more clear. Almost like it is allowing you to use more of your brain at once. So in that way the knowledge you do have you can utilize to a higher degree and also learning new things is MUCH easier.
  • Libido increased, though my libido wasnt a problem it just raised even more
  • Increased emotions (both positive and negative)
I have also used folic acid sometimes, but folic acid can be converted to tetrahydrofolic acid and convert histidine to glutamic acid. So if you take folic acid, you will have histamine and more glutamate action which can be good, or without folic acid you will have mostly histamine action (some of course will be converted to glutamic acid from the folic acid you have in the body). It also helps increase histidine retention probably, but this may only apply when you are deficient in folic acid.

Niacinamide can be used here as well as it may trigger more histamine to release. So you make it with histidine/zinc/B6, and B3 releases it. You will still release histamine normally without it, but it may make sense to take a small amount of B3 to maximize release. Debatable.
hey redsun, when using histidine how often do you take a break from it? Do you notice anything that tells you you’ve had enough?

Is it a coincidence why after severe physical injuries (that thus lead to lots of swelling/inflammation) many people gain weight more readily. Physical activity being reduced and the risk of depression because of the injury can trigger emotional eating, but it could also be histidine depletion causing low histamine eventually.
This makes a lot of sense. Before I got injured multiple times. I was pretty close to what is described as histadelic. I was eating 4-5,000 calories on average and would fluctuate between 135-140 pounds. Although, I felt good in every regard strength, muscle, waist size was tiny, libido was high, mood was good etc. After the injuries, I gained fat around the midsection/lower back, upper legs and a little on the chest. Obviously higher androgens are involved when one has a good exercise routine but histamine and dopamine are equally important. Do you think increasing protein intake would be a good move to increase histamine? Along with L-histidine. I want to work through the injuries and lose about 10 lbs of fat.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals