Some SOLID Bro Science On Balding

opson123

People who are balding, what is your reason for caring about it so much? Wouldn't it be easier to just shave your head and stop stressing about it? Keeping your head shaved is also, IME, really convenient. Here's a picture of a 72 year old bald man. Looks great.

yyrtu2z9v7751.jpg

Estradiol

People who are balding, what is your reason for caring about it so much? Wouldn't it be easier to just shave your head and stop stressing about it? Keeping your head shaved is also, IME, really convenient. Here's a picture of a 72 year old bald man. Looks great.

yyrtu2z9v7751.jpg

Stop BS

yyrtu2z9v7751.jpg
I also cures dandruff really fast :D

mrchibbs

If you don't care about balding, that's your right. And we have the right to care about it and discuss it. And by the way, the evidence is overwhelmingly clear: baldness doesn't happen for no reason. It's associated with hypothyroidism, elevated aldosterone, elevated prolactin, and pathological changes to the scalp (microinflammation, chronic neuromuscular tension and fibrosis). If it was ''natural'' or purely ''genetic'' it wouldn't be associated with anything, and we would be able to say that the follicles are ''programmed to miniaturize''. But those who have spent sometime researching the topic know that idea is pure horseshit.

Personally, I don't see it as a vain pursuit. If baldness was indeed genetic inevitability and was totally independent of other health problems, yeah I'd probably say meh, and shave my head. But that is not so, it is a very clear sign of things going wrong, and I think it's a very rewarding and fascinating topic to study, discuss and experiment with.

upload_2020-6-27_14-6-35.png

Ableton

If you don't care about balding, that's your right. And we have the right to care about it and discuss it. And by the way, the evidence is overwhelmingly clear: baldness doesn't happen for no reason. It's associated with hypothyroidism, elevated aldosterone, elevated prolactin, and pathological changes to the scalp (microinflammation, chronic neuromuscular tension and fibrosis). If it was ''natural'' or purely ''genetic'' it wouldn't be associated with anything, and we would be able to say that the follicles are ''programmed to miniaturize''. But those who have spent sometime researching the topic know that idea is pure horseshit.

Personally, I don't see it as a vain pursuit. If baldness was indeed genetic inevitability and was totally independent of other health problems, yeah I'd probably say meh, and shave my head. But that is not so, it is a very clear sign of things going wrong, and I think it's a very rewarding and fascinating topic to study, discuss and experiment with.

View attachment 18346
what explains above picture if things went so wrong for this dude?
why are there bald old men like this?

do you think nw1, fat is healthier then nw7 with androgens?

mrchibbs

what explains above picture if things went so wrong for this dude?
why are there bald old men like this?

do you think nw1, fat is healthier then nw7 with androgens?

Do you think he's necessarily the healthiest man? His physique is not reflective of anything, to me at least.

I don't understand your last question?

Ableton

Do you think he's necessarily the healthiest man? His physique is not reflective of anything, to me at least.

I don't understand your last question?

bald old men often have this androgenic youthness to their face in old age
why is this less indicative of health than hair?
if picard had hair he would pass as late 40s. he is 80.

basically my question is this: if hair loss is such a systemic issue, and people would regrow hair by fixing it, then why are there bald old men who look fine in literally any other aspect than hair? when they had this condition for decades? yet often have better faces than nw1s who supposedly do not have this issue.

what explains this?
androgens

Attachments

• Star-Trek-Picard-Uniform-pc-games.jpg
    Star-Trek-Picard-Uniform-pc-games.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

opson123

View attachment 18346
Yeah, great points.

opson123

lmao
nobody in the hair loss sub forum is this old
of course having hair does not matter at that age

below 45 and balding = massive penalty to you if not top 1%il face and decent height
I just thought he looked great even while bald.

Ableton

I just thought he looked great even while bald.
if it was indicative of systemic issues it kind of would be "the end of the world"
imagine having systemic issues for 5 decades and looking better than 98% of people your age

my grandpa was the same

mrchibbs

bald old men often have this androgenic youthness to their face in old age
why is this less indicative of health than hair?
if picard had hair he would pass as late 40s. he is 80.

basically my question is this: if hair loss is such a systemic issue, and people would regrow hair by fixing it, then why are there bald old men who look fine in literally any other aspect than hair? when they had this condition for decades? yet often have better faces than nw1s who supposedly do not have this issue.

what explains this?
androgens

I disagree with your explanation about androgens and ''better faces''. I'm just sharing my understanding based on what I've read and thought about.

But that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion. :)

Ableton

I disagree with your explanation about androgens and ''better faces''. I'm just sharing my understanding based on what I've read and thought about.

But that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion. :)
men facially age better than women
because of androgens I think

mrchibbs

men facially age better than women
because of androgens I think

Hmm. That could true, although that is not my perception. I think our standards for women are distorted vs. our standards for men.
And older men have less androgens and more estrogen, sometimes as much or more than women.

And I think women, if they're reasonably healthy, still produce some progesterone in their ovaries way past menopause, which I'm beginning to think plays a role in ''structuring'' the effects of estrogen. And some post-menopausal women who clearly have to more gonadal (ovarian) production get the ''androgenic'' features, so I think it's not really a sign of good endogenous androgen function. Anyway I'm going off on a tangent.

Ableton

anthropologically we can only speculate what good hair is for
we KNOW that muscles, and therefore the ability to GET muscle, was good for dominating nature and other humans

in other words, yes, I think this grandpa with a six pack is probably quite healthy, if he is natty
maybe our standards to health got distorted due to civilization and women getting to choose their mates

bald men climbing all sort of corporate ladders despite lookism is indicative of this

mrchibbs

anthropologically we can only speculate what good hair is for
we KNOW that muscles, and therefore the ability to GET muscle, was good for dominating nature and other humans

in other words, yes, I think this grandpa with a six pack is probably quite healthy, if he is natty
maybe our standards to health got distorted due to civilization

bald men climbing all sort of corporate ladders despite lookism is indicative of this

I think hair plays a role in interpersonal communication, extension of CNS, brain insulation, scalp protection (which would otherwise burn to a crisp), probably many other function.
After I had a big trauma and lost a lot of hair for a year, I found that it was easier to work and concentrate when I put a warm hat on, years later of course Ray confirmed the reasoning behind that.

I'm not saying this man is necessarily less healthy than a flabby nw1 guy. But his physiology is clearly different. I think to maintain such muscles at 72 he has to rely on a lot of stress hormones, but at the same time, his muscles are probably producing good testosterone themselves, and burning some fat at rest, so its not all bad. I think he's probably healthier than a skinny 72 year old who jogs everyday. Heredity plays in role in terms of physiological tendencies, and I think explains much of the differences between people. Clearly its possible to go bald during a period of degeneration and then to shift gears and ''become healthier'', but I don't think it's never to the point of reversing the effects of transgenerational impacts and decades of stress.

I don't care much about corporate ladders, or the drive to ''dominate'' in the business world. I don't think it's a healthy state of mind and body. Again, just my opinion.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals