Haidut's Recent Comments On Estrogen's Role In Hairloss

mrchibbs

I never said anyone owed me anything. I explained why many would PREFER physical proof in the form of pictures due to failed regimens that litter sites like these and the fact that each of our own individual time is precious. What really pissed me off was the conflating that I somehow don't care about my health because some anonymous internet "Hair Regrowth" savant hates that I won't blindly take his suggestions and opined that pics are better proof of the result.

I happen to love the RP forums. It's one of my favorite go to's on the planet. However, everything we discuss remains more "theory" than reality at this point - some of them very reasonable, but still just theory.

You can disagree, fine. But you cannot dismiss other people simply because they don't offer "proof". You're right, every mental construct is a theory. We're discussing physiological processes we won't ever really understand. No one is forcing you to do anything. And you certainly aren't helping your case with your disrespectful attitude. Say you disagree. Don't be sarcastic or insult people. If you truly love RP forums you should act accordingly and treat people here with respect and courtesy.

JDreamer

You can disagree, fine. But you cannot dismiss other people simply because they don't offer "proof". And you certainly aren't helping your case with your disrespectful attitude. Say you disagree. Don't be sarcastic or insult people. If you truly love RP forums you should act accordingly and treat people here with respect and courtesy.

I'm not dismissing. I jumped in and presented an "opinion" on why pictures are trusted more than just anonymous posting. I respect your ability to relay knowledge on this site, but please stop re-shaping my comments. The condescension didn't start on my end, it was in response to his. Thank you.

mrchibbs

I'm not dismissing. I jumped in and presented an "opinion" on why pictures are trusted more than just anonymous posting. I respect your ability to relay knowledge on this site, but please stop re-shaping my comments. The condescension didn't start on my end, it was in response to his. Thank you.

But you did. First you basically said that he was wasting other people's time, and then, and I quote:

Have fun with your fugazzi internet hair regrowth!

So you implied that his opinion and ideas were BS. Hardly a respectful comment. Several other members commented and saw the same things I did.

I'm not saying this to pick a fight. I've been guilty of losing my temper at times, so I'm not a saint. But your comments quickly caused the discussion to deteriorate.
We've had other good discussions on other threads, so I just hope we can put this little quarrel behind us and move forward in a positive way.

JDreamer

But you did. First you basically said that he was wasting other people's time, and then, and I quote:

So you implied that his opinion and ideas were BS. Hardly a respectful comment. Several other members commented and saw the same things I did.

I'm not saying this to pick a fight. I've been guilty of losing my temper at times, so I'm not a saint. But your comments quickly caused the discussion to deteriorate.
We've had other good discussions on other threads, so I just hope we can put this little quarrel behind us and move forward in a positive way.

Respectfully - we're done here. I'm not apologizing for being taunted (Haidut's Recent Comments On Estrogen's Role In Hairloss) and replying back the same way.

Back to talking about hair ........

JKX

You feel I taunted you? Yet I merely posted a response to one of your comments, check the post above that one. Why is anyone wasting their time? And why should any individual be able to decide who wasting their time and in what context? Granted, I could have gone about it without the dose of sarcasm...hindsight.

I havent forced anything on anyone. Merely posted an account of my own experience. If someone is able to glean something helpful from that, great. Aren't we all just here in an effort to improve our health?

This idea on fixing one's hair and walking off into the sunset is a little short sighted in my opinion. The reason Rays ideas are so appealing to me is that he is the only person I've read who presents their ideas in the context of a constantly changing organism in a constantly changing environment. Things are never static and therefore you're never really 'fixed'.

Risingfire

I haven't seen many people on this forum who have had success at stopping hair loss let alone regrowing as well as those using finastride, minoxidil etc. I my self have tried the peat way of stopping hair loss for over a year now with no success, so starting to think the androgen theory may be better, although I need to test that for my self. Most of the supplements discussed here caused me more problems than do any good even tho they were supposed to help. Now I'm not against the ray peat method of eating etc, as I find the diet can be helpful for genral health but find the stance on hair loss to be quite biased, as they ignore any evidence that's based on dht.

Btw there are studies on vitamin d, but vitamin d will only work when people have a diffiency, it's not supported for use in MPB. I have yet to see anyone even females grow hair from using progestrone and I haven't seen any males regrowing hair from it either.

Have you read any of the studies on dht and hairloss
Finasteride dropped my DHT into the low normal range and I still have no hair regrowth. The androgen theory is bunk

mrchibbs

That drug is nothing more than a toxic.

The more I read about it, the more finasteride scares me to death. It seems to really mess-up with the brain chemistry, in a what which isn't reversed after stopping it. Heck I would feel more comfortable recommending spironolactone vs. finasteride. Dutasteride interestingly doesn't seems to have as much neurological side-effects.

Finasteride dropped my DHT into the low normal range and I still have no hair regrowth. The androgen theory is bunk

@Pablo Cruise has some good info on topical finasteride, that would probably be much safer as it doesn't seem to affect systemic DHT levels.

DhtAssassin

How long did you use it ? Clinical trials (done by various parties, not only merc) show effectiviness in like 90 percent of people.

GenericName86

The more I read about it, the more finasteride scares me to death. It seems to really mess-up with the brain chemistry, in a what which isn't reversed after stopping it. Heck I would feel more comfortable recommending spironolactone vs. finasteride. Dutasteride interestingly doesn't seems to have as much neurological side-effects.

Do you think it's ever possible to reverse the effects it has on brain chemistry? As someone who took finasteride this worries me

mrchibbs

Do you think it's ever possible to reverse the effects it has on brain chemistry? As someone who took finasteride this worries me

Probably. I see no reason to be fatalistic, but I think what finasteride does is a really big shock on the system, so you probably need to "shock" the system in the opposite way to compensate and bring it back into shape. That may mean taking more pregnenolone and thyroid, along with maybe some exogenous progesterone/DHT, I don't know for certain. I really recommend Ray, Danny and Georgi's interview (#27). Ray talks about this precise topic.

Risingfire

How long did you use it ? Clinical trials (done by various parties, not only merc) show effectiviness in like 90 percent of people.
Clinical trials are great if you plan on living your life in a lab. In the real world plenty of men have been hurt bad by this poison. Go to propeciahelp.com and read the horror stories. I got off pretty easy considering some of the side effects other men experience. I had no regrowth and gained fat that is difficult to lose. I was never overweight before. It ruined my hormonal profile.

Even if it's "effective" for 90% of men, let me ask you two questions. First, what does effective actually mean? If it was so effective, wouldn't you see no bald people? Second, is it worth losing your manhood and gaining a limp ****?

Risingfire

@Pablo Cruise has some good info on topical finasteride, that would probably be much safer as it doesn't seem to affect systemic DHT levels.
Yes but I'll never take it again. I started using topical progesterone instead. No results hair wise but it definitely helps regulate blood sugar.

DhtAssassin

Clinical trials are great if you plan on living your life in a lab. In the real world plenty of men have been hurt bad by this poison. Go to propeciahelp.com and read the horror stories. I got off pretty easy considering some of the side effects other men experience. I had no regrowth and gained fat that is difficult to lose. I was never overweight before. It ruined my hormonal profile.

Even if it's "effective" for 90% of men, let me ask you two questions. First, what does effective actually mean? If it was so effective, wouldn't you see no bald people? Second, is it worth losing your manhood and gaining a limp ****?

That forum doesn't prove anything. I'm not saying that finasteride is healthy or anything, but it certainly isn't as bad as they suggest. Some users there claim that they got PFS from keto shampoo or minoxidil, so not sure how anyone could take them seriously. I'm trusting real numbers here.

mrchibbs

It's effective in the sense that it can stop the progression of hair loss in 50-90% of cases, depending on studies, at least for a couple of years (evidence of loss of effectiveness after 5 years). In terms of regrowth it's an average 10% increase in haircount, with younger men regrowing more hair and older men regrowing little to none.

5a-DHP

That forum doesn't prove anything. I'm not saying that finasteride is healthy or anything, but it certainly isn't as bad as they suggest. Some users there claim that they got PFS from keto shampoo or minoxidil, so not sure how anyone could take them seriously. I'm trusting real numbers here.

Finasteride is every bit as bad as they suggest. Anyone who argues otherwise either doesn't understand the underlying physiology, or is purposely deceiving themselves so that they don't have to address the fact they're taking a drug that sacrifices systemic health for hair. The way those who are severely effected are shut down and deemed as quacks by the hairloss community is disgusting.

A comprehensive 2020 review on this very topic (most will need to try sci-hub for access):
Consequences of steroid-5α-reductase Deficiency and Inhibition in Vertebrates.

I would never take that drug under any circumstance.

mrchibbs

Finasteride is every bit as bad as they suggest. Anyone who argues otherwise either doesn't understand the underlying physiology, or is purposely deceiving themselves so that they don't have to address the fact they're taking a drug that sacrifices systemic health for hair. The way those who are severely effected are shut down and deemed as quacks by the hairloss community is disgusting.

A comprehensive 2020 review on this very topic (most will need to try sci-hub for access):
Consequences of steroid-5α-reductase Deficiency and Inhibition in Vertebrates.

I would never take that drug under any circumstance.

Great article, thanks for sharing! And welcome to the forum (I noticed you joined not long ago)