Some SOLID Bro Science On Balding

Ableton

the drive to ''dominate'' in the business world. I don't think it's a healthy state of mind and body. Again, just my opinion.

I do not care for it either tbh, but it's hard to argue that its not exactly this drive (which is imo mostly the result of humans wanting to eat and have sex/make kids) that led us humans to where we are right now.

In general I find it quite contradictory that health seems to be made out to be this "natural" thing and as soon as you bring up the actual state of nature/evolution, health is supposed to be something different now

Zigzag

What is your height and weight?
6ft, 194 pounds. I seriously need to get bloodwork done, because I even have issues with losing weight. There's one problem, it's super expensive here where I live to get the full panel done, including vitamins and minerals, it sucks.

redsun

6ft, 194 pounds. I seriously need to get bloodwork done, because I even have issues with losing weight. There's one problem, it's super expensive here where I live to get the full panel done, including vitamins and minerals, it sucks.

If muscle mass is not really high at your height and weight, your protein intake is likely too high. 150g protein just from meat doesn't factor in the proteins in starches which can quickly add up. Also NAC should only be taken to help detox from drugs and not for very long. The diet easily provides cysteine, supplementing can make it excessive and excess cysteine is anti-thyroid.

120g from all food is likely sufficient with your stats I suggest you try it like that. When you cut even this is still more than adequate likely. Carbs help spare muscle not just protein.

Zigzag

Guys, do you think tretinoin could make me shed so bad? I've been using it on my face for a couple of months already, everyday. I'll drop it for now, but as far as I know it should actually HELP with the hairloss not promote it.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I am back guys and i have further went up the chain into one likely cause of balding.

Ive researched this from multiple angles and over and over again the one conclusion that comes up is metabolic syndrome. More specifically insulin Insensitivity leading to hyper-insulin issues.

But @GorillaHead theres literature to show that metabolic syndrome isnt related? True

But theres also research to show it is. So why the conflicting information? Because in most cases its not entirely systemic. Rather its peripheral hyper insulin whether its chronic and or acute each time damage can happen.

So what is the cause of this peripheral insulin problem?
Overactive sympathetic system. High adrenaline response. High cortisol

I will look for it later but I came across literature that showed adrenaline caused insulin dysfunction peripherally

and as one user pointed out hyperinsulin issues lead to edema which eventually leads to the entire Hairloss cascade we have been discussing here.

So what causes an overactive sympathetic system? Hypothyroid issues. (Keep in mind if u are hypothyroid and dont lose hair it doesnt invalidate this).

If your thyroid hormones are optimal. Then the next thing to target is GABA. This will inhibit the sympathetic system and increase peripheral blood flow.

So one way to increase GABA is to make sure your gut is functioning. Increase consumption of soluble fiber specific ones that increase butyric acid. If you are against soluble fiber then their is coconut oil this also increases butyric acid.

Their is a journal that showed consumption my preferred fiber apple pectin lead to lead to less adrenaline in the brain.

Also haidut showed that glycine can act as gaba in the cns so i would supplement with this. Also magnesium glycinate and B6

I see all these new threads talking about the angiotensin system and homeless people and hairloss.

Alot of this is all related to GABA and adrenaline. High chronic adrenaline damages vascularity alot. Also i have stabilized my hairloss without any finasteride for now.

i will report back if my own advice works.

Last edited:

baccheion

I am back guys and i have further went up the chain into one likely cause of balding.

Ive researched this from multiple angles and over and over again the one conclusion that comes up is metabolic syndrome. More specifically insulin Insensitivity leading to hyper-insulin issues.

But @GorillaHead theres literature to show that metabolic syndrome isnt related? True

But theres also research to show it is. So why the conflicting information? Because in most cases its not entirely systemic. Rather its peripheral hyper insulin whether its chronic and or acute each time damage can happen.

So what is the cause of this peripheral insulin problem?
Overactive sympathetic system. High adrenaline response. High cortisol

I will look for it later but I came across literature that showed adrenaline caused insulin dysfunction peripherally

and as one user pointed out hyperinsulin issues lead to edema which eventually leads to the entire Hairloss cascade we have been discussing here.

So what causes an overactive sympathetic system? Hypothyroid issues. (Keep in mind if u are hypothyroid and dont lose hair it doesnt invalidate this).

If your thyroid hormones are optimal. Then the next thing to target is GABA. This will inhibit the sympathetic system and increase peripheral blood flow.

So one way to increase GABA is to make sure your gut is functioning. Increase consumption of soluble fiber specific ones that increase butyric acid. If you are against soluble fiber then their is coconut oil this also increases butyric acid.

Their is a journal that showed consumption my preferred fiber apple pectin lead to lead to less adrenaline in the brain.

Also haidut showed that glycine can act as gaba in the cns so i would supplement with this. Also magnesium glycinate and B6

I see all these new threads talking about the angiotensin system and homeless people and hairloss.

Alot of this is all related to GABA and adrenaline. High chronic adrenaline damages vascularity alot. Also i have stabilized my hairloss without any finasteride for now.

i will report back if my own advice works.
Recession begins for everyone (including women) at the onset of puberty. For some, especially those with unfavorable genetics, it progresses faster than others.

I'm thinking it's due to the fall of melatonin (and hGH somewhat). Melatonin is associated with progesterone, lower DHT + estrogens. As soon as the teenage years end, reproduction mode would be shut down via cycling of megadose melatonin. Maybe high high amounts of magnesium would also work.

Magnesium is associated with IGF-1, ACTH (DHEA and less cortisol in this case), lowering inflammation and oxidative stress, etc. One thing done by progesterone and also testosterone is biasing toward retention of magnesium and potassium.

More magnesium is needed in hypo and hyper thyroid states.

Eating and living well is also required. Net alkaline PRAL score, foods compatible with gut, meeting all RDAs, sufficient quality sleep, keeping melatonin and DHEA at least at the level of a 19 year old, etc.

Unsure how recession would be reversed, but upping magnesium and retention seems like a major step in prevention/slowing.

And vitamin K2 MK-4.

Last edited:

PaRa

About some homeless people, they may still have hair because of low IGF1 diet : sugar and alcool, but not a lot of meat or protein and likely lowish calories, btw some are obese, have to watch for them.
Will explore some streets looking for homeless, what a guilty occupation lol

PaRa

All these people suffer from anxiety. And of course GABA and anxiety are related.

t
hey all are bald. Balding. Or have horrible hair recession with a few exceptions who happen to be women.

very very very interesting

miror like forehead
Puffy face

Cortisol, sebum

So something like calcium/magnesium/butyrate would be good for GABA increase?

It also looks vital for sufferers of leaky gut 'Butyrate serves to close tight junctions and prevent the dysbiosis commonly known as leaky gut'.

I'm going to try calcium/magnesium/butyrate :):, it is also supposed to increase bowel regularity, nice.

Last edited:
OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

So something like calcium/magnesium/butyrate would be good for GABA increase?

It also looks vital for sufferers of leaky gut 'Butyrate serves to close tight junctions and prevent the dysbiosis commonly known as leaky gut'.

I'm going to try calcium/magnesium/butyrate :):, it is also supposed to increase bowel regularity, nice.

Butyrate smells. Try apple pectin or coconut oil they convert to butyric acid. In the gut.
Def give this a try. Also vitamin C and lysine. I feel the linus pauling protocol is very important.

also gaba increases elastin. Extremly vital for hair. Shown to grow hair in studies.

Butyrate smells. Try apple pectin or coconut oil they convert to butyric acid. In the gut.
Def give this a try. Also vitamin C and lysine. I feel the linus pauling protocol is very important.

also gaba increases elastin. Extremly vital for hair. Shown to grow hair in studies.

@GorillaHead
Doesn't Pectin give you gut distress?, also how do you stop it clumping in liquid, heat perhaps?

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

@GorillaHead
Doesn't Pectin give you gut distress?, also how do you stop it clumping in liquid, heat perhaps?

makes my gut super super awesome! Its the best fiber supplement i have ever taken.

Inulin gives me Gas. Other forms just pack on to my stools. If fiber is giving u distress maybe theres another issue?

opson123

makes my gut super super awesome! Its the best fiber supplement i have ever taken.

Inulin gives me Gas. Other forms just pack on to my stools. If fiber is giving u distress maybe theres another issue?
Do you eat a pectin supplement, or do you just eat apples or drink cloudy apple juice?

GreekDemiGod

I once lived a homeless life for 2-3 days, when I first arrived in the US in NYC. First day was difficult, felt very stressed. The 2nd and 3rd day, something happened, it's like the stress became a part of me. Could it be that maybe the body normalizes the adrenaline / stress response, and you also reach a point where you just stop giving too much *****, and that in itself, promotes gaba.
My theory is that homeless people are not chronically stressed. In fact, the people whose purpose is to rise through the corporate ladder, are the most stressed.