The Cause Of Baldness

Runenight201

Whats you guys opinion on topical semen (after dermarolling for absorption). Contains a LOT of PGE2 as well as spermidine.

Not to mention the esoteric aspect of the whole thing considering science is not able to grasp everything that goes on.
When I was in high school I had a friend who told us all to rub semen into our faces whenever we had an acne breakout. I don’t think I ever laughed harder in my entire life.

Idk about that one dude, there’s probably better ways to achieve regrowth.

ursidae

what people will do for hair growth is concerning
who would want for their appearance to signal to potential mates or rivals that their health is poor? That they belong to the bottom of the barrel? hair loss is FAR from the worst form of disfigurement, but I don’t consider wanting to look healthy vanity, people just want to survive

mrchibbs

who would want for their appearance to signal to potential mates or rivals that their health is poor? That they belong to the bottom of the barrel? hair loss is FAR from the worst form of disfigurement, but I don’t consider wanting to look healthy vanity, people just want to survive

+1

Kenny

I didn't mean to sound judgmental of either of those therapies

if I believed they worked I would do it myself lol

johnwester130

Why would ketogenic diet be the answer? Going keto is inly going to make things a lot worse for You.

The answer isnt simply diet.

All i know is there 8 guys i know who have type 1 diabetes. Amazing hair.

a search on famous people with type 1 diabetes. All good hair!

guess who has type 1 in this photo

Probably needed more protein than that, based on what I read..

5/20/75% c/p/f%

And even then, many of his ideas on CO2, serotonin, etc. only began to take form in the 1990s, when he was in his early 60s. It's like his speech, many people say he sounds "old" or frail on the phone, but he sounded exactly the same in 1996.

If you read Nutrition for Women, a lot of it is still good stuff, but you can see how dated it is in some parts. Ray wrote a preamble to the book explaining that he'd rather not rewrite what we wrote then, but instead leave it as it was. This little intro is an amazing read btw, everyone should read it.

His hair is clearly thinner than it was when he was young, but it's still a reasonably full head of hair for an 80+ year old man. I suspect anyone who takes active steps to correct their life environment earlier say in their 20s or 30s, could get even better results. In the end however, it's undeniable that the process of early development and hormonal imprinting can make some people more resilient, and others, seemingly always at the short end of the stick.

couldn’t phrase it better! Oh well, people on the internet are massively self centered. Can’t think beyond what’s happening to their own precious snowflake life right here right now. Tons of OCD behavior.

what’s ironic is that this quest for absolute perfection is such a stress that I’ve come to think that the whole anti aging movement is in and of itself pro aging. Like I’ve said elsewhere, I know guys who are 150lbs soaking wet, with all of 200 hairs left on their skull, act knowledgeable because of hitting the gym 6 days a week and eating 7 times a day... yet we all know that’s being neurotic. It actually becomes amusing to me. If I share pictures of what I looked like on TRT and turinabol preworkout back in 2017 “you must’ve been on grams o’ gear and train and eat like it’s a full time job!!!” ... no. When friends ask me how hard it is to maintain during a pandemic with no gym accessible “you‘re good with pushups and bands only?? No way man”. Hair regrowth routine? 2 pills a week and some plant based shampoo. How many supplements? A b complex and vitamin D for winter months. No caffeine taurine coQ10 ashwagandha thyroid what have you.

I sincerely doubt Ray Peat is on an intricate elaborate plan with 15 alarms a day to remind him he has some magic pill he needs to take. His vibe is one that doesn’t give too many f**ks.

preserve your f**ks, keep it basic, no need to try so hard chasing results, and results shall come.

Me too please

It seems Travis has passed on.

travis said use spironolactone to reduce cortisol - but it actually only blocks Aldosterone

to block the glucocorticoid receptor you need ketoconazole, or miconazole which does not block the androgen receptor. you can buy it as fungoid tincture

what have I misunderstood?

GorillaHead

travis said use spironolactone to reduce cortisol - but it actually only blocks Aldosterone

to block the glucocorticoid receptor you need ketoconazole, or miconazole which does not block the androgen receptor. you can buy it as fungoid tincture

what have I misunderstood?

cortisol also binds to mineral corticoid receptor

johnwester130

okay thanks

travis was right, cortisol causes baldness, this man used miconazole to regrow hair

however most people don't use it because they think it is vaginal cream, when actually you can also buy it as a liquid tincture for toenail fungus.
it blocks the glucocorticoid receptor, only about 5 drugs do this, also it doesn't block the androgen receptor like ketoconazole.
this is also far easier to acquire than spironolactone

johnwester130

Generative Energy is his masterpiece. But PMS to Menopause and Nutrition for Women are also amazing. Mind and Tissue is a bit different, and was written earlier (more technical).

It seems Travis has passed on.

Isn’t licorice root extract also used for hair removal???

travis was right, cortisol causes baldness, this man used miconazole to regrow hair

however most people don't use it because they think it is vaginal cream, when actually you can also buy it as a liquid tincture for toenail fungus.
it blocks the glucocorticoid receptor, only about 5 drugs do this, also it doesn't block the androgen receptor like ketoconazole.

this is also far easier to acquire than spironolactone which only acts on the aldosterone receptor, but It also blocks the cortisol receptor from my new understanding

Mossy

this is also far easier to acquire than spironolactone which only acts on the aldosterone receptor, but It also blocks the cortisol receptor from my new understanding
There was some discussion about miconazole about six months back, And I did find a product for the feet, but it was powder. I was mixing that powder into oils and applying them. Maybe I’ll try water or isopropyl alcohol.

johnwester130

There was some discussion about miconazole about six months back, And I did find a product for the feet, but it was powder. I was mixing that powder into oils and applying them. Maybe I’ll try water or isopropyl alcohol.

it is already sold in alcohol

just google fungoid tincture

or in europe,
miconazol 20ml Castellani

the powder doesn't look great

keytothecity

I tried mico cream for a couple months and noticed absolutely no difference despite good thyroid function

Nebula

I think the magic bullet (in terms of greatly reducing inflammation) is hydrogen water and browns gas, both for hair and general health. Good food is second tier and third would be peaty substances like aspirin, MB, EOs etc. A lot of my issues have drastically reduced since I start drinking H2 water so I think getting gassed (pun intended) is the other element I'll be focusing on in the future (when I can afford a BG machine). Like @LeeLemonoil said though, hairloss is multifaceted and complex.... I think hydrogen is where it's at for starters and it's the least talked about from my investigation. I, being a health research for years, refused to look at hydrogen because I thought it was bunk... It wasn't until reading @ecstatichamster's posts that I realized I was missing out on something monumental....

***When I can confirm hair regrowth, I'll make this confirmed statement. Until then this is more speculation on my part.
I’ve been drinking and apply hydrogen water to my scalp the last few days and it’s definitely decreasing my scalp inflammation. Better than anything else I’ve ever tried. I think I’m using the same device as you, the Hydrogen for Health PEM nano generator using Evian water bottles. I soak a cloth in the hydrogen water and keep reapplying it to keep my scalp moist for at least a half hour.

I think it might be changing my scalp microbiome for the better too. My hair looks more hydrated and clean. Sebum seems to have decreased. It’s only been a few days and I’m already very pleased with the results.

The spot where the inflammation was the worst on my scalp was where my hair was thinning the worst. It feels much better. Close to normal. Looking forward to see how things progress over the next month if it’s already improved this much and if any regrowth begins to happen.

Mossy

it is already sold in alcohol

just google fungoid tincture

or in europe,
miconazol 20ml Castellani

the powder doesn't look great
OK, thanks for the additional info.

Mossy

I tried mico cream for a couple months and noticed absolutely no difference despite good thyroid function
interesting. Maybe that was not the missing link for you, If it even is for anyone. I have read and seen YouTube videos where it works for women.

johnwester130

spiro has no effect on cortisol?

In any case, the levels of most steroid hormones, including testosterone and cortisol, are usually unchanged by spironolactone in humans, which may in part be related to compensatory upregulation of their synthesis.[113][131][190] The weak steroidogenesis inhibition of spironolactone might contribute to its antiandrogenic efficacy to some degree and may explain its side effect of menstrual irregularities in women.[113][114] However, its androgen synthesis inhibition is probably clinically insignificant.[54]

Spironolactone has been found in some studies to increase levels of estradiol, an estrogen, although many other studies have found no changes in estradiol levels.[113][131] The mechanism of how spironolactone increases estradiol levels is unclear, but it may involve inhibition of the inactivation of estradiol into estrone and enhancement of the peripheral conversion of testosterone into estradiol.[191][192] It is notable that spironolactone has been found in vitro to act as a weak inhibitor of 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 2, an enzyme that is involved in the conversion of estradiol into estrone.[193][194] Increased levels of estradiol with spironolactone may be involved in its preservation of bone density and in its side effects such as breast tenderness, breast enlargement, and gynecomastia in women and men.[191][195][196]

In response to the antimineralocorticoid activity spironolactone, and in an attempt to maintain homeostasis, the body increases aldosterone production in the adrenal cortex.[197][198][199] Some studies have found that levels of cortisol, a glucocorticoid hormone that is also produced in the adrenal cortex, are increased as well.[198][199][200] However, other clinical studies have found no change in cortisol levels with spironolactone,[138][201][85][202] and those that have found increases often have observed only small changes.
[203]

Jack Earth

spiro has no effect on cortisol?

In any case, the levels of most steroid hormones, including testosterone and cortisol, are usually unchanged by spironolactone in humans, which may in part be related to compensatory upregulation of their synthesis.[113][131][190] The weak steroidogenesis inhibition of spironolactone might contribute to its antiandrogenic efficacy to some degree and may explain its side effect of menstrual irregularities in women.[113][114] However, its androgen synthesis inhibition is probably clinically insignificant.[54]

Spironolactone has been found in some studies to increase levels of estradiol, an estrogen, although many other studies have found no changes in estradiol levels.[113][131] The mechanism of how spironolactone increases estradiol levels is unclear, but it may involve inhibition of the inactivation of estradiol into estrone and enhancement of the peripheral conversion of testosterone into estradiol.[191][192] It is notable that spironolactone has been found in vitro to act as a weak inhibitor of 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 2, an enzyme that is involved in the conversion of estradiol into estrone.[193][194] Increased levels of estradiol with spironolactone may be involved in its preservation of bone density and in its side effects such as breast tenderness, breast enlargement, and gynecomastia in women and men.[191][195][196]

In response to the antimineralocorticoid activity spironolactone, and in an attempt to maintain homeostasis, the body increases aldosterone production in the adrenal cortex.[197][198][199] Some studies have found that levels of cortisol, a glucocorticoid hormone that is also produced in the adrenal cortex, are increased as well.[198][199][200] However, other clinical studies have found no change in cortisol levels with spironolactone,[138][201][85][202] and those that have found increases often have observed only small changes.
[203]
Can spiro be applied topically on scalp without going systemic?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals