Haidut's Recent Comments On Estrogen's Role In Hairloss

DhtAssassin

You and others are certainly not selling anything. However, everyone's time is just as important as money. Some people waste months and years on all these protocols without consistent visual evidence that it works. Hence why most rational people are not going to listen to "talk" or should I say theory. At the end of the day, that's all this is. Btw I agree with most of your posts!

If you post photos, nobody is forcing you to respond to other people. Just the act of posting them is enough generosity.

I actually think the mentality of "I've regrown my hair with diet, but I won't post photos" is very common. Usually it's because people weren't balding in the first place and their before/after photos are the same. If pure diet changes could regrow hair or stop MPB, we would have known already. I don't want to discuss this at this point, but I'm afraid some people might believe him and waste their time and hair while trying to beat MPB with diet only... It's internet, we should all know that you shouldn't believe in random strangers unless they have a solid proof for their claims.

JKX

It wasn't just diet.:rolleyes:

I used supplements, thyroid, preg, prog and DHEA at various times throughout. No doubt I will require them again over the winter and I will use them, as required.

Hair growth should be seen as a side effect of optimal health. So why not concentrate efforts on trying to achieve optimal health? Seems a far better tactic than searching for a magic bullet 'cure'. But thats just my opinion.

People have a right to choose their own path and neither you nor I have a right to dictate that. If you dont like the post, you dont have to read it and you certainly dont have to agree with it. I mearly posted my own experience. Nothing more.

jonnytrigger

It wasn't just diet.:rolleyes:

I used supplements, thyroid, preg, prog and DHEA at various times throughout. No doubt I will require them again over the winter and I will use them, as required.

Hair growth should be seen as a side effect of optimal health. So why not concentrate efforts on trying to achieve optimal health? Seems a far better tactic than searching for a magic bullet 'cure'. But thats just my opinion.

People have a right to choose their own path and neither you nor I have a right to dictate that. If you dont like the post, you dont have to read it and you certainly dont have to agree with it. I mearly posted my own experience. Nothing more.

some of the supplements you mentioned are hard to get in the uk, where do you get em from

JKX

IdeaLabs Online Store

I'd stongly recommend doing blood tests and reading up on preg, prog and DHEA before supplementing. Putting something you do not have a reasonable understanding of into your body is not a good idea. This forum is a good place to start.

JDreamer

I actually think the mentality of "I've regrown my hair with diet, but I won't post photos" is very common. Usually it's because people weren't balding in the first place and their before/after photos are the same. If pure diet changes could regrow hair or stop MPB, we would have known already. I don't want to discuss this at this point, but I'm afraid some people might believe him and waste their time and hair while trying to beat MPB with diet only... It's internet, we should all know that you shouldn't believe in random strangers unless they have a solid proof for their claims.

EXACTLY!

It means nothing to the other poster though. It's not their own time being wasted.

JKX

I know...it's terrible that someone might want to invest a little time to improve their health. How very dare they!

@jonnytrigger

It will take significantly longer than a year to notice any difference in hair regrowth. By the time most people notice hair loss it has been going on for at least 3-4 years, possibly more. An acute, high stress event can definitely push things in the wrong direction very quickly too though.

In general hairloss is the result of a large metabolic deficit thats been playing out through the summer and winter cycles of gain and loss over a long period of time. Even metabolically healthy individuals will lose hair during the stressful winter months. Its just that hair is so abundant it isnt really noticable.

It took me around 18 months to stop hair loss following a very traumatic period. Using Rays work I've regrown almost everything I lost which has taken around 3-4 years. My hair is thick, shiny and healthy, now as much so as in my teens.

I cannot believe any young guy would seriously consider going near the poor mans progesterone drugs. It never crossed my mind. These are dangerous and will have significant long term health effects. Keep in mind there is no miracle cure. You need to steer things into anabolism and keep them anabolic during spring, summer and early autum. This will also help mitigate the energy deficit to come during the harsh winter months.

For some reason people expect that miracles are going to happen in the space of a few months... that's unrealistic. You have to give things time. Be consistent, be patient, but enjoy your life.

I'd recommend you stick with improving metabolism for at least another 2-3 years. DHT makes hair stiff and strong. It does not make hair fall out.
Do you think using a UVB lamp during winter would be useful?

JKX

I use a sun bed once per week during the winter. I've used red light, but didnt notice much from it. I've never used a UVB lamp.

5a-DHP

some of the supplements you mentioned are hard to get in the uk, where do you get em from

I'm in the UK and source all of those supplements without much trouble.

Idealabs, amazon, foreign pharmacies and iherb are all you need.

mrchibbs

Don't flatter yourself man. First you suggest I waste my money flying out to see you and now you want to be condescending. Have fun with your fugazzi internet hair regrowth!

Jesus. Why does the conversation always have to deteriorate so badly. Learned helplessness is indeed a real thing. Let's be nice to one another. Nobody owes you pictures of their scalp, and yet their opinion is still valid. If you don't value it simply refrain from participating in the discussion.

Nobody here is posting protocols. You choose what you do with your own time. If you don't think there's anything of value here, or you're wasting your time, then don't stick around RPF! The way you're talking about all anecdotes are worthless unless you somehow see proof. That's not the way life works. We discuss the evidence and we support it the best we can, with our own understanding and life experiences. Let's keep these forums constructive.

Last edited:

mrchibbs

I know...it's terrible that someone might want to invest a little time to improve their health. How very dare they!

Don't worry man, I for one (and I'm sure many others) appreciate your posts greatly. Don't be discouraged! Your posts are informative and valuable.

rr1

Don't flatter yourself man. First you suggest I waste my money flying out to see you and now you want to be condescending. Have fun with your fugazzi internet hair regrowth!
I truly believe that with attitude like this you will never have any hope in stopping your hair loss, even if you are doing all of the right things.
I know, because I used to be just like you.

hierundjetzt

I appreciate people always want proof, but I'm not going to post photos on a public forum! Ever. Im not even a fan of social media! Whether or not you choose to believe me is your right and that's fine.

This may sound harsh, but I really dont care if anyone believes me or not... I think this state of mind is probably just reflective of a good metabolism. In reality...fixing this issue is solely down to you and you alone. Embrace the challenge.

You sound a little lost... which is fine! There is a lot to take on board. This isnt easy, hairloss can no doubt stem from multiple causes.

Improving your energy production can only help, but there is no guarantee of a full reversal. Not being negative, just realistic. Life can be incredibly tough sometimes. A lot may depend on your age, state of health, environment. Its very complex.

I have a couple of friends who lost their hair around 20 yet they look healthy. Good personalities and good skin quality, bone structure etc. Both now married with children so try not to fret about attracting a partner. It comes down to more than just hair! There are pieces of the puzzle that we simply do not know, but stress has to be a major contributory factor. Ray's arguments are just too compelling.

A few thoughts...

If you havent watched all of Danny Roddy's material I would recommend doing so. Ray has a plethora of interviews, lots of which are posted on this forum.

There is also a book by a fomer forum member Nathan Hatch, **** Portion Control. If you are able, I would recommend purchasing it. Its a great read and it presents Rays work in an easy to digest format with some additional information from Nathan. Its also an entertaining read and well worth the money.

Thyroid markers arent much use in my opinion. I had a TSH of 0.8 and was loosing hair. Cortisol can suppress TSH. Temp and pulse is a much better metric along with heat in the extremities - feet, hands, nose and ears.

I'd recommend a blood test for vitamin D and prolactin as a starting point, if you havent already tested these. Will give you something to work with.

Clean the gut and clean the liver:

Fibre is under rated! Keeping your gut moving is imperative. 2-3 bowel movements per day is a good aim.

Clean your liver. Low PUFA. Taurine, glycine, vitamin E, aspirin, B2 and B3 are helpful for this. Your eyes should be clear, white and shiny. Big indicator of liver health/ gut health in my opinion. If you are struggling to picture this, look at the eyes of a child...the picture of health.

I would strongly urge you to stick with improving your metabolic health for another year or two. Give it a chance. The choice however remains yours.
I absolutely agree. Why are people constantly asking for pictures? I myself also would not ever consider posting pictures (which can deceive anyway). Either one takes his advise and insight, or one doesn't.

JKX

Perhaps it just my sense of humour? We Scots can be a bit of a piss taking bunch, but its usually meant in a light hearted manner! On a forum, this probably doesnt always come across I guess.

Its funny, but when things were going south for me I was incredibly grumpy at times. Now that things are better I rarely feel like this. Although the occasional moments still arise!

Nathan Hatch recently posted something on his web page that resonated with me... along the lines of being able to completely control the input to a process but having absolutely no control of the outcome or to what degree that outcome is successful. I am glad to have found Ray's work and all things connected to it.

jonnytrigger

btw is anyone on this thread actually suffering from hair loss or MPB currently?
I absolutely agree. Why are people constantly asking for pictures? I myself also would not ever consider posting pictures (which can deceive anyway). Either one takes his advise and insight, or one doesn't.

its just human nature to seek visual evidence tbh, that's why many don't believe in god

JDreamer

That's just you! If the day comes I regrow mine, you can bet your **** I'm posting pictures as proof because I'll remember what it was like trying to comb thru all the internet nonsense and failed recommendations. Then I'll move on my merry way because there'll be nothing left to discuss.

You're trying to hard to ignore the obvious reasons people want pictures as proof.

JDreamer

Jesus. Why does the conversation always have to deteriorate so badly. Learned helplessness is indeed a real thing. Let's be nice to one another. Nobody owes you pictures of their scalp, and yet their opinion is still valid. If you don't value it simply refrain from participating in the discussion.

Nobody here is posting protocols. You choose what you do with your own time. If you don't think there's anything of value here, or you're wasting your time, then don't stick around RPF! The way you're talking about all anecdotes are worthless unless you somehow see proof. That's not the way life works. We discuss the evidence and we support it the best we can, with our own understanding and life experiences. Let's keep these forums constructive.

I never said anyone owed me anything. I explained why many would PREFER physical proof in the form of pictures due to failed regimens that litter sites like these and the fact that each of our own individual time is precious. What really pissed me off was the conflating that I somehow don't care about my health because some anonymous internet "Hair Regrowth" savant hates that I won't blindly take his suggestions and opined that pics are better proof of the result.

I happen to love the RP forums. It's one of my favorite go to's on the planet. However, everything we discuss remains more "theory" than reality at this point - some of them very reasonable, but still just theory.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals