Why Does Lowering Estrogen Slow My Hair Loss? (Interesting experience)

Peeno

I don't know if this happens to anyone else but I find it strange and want to hear this forums ideas.

Whenever I lower aromatase and estrogen via either white button mushrooms, melatonin or K2 mk4 my hair texture improves (feels fuller stronger and less oily and less itchy) basically less balding symptoms. I also shrink in the spine (get smaller) and have less muscular strength and energy.

My theory is that when my Estrogens go up it either sensetises androgen receptors or increases 5ar activity in the bodily tissues like skin and muscle. Anyway I just want to hear any hair loss experts opinions.

For the record I suffer mpb and was able to halt it and maintain with zix a topical b6 and zinc formula. Thanks.

Peeno

I've been googling and found that E2 raises igf1 binding, perhaps my hair loss is driven by igf1?

Edit:
IGF-1 can potentiate androgen signaling through AR activation.

Guess I found the answer, E2 increases igf1, skin fibroblasts and androgen signaling for T and dht to bind to.

Last edited:
I have the complete opposite experience (similar to most people) - everything that lowers estrogen destroys my hair, in fact going through it right now after a stint of Tamoxifen. K2 MK4 made it worse too. MK7 makes it better short term since it has 5-AR inhibiting properties...doesn't really stop the loss in the long run though.

Scenes

I have the complete opposite experience (similar to most people) - everything that lowers estrogen destroys my hair, in fact going through it right now after a stint of Tamoxifen. K2 MK4 made it worse too. MK7 makes it better short term since it has 5-AR inhibiting properties...doesn't really stop the loss in the long run though.
Does tocovit? I used to think like you and have similar experiences with k2 but tocovit makes my hair better and it is a strong estrogen antagonist.

Does tocovit? I used to think like you and have similar experiences with k2 but tocovit makes my hair better and it is a strong estrogen antagonist.

Haven't tried Tocovit. I tried Vitamin E acetate (only a-tocopherol) and I think that had a negative effect though it did improve erections and libido marginally (those two things always seem to be on the opposite side of the spectrum vs. hair).

Regarding TocoVit one of the things that puts me off is that it apparently contains trace policosanols and I've had a REALLY bad experience taking a policosanol supplement (they are known to affect 5-AR and as someone with PFS I am sensitive to that).

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
F Does Lowering Estrogen Actually Help Male Sexual Function? Sexuality 41
D Does Lowering Cholesterol Lower Estrogen? Ask For Help or Advice 9
J Does Pomegranate Have An Endotoxin Lowering Effect? Beverages, Fruits, Sugars 10
jamies33 How Long Does It Take To See The Blood-calcium Lowering Effect Of High Dietary Calcium? Blood Work, Labs 6
D Does B-50 cause anhedonia? Water-Soluble Vitamins 9
yerrag Does Anyone Have References that Validate the Use of Urine pH as a Proxy for Blood/ECF pH? Acidity vs. Alkalinity 42
A Penis Does Not Get Quite As Hard As It Used To Ask For Help or Advice 35
Hgreen56 Does milk or calcium raise gaba? Milk 2
S Does speed of magnesium spray absorption correlate current levels of magnesium in system? Ask For Help or Advice 0
M Does magnesium glycinate increase dht? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 8
ScurveDream Leanness and physiology -- how does it all work (more of a rant)? Metabolism 1
lvysaur Does chicken digest faster than beef? Meat 4
deliciousfruit Does liver from grain-fed animals contain vitamin A? Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 2
J How does Ray Peat make coffee? Ask For Help or Advice 8
U What does eggs offer to be important part of the diet? Diet 9
T Does adrenaline damage the nervous system? Ask For Help or Advice 3
L Does a Moderna vaccinated person cause harm to a non vaccinated person? Vaccines 15
JanP Does NDT supplement, T3/T4 or iodine raise PTH? Natural Dessicated Thyroid 4
ddjd why does saturated fat + carbs make me fat?? Ask For Help or Advice 53
Hgreen56 Does Gaba decrease metabolic rate? Diet 0
Lokzo Does Lion's Mane Destroy Your Libido/Sex Drive?! Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 9
Frankdee20 Does dietary cholesterol intake increase it ? Cholesterol 8
ursidae >70 g of PUFA a day | Does diet even matter? Diet 72
TypicalJock Does food in plastic packaging effect the food? Ask For Help or Advice 1
tankasnowgod Milk, OJ, Cottage Cheese, Yogurt..... Does Temperature of these foods matter? Digestion 29
C Does Flowers Of Sulphur Only Benefit The Gut? Ask For Help or Advice 14
T Klonopin? How Does This Drug Do Nothing For Me? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
T Why Does Drinking Cause Suicidal Thoughts Now? Mental Issues 23
P Anti-Peat What Does Peat Have To Say About Tribal/indigenous Peoples Eating Pufa? Debate - Anti-Peat 22
jamies33 Does Believing In The Concept Of Karma Negate Belief In The Multiverse Theory? Meditation, Mindfullness, Religion, Spirituality 2
J Does Anyone Know Anything About Selleckchem Dot Com? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
H Does Tropical Weather Inhibit Metabolism? Metabolism 12
lvysaur Why Does Aspirin Lower My Bilirubin? Blood Work, Labs 1
F Does Anyone Have A Backup Of Tyw's Blog? Ask For Help or Advice 13
hominidnumber9 Why Does Finasteride Work For Some People? Hair & Nails 98
GelatinGoblin Does Sunlight Lower Thyroid And Steroids? Ask For Help or Advice 1
Hgreen56 Does The Potato Juice Have The Same Amount Of Carbohydrates As The Potato Itself? Diet 2
E My Mom Tested Positive For COVID Does COVID Develop Lung Nodules? Ask For Help or Advice 5
E Does Coffee Make You Fat And Anxious? Miscellaneous 12
Sexypizza Does Anyone Know Where I Can Buy Camphoric Acid? Digestion 5
R Does Anybody Have The Pdf Of Lysenko's Book On Heredity? Book Recommendations 0
bogbody Does This Look Like An OK Light Setup? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 4
N Why Does Hypothyroid Cause Puffy Face Thyroid and Hormones 2
S Does Vitamin C Increase Progesterone? Vitamins 12
C How Does Celery Do This? Skin 2
J Why Does Fresh Liver Taste So Good But Frozen Liver So Meh? Organ Meat 3
orewashin Why Does Coconut Oil/MCT Oil Burn My Throat? Coconut Oil 1
R Does Sugar Waste Magnesium? Ask For Help or Advice 4
I Does Famotadine Work As Well As Cyproheptadine? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 9
Velve921 What Does Everyone Thing Of Sooma For Sleep? It Has Glycine Ask For Help or Advice 0