Uncoupling The Soul - Wolf's Log

OP
W

Wolf

How's it going?
Pretty well. Organic chem has improved my ability to visualize drastically so thats cool.
Health is pretty good, but no time to experiment. Kinda stuck using tried and true protocols. Will note that on those protocols my strength seems to stay longer independent of muscle mass. Definitely drier nowadays

milkboi

Pretty well. Organic chem has improved my ability to visualize drastically so thats cool.
Health is pretty good, but no time to experiment. Kinda stuck using tried and true protocols. Will note that on those protocols my strength seems to stay longer independent of muscle mass. Definitely drier nowadays

Cool man, keep us updated. I remember reading this thread a few months ago, and now I'm in a pretty similar situation to yours (as far as I know) and am also using a similar stack of supps.

OP
W

Wolf

Cool man, keep us updated. I remember reading this thread a few months ago, and now I'm in a pretty similar situation to yours (as far as I know) and am also using a similar stack of supps.
Well, one little anecdote I can share is the limiting nature of nootropics. I switched up my protocol(forgot like an idiot) and didn't take as much b vitamins and as a result my cognitive abilities suffered. Now that I reviewed my notes and am doing the same as before I'm back to being very high performing. Dopaminergic agents are so goofy.
At this rate I'll be able to synthesize anything I need.

milkboi

Well, one little anecdote I can share is the limiting nature of nootropics. I switched up my protocol(forgot like an idiot) and didn't take as much b vitamins and as a result my cognitive abilities suffered. Now that I reviewed my notes and am doing the same as before I'm back to being very high performing. Dopaminergic agents are so goofy.
At this rate I'll be able to synthesize anything I need.

So you are saying for dopaminergic supps to work you need plenty of nutrients? Or there is no need for the former when there are enough nutrients?

OP
W

Wolf

So you are saying for dopaminergic supps to work you need plenty of nutrients? Or there is no need for the former when there are enough nutrients?
I don't think nutrients per say but things that are basically catalysts for energy generation. Enzymes are amazing as is exercise which is "generative". Other than that I think a case of dopamine going down the wrong pathway occurs independent of getting enough light or any other factors.
Getting into a 100% perfect "flow" state and maintaining it past 2 hours is a goal as some of these exams last quite a bit and all this math and science has left little time for my formal meditation practice.
Another goal is getting a consistent low dose doxy dose going for my rat

OP
W

Wolf

Things continue to go well and my general vitality didn't take too big of a hit with these higher order courses.
Looking forward to a solid two weeks of strict peating this winter break and getting some tone back.

milkboi

Things continue to go well and my general vitality didn't take too big of a hit with these higher order courses.
Looking forward to a solid two weeks of strict peating this winter break and getting some tone back.

Awesome

OP
W

Wolf

All's well that ends well. Gotta be more careful with overloading MAOI-b's and running into overdrive. Temp >100.0, bpm > 90. I managed to lose 13 lbs finals week. Rehydrating added an odd 1 lb, and I look decently lean, so that's interesting. Ended semester on a good note and with one more semester of weed out courses things should cool down.
Currently using cypro and bentyl to essentially calm down my body in its entirety. Meditation will begin here soon as will the intense peating mentioned before. Would like to play around with uncoupling alongside necessary protectors[burning PUFA :(] and flooding the brain with dopa as in the BCAA protocol. This amounts to damage control for the months I was in school since peating was an afterthought. Hopefully with these even higher order courses in chemistry I can finally understand what Travis is talking about.

OP
W

Wolf

There’s definitely something to be said about forum members dropping off when their health picks up and all is well.
Health is good. Mental ability is high.

OP
W

Wolf

Does the fact that you're back mean the opposite?
Not really. I had some free time and decided to come back and post. School put me through the wringer with biochem and all my engineering courses but I’m still good.
At this point it’s almost like I’m looking to RP’s principles to become a better human(at least metabolically).

Korven

Not really. I had some free time and decided to come back and post. School put me through the wringer with biochem and all my engineering courses but I’m still good.
At this point it’s almost like I’m looking to RP’s principles to become a better human(at least metabolically).

Your story is inspiring! Finally feels like my health trajectory is not heading towards crap and I'm tempted at trying your gallons-of-milk-refeed and gain back some much needed bone and muscle mass.

What's your current dietary staples? Still lots of milk? And have you found any supplements or other interventions to be especially helpful for regaining your health/becoming a better human?

Thanks.

OP
W

Wolf

Your story is inspiring! Finally feels like my health trajectory is not heading towards crap and I'm tempted at trying your gallons-of-milk-refeed and gain back some much needed bone and muscle mass.

What's your current dietary staples? Still lots of milk? And have you found any supplements or other interventions to be especially helpful for regaining your health/becoming a better human?

Thanks.
Not as much milk since I can't be running to the bathroom all the time since school. Lots more calories in the form of rice with shiitake mushrooms, coconut oil, sweet potatoes with butter, and cauliflower/potatoes/steak.

I think the best supplements I've ever used have been the simple ones but in small amounts over a large time. I dislike the over energized feeling of massive B vitamins except during an exam. I've found that smaller amounts over a longer time period tend to be better. Same with stuff like zinc, boron, copper,etc. Piracetam with meditation and lots of reading and dual n back did wonders for my processing power. Physically I like standing post in high horse or meditating in a standing stance to be good for focus and health. Its hard to pinpoint any singular supplement or protocol since everything is contextual and is a reaction to something. Like right now it wouldn't make sense for me to do a massive refeed with enzymes.

Currently the only protocol I've been working with is thickening my beard(beating the genetic curse of a goatee and developing side hairs[SUCCESS]) and preventing any hair loss/thinning[SUCCESS]. Peppermint essential oil seems to increase the anagen or growing phase or whatever, but you end up with really long thin hairs if they haven't matured or whatever. Derma rolling helps the tiny hairs start sprouting and growing, basically gets the gears going when you have a super smooth patch with no hair. Fo Ti is a general nutritive and kinda makes some hairs go black, but not really. Acetyl L carnitine seems to be way better for this and over the weeks there will be permanent black hairs here and there. MSM just speeds everything up, still the same growth cycles, lengths, thicknesses, etc., just faster.

My focus is entirely on biochemical engineering lately so acquiring knowledge in that domain is gonna be priority for a bit.

Korven

Not as much milk since I can't be running to the bathroom all the time since school. Lots more calories in the form of rice with shiitake mushrooms, coconut oil, sweet potatoes with butter, and cauliflower/potatoes/steak.

I think the best supplements I've ever used have been the simple ones but in small amounts over a large time. I dislike the over energized feeling of massive B vitamins except during an exam. I've found that smaller amounts over a longer time period tend to be better. Same with stuff like zinc, boron, copper,etc. Piracetam with meditation and lots of reading and dual n back did wonders for my processing power. Physically I like standing post in high horse or meditating in a standing stance to be good for focus and health. Its hard to pinpoint any singular supplement or protocol since everything is contextual and is a reaction to something. Like right now it wouldn't make sense for me to do a massive refeed with enzymes.

Currently the only protocol I've been working with is thickening my beard(beating the genetic curse of a goatee and developing side hairs[SUCCESS]) and preventing any hair loss/thinning[SUCCESS]. Peppermint essential oil seems to increase the anagen or growing phase or whatever, but you end up with really long thin hairs if they haven't matured or whatever. Derma rolling helps the tiny hairs start sprouting and growing, basically gets the gears going when you have a super smooth patch with no hair. Fo Ti is a general nutritive and kinda makes some hairs go black, but not really. Acetyl L carnitine seems to be way better for this and over the weeks there will be permanent black hairs here and there. MSM just speeds everything up, still the same growth cycles, lengths, thicknesses, etc., just faster.

My focus is entirely on biochemical engineering lately so acquiring knowledge in that domain is gonna be priority for a bit.

Appreciate the comprehensive answer! I also like that approach to supplementation, smaller amounts compounding over time. When I take large doses I always mess something up. Taking small(er) doses of NDT over the past several weeks has been the best thing I've tried so far - everything has gotten better. Wish I just started earlier.

Very cool that you've gotten good gains with PEO and dermarolling. I will try incorporating microneedling 1x weekly to improve some scars and maybe awaken some dormant hair follicles. Before I had literally 0 hairs on my cheeks but after a round of minoxidil (not recommending!) and "Peating", better nutrition, etc, etc things are starting to happen. Latest experiment has been applying testosterone cream to beard area for past 3 months and have seen very promising results, especially with vellus to terminal transition. Minox only gave me thin vellus hairs, and the side effects were crappy. Dermarolling + PEO/testosterone should be a much safer alternative.

OP
W

Wolf

Update:
Still no hair loss or anything of the sort despite a strong genetic predisposition to it on both sides of the family. Also it seems most people leave this forum when things are going well and return when their health begins to deteoriate. I am actually recovering from finally wrapping up my degree in engineering. It seems the mental/physical fatigue of the base degree, some specializations, and a minor caused some sort of thiamin deficiency as I began to suffer from gastroparesis and general motility disorders.

This is being worked through with benfotiamine + Na-alpha-lipoic acid as well as allithiamine. 150mg benfo, 100mg ALA, and 100mg TTFD morning and night alongside a general low dose general b vitamin has done wonders. B-Right from Jarrow. I have also added some prokinetics such as ginger and triphala sporadically. Of note is a rash which developed on my left and eventually right armpits from Iberogast(hepatotoxicity?)

Other than that, all is well and the sacrifice of my education in exchange for poorer health is ok. Rapid depletion of PUFAs has already been outlined here as has the depletion of serotonin and protocols have been developed. I think the primary reason behind the drop in general vitality is the lack of cooking for myself due to some living situation mishaps and having to eat out. Now that I am regularly cooking I have noticed a 180 in health. Luckily my bodyweight has not drastically increased and I am ~5lbs heavier. That's one month of once a week intermittent fasting, caffeine+L theanine, L carnitine, and walking.

OP
W

Wolf

Benfotiamine study.
Use of α-Lipoic Acid and Benfotiamine for Correction of Disturbance of Gastric Motor-Evacuation Function in Type 1 Diabetic Patients | INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ENDOCRINOLOGY (Ukraine)

Thiamin study in relation to high intensity stressors

I would like to eventually do a writeup of some of the sections, but for now this will suffice for this log. Additionally, and thankfully, my blood sugar remains completely normal.

OP
W

Wolf

Update:
Still no hair loss or anything of the sort despite a strong genetic predisposition to it on both sides of the family. Also it seems most people leave this forum when things are going well and return when their health begins to deteoriate. I am actually recovering from finally wrapping up my degree in engineering. It seems the mental/physical fatigue of the base degree, some specializations, and a minor caused some sort of thiamin deficiency as I began to suffer from gastroparesis and general motility disorders.

This is being worked through with benfotiamine + Na-alpha-lipoic acid as well as allithiamine. 150mg benfo, 100mg ALA, and 100mg TTFD morning and night alongside a general low dose general b vitamin has done wonders. B-Right from Jarrow. I have also added some prokinetics such as ginger and triphala sporadically. Of note is a rash which developed on my left and eventually right armpits from Iberogast(hepatotoxicity?)

Other than that, all is well and the sacrifice of my education in exchange for poorer health is ok. Rapid depletion of PUFAs has already been outlined here as has the depletion of serotonin and protocols have been developed. I think the primary reason behind the drop in general vitality is the lack of cooking for myself due to some living situation mishaps and having to eat out. Now that I am regularly cooking I have noticed a 180 in health. Luckily my bodyweight has not drastically increased and I am ~5lbs heavier. That's one month of once a week intermittent fasting, caffeine+L theanine, L carnitine, and walking.
Things are even better now. The motility issues I previously had seem to have reacted well to Mg Threonine and the TTFD. Zero issues now. Incorporating allicin has seemed to cut down on any form of slow gut motility so I suspect some form of bacteria slowing down the machinery. In any case its resolved for now.
I'm putting on muscle at a good clip and dropping fatty weight at an ok rate. I suspect eventually I'll have to choose one or the other, but for now it seems I have enough excess fat that things work out. Once a week fasting and incorporating MCT, colostrum, collagen, glycine, and other odds and ends are likely helping. Next I need to get my dopamine back in order with some He Shou Wu or similar as I still lack my old raw motivation. Upwards and onwards.

Waynish

"Uncoupling the soul" seems like a clever term for enlightenment or trascendence. The idea that material (supplements, food, remedies) can be the cause for non-material (soul) trascendent seems perverse. It is when consciousness comes to fully know itself that enlightenment occurs, which is coming from the inside out, not the outside in. That is, the cause of the soul's trascedence is not in the environment, but rather the spiritual process that knows true consciousness in any environment.

OP
W

Wolf

"Uncoupling the soul" seems like a clever term for enlightenment or trascendence. The idea that material (supplements, food, remedies) can be the cause for non-material (soul) trascendent seems perverse. It is when consciousness comes to fully know itself that enlightenment occurs, which is coming from the inside out, not the outside in. That is, the cause of the soul's trascedence is not in the environment, but rather the spiritual process that knows true consciousness in any environment.
Is consciousness not biochemical in nature and subject to material constraints?

Runenight201

Is consciousness not biochemical in nature and subject to material constraints?
I definitely agree. However, without a true scientific understanding of consciousness and the ability to prove this “hard problem”, it continually leaves room for highly religious, spiritual, or otherwise superstitious individuals to introduce all sorts of speculation on the matter of consciousness.

I like Jacque Fresco’s take on things, in which all things which aren’t functionally useful and overly whimsical are discarded as a waste of time. Poets, gurus, religion, etc… which focuses on unverifiable speculative nonsense is ultimately wasteful and harmful when there are repeatable, verifiable means by which we can understand and influence our reality. Without a scientific understanding of our world, we’d still be engaging in all sorts of degenerate behavior.

Congratulations on the biochemical degree. Have you entered the workforce?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom