Androgen Boosting Log

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

This quote sums up what I was thinking while reading your thread. As an abuser of supplements and overly detailed health plans in the past, I can assure you that you are overdoing it a bit. There's a few supplements you are taking that actually could have quite negative effects on your health in the doses you are taking them and overall, less is better.

You absolutely nailed it with the above quote in that I agree that the only supplements that are essentail are E,K2,Pansterone and magnesium. Red light is key and getting plenty of protein, sugar and cholesterol in you diet is also key.

Everything else can and should be gotten from diet. Base you diet around quality ruminent meat and shellfish, eggs, dairy and sugar and you are good to go.

BTW, if you live close to an ocean, I highly recommend being in salt water as much as possible. There isn't anything as healing as salt water + sun light.

Lastly, while losing fat is crucial for high testosterone, being in a catabolic state long term is very detrimental. Hopefully you do refeeds weekly or so, I know your not in a huge deficit but still, anabolism mean calorie excess.

Good luck, dude!

Thanks, and I think you have some valid points. I've already backed off or stopped with a few, and think shifting more toward a higher sugar and higher cholesterol diet might have done more than the initial supp regimen.

As far as fat derived weight loss, I've come to believe that there's probably just not an easy, perfect fix, and you have to go with the best knowledge we have right now and accept some of the short term negatives (like possible stress hormone elevation) along with the long term positives (I look and feel much better, and am more physically able to do routine and complex tasks). Ignorance of calories is no way to proceed, although creating a deficit at a higher caloric intake and moving more without doing a lot of "breathless" exercise certainly help a lot. I also think more focus on things like protein, fructose, and coconut oil, that help increase TEF while providing calories, can be a great help as well.

Also, you really get to enjoy maintenece eating periods as well!

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

Just wanted to do a quick update....

I got some labs done a few weeks ago, and the results were not good. Both Testosterone and DHT were below the reference range, and Estrone was right near the top for men (range was like 17-72, and Estrone was at 71). However, I had been feeling better overall, although not really getting the hoped for androgenic effects.

I know that serum steroids aren't everything, but the high estrone combined with the low androgens certainly pointed out to me that something wasn't working. One thing I will point out, I've been dealing with an ongoing stressful situation at work for almost a month (there have been several sleepness nights, among other things), so I can't really say if the protocol helped or hurt, although I tend to think overall it was either neutral or slightly beneficial.

Anyway, I am still doing the fat soluble vitamins, diet, Magnesium, Taurine, Aspirin, and biotin, while adjusting dosages. Still trying to get sun and red light when I can. I've suspended all forms of Pregnenolone and DHEA for the moment. I'm experimenting with 11Keto DHT. The early returns on 11K DHT are very promising, and I think it would be good to help raise androgens while lowering estrogen. I'm going wait a month or so, and I might bring the Pansterone back at that point.

milk_lover

Have you tried DHEA in low doses with aspirin+niacinamide+coffee+glycine and/or thyroid/red light on thyroid? You can also combine DHEA with K2 or vitamin E or A. Those are supposed to help metabolise DHEA favorably toward androgens. Pregnenolone could help but watch out for any estrogen or progesterone effects that can oppose androgens. Good luck.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

Have you tried DHEA in low doses with aspirin+niacinamide+coffee+glycine and/or thyroid/red light on thyroid? You can also combine DHEA with K2 or vitamin E or A. Those are supposed to help metabolise DHEA favorably toward androgens. Pregnenolone could help but watch out for any estrogen or progesterone effects that can oppose androgens. Good luck.

It's pretty much yes to all the co-factors you mentioned. I didn't do a baseline Estrone test, so it's possible it even went down (though I kinda doubt that's the case). I had also done some higher oral doses of DHEA, and maybe was doing too much topically as well. This could have been a factor, along with the aforementioned stress.

Don't get me wrong, I still think Pansterone is an excellent product, I just thought it was wise to take a break from any hormone, especially DHEA, that could potentially lead to more estrogen.

milk_lover

It's pretty much yes to all the co-factors you mentioned. I didn't do a baseline Estrone test, so it's possible it even went down (though I kinda doubt that's the case). I had also done some higher oral doses of DHEA, and maybe was doing too much topically as well. This could have been a factor, along with the aforementioned stress.

Don't get me wrong, I still think Pansterone is an excellent product, I just thought it was wise to take a break from any hormone, especially DHEA, that could potentially lead to more estrogen.
Fair enough :) I am on the same boat doing different experimentations to know a little more about my body.

mirc12354

How much DHEA / Pansterone were you using?

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

How much DHEA / Pansterone were you using?

Before starting this, I finished off a 50mg oral product that I was taking once or twice a week. I was doing a 10mg oral product when I started experimenting with the Pansterone. Probably going over 20mg a day, between the two early on, and DHEA may have been pushed a bit high before that. I probably should have done a washout period (like I'm doing now), but was a bit anxious. I was thinking things like aspirin and A and E would prevent estrogen conversion.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

Not at the moment, but I'm doing a few things, and might have a before/after blood test result at the end of the month.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom