kasper's log

J

j.

Drinking it a little for a few days might help you get used to it.

jyb

Have you tried cyproheptadine? I like its effect on brain and concentration. I have tried lisuride, tianeptine and the BCAA based combos, but so far, I like cypro best. It's a pharma drug so it has some cons, such as an initialization period where it is more likely to cause drowsyness, and one should go slowly when going off it. In my experience, the drowsyness went away almost completely even with high doses day time, therefore I use it to help focus and reduce lethargy, rather than as a sleeping aid. However, whenever I stop it, I immediately get my old symptoms, so I can see how going off slowly is needed. Not that I have any reason to go off it...

The other caveat, but I think that's also true for BCAA and other things, is that it could matter when and how much to take in the day, otherwise sleep onset could be impacted a lot and that could be a major issue. I haven't figured out what's the best for cypro yet, I just love to take it throughout the day but I think its possible that it disturbs sleep onset. However actual sleep quality hasn't diminished, which doesn't say much as sleep has been my top problem since birth.

Best of luck in getting off this 'stress roller coaster' and always getting work done at the last minute. I am also hoping Ray Peat's methods hold the answer to this problem.

If you don't mind me asking, what sort of career path or subject are you studying? I think you might find that in many fields your 'dreamy' state is a powerful creative tool, allowing your mind to wander onto solutions to problems more motivated linear thinkers would never find.

Your story is eerily similar to mine. When I was diagnosed with adult ADD I found a profound negative impact on my ability to do computer programming. I was able to write more than twice as much actual code, but I failed to find creative solutions that made my code work much better. In the end, my total effectiveness was actually lower on the stimulants because the ability of my mind to wander was inhibited.

OP
K

Kasper

I'm studying mathematics. Many people think that mathematics is only linear thinking, but the reason that I began with mathematics is actually the creative part of it.

I see it like this, on ritalin, I'm focused on results. My focus is more on "avoiding pain", avoiding not getting my exams.

Without ritalin, I'm more focussed on "gaining pleasure". And mostly, "gaining pleasure" in the next half hour. I feel almost unable to think long term. If I do mathematics, I'm only doing the mathematics that I think is fun. I will spend 10 hours on one paragraph, just because I reallly really really want to know this one little statement that I don't understand. Or I'm going to think about a proof that is way more cool than the proof they gave in the book.

If I'm on ritalin, I think like, okay, fine, this one little statement is absolutely not important, just go on, I've got a lot other things to do, and I heard the next paragraph is much likely to appear in the exam. Etc. so I spend my time much more effective as it comes to getting good results for my exams.

I do think I'm less creative with ritalin. I like to write songs, and my best songs I wrote without ritalin for sure. But on the other hand, without ritalin I rarely ever finished a song, and with ritalin I was able to finely finish a lot of songs.

OP
K

Kasper

I think I will keep with Ray Peat's advice to go with milk that tastes good.

I like the taste of non-organic ultrapasteurized whole goat milk best of all milks I've tried.
Also the goat milk I've been drinking since childhood.

OP
K

Kasper

I've stopped ritalin and modafinil for 5 days now.
I feel very tired and sleepy, but it is getting better.
I'm going to track my pulse here.
Right now 70.

My diet is currently mainly cherry, honey, milk, kefir and meat.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom