RPC's Log

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

@Blossom Thanks for the reply! Those are all things I am very interested in and have at my disposal. Do you have any experience with anxiety? I would say that is my main problem at the moment that I am trying to work out, and which I think all of those could help with. I have some tyromix I have been waiting for a few days off work to try, I haven't got round to it yet. I have read thyroid initially increases adrenaline sensitivity, but usually gets it under control in a couple of weeks. I wondered if this means my anxiety was going to increase for those two weeks, before things start to get better.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Do you have any experience with anxiety?
Yes! These supplements do not seem worsen my anxiety as long as I'm taking good care of myself by getting adequate sleep and nutrition and tending to my other needs. When I feel well physically I tend to handle anxiety triggers better.
. I have some tyromix I have been waiting for a few days off work to try, I haven't got round to it yet. I have read thyroid initially increases adrenaline sensitivity, but usually gets it under control in a couple of weeks. I wondered if this means my anxiety was going to increase for those two weeks, before things start to get better.
I've heard that some people actually calm down and relax when they start taking thyroid so I suppose it could go either way. Taking a few days off work sounds like a sensible plan to me!

Mittir

RP recommended extra magnesium with thyroid supplement
to manage the adrenaline sensitivity and body needs
extra magnesium in the beginning of thyroid supplements.
After sometime this requirement of magnesium is decreased.
If you start with very lose dose and slowly
increase then it should be a smooth transition.
Total cholesterol should not be low.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

@Blossom thank you again for the reply. I am oing to try the low dose niacinamide first as it seems to help with many things and used specifically for anxiety by some. What thyroid do you use by the way?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Blossom thank you again for the reply. I am oing to try the low dose niacinamide first as it seems to help with many things and used specifically for anxiety by some. What thyroid do you use by the way?
I give my rat tyronene during the day and a nibble of cynoplus at bedtime.

milk_lover

didn't know where to post this, @raypeatclips so I am posting it here.

This video opened my mind. Thank you. I've always struggled with vitamin D supplement thinking it was the vitamin, but I think it could be the MCT oil. I use drops that has MCT as a carrier. I will go tomorrow to a pharmacy to find D3 without MCT and see how if affects me.

Again, great stuff with those short clips. I subscribed and I try to like each single video that shows up on my "recommended" list :)

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

@milk_lover Wow thanks for the feedback! So glad one of the videos has helped you, we are all looking for health and the answers so always glad to help people!
Thank you for liking the videos as well, the more people that do that the more chamce we have of the videos appearing next to other health videos so people stimble avross them amd question whta they are told about health.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Back home from a week off, a few meals out, no access to making usual food such as hot milk or cheesy eggs. Gut felt awful yesterday, lots of endotoxin symptoms, breathing poor. I genuinely have no idea how the general population can eat things like that all the time and not feel awful. Maybe they do feel awful?

Anyway I am confused about starch again. Recently been trying high starch, such as potatoes with cheese for meals recently. I ate high fat where I could over the past week, because I thought it would protect against endotoxin, had to eat restaurant starches like rice, which won't have been cooked as long as I usually cook rice. When I tried low fat before my constipation issues where absolutely horrible. Fat has greatly improved my daily bowel movements, but endotoxin symptoms seem to have risen as well, so I am not sure what path to take. No starch doesn't seem like an option at the moment, I can't handle too many liquids, fruit access is quite poor here and whenever I have eaten bulk of my calories from fruit before I got the 'waterlogged' feeling as well and felt stressed, agitated.

milk_lover

Apologies for the jumbled message there. Phone is very old and only lets me select a very few number of lines to edit
lol no worries.

Hopefully your small clips can help expand Peat's teachings to larger audience. Those will be great for the upcoming years. Great stuff, buddy :)

milk_lover

Back home from a week off, a few meals out, no access to making usual food such as hot milk or cheesy eggs. Gut felt awful yesterday, lots of endotoxin symptoms, breathing poor. I genuinely have no idea how the general population can eat things like that all the time and not feel awful. Maybe they do feel awful?

Anyway I am confused about starch again. Recently been trying high starch, such as potatoes with cheese for meals recently. I ate high fat where I could over the past week, because I thought it would protect against endotoxin, had to eat restaurant starches like rice, which won't have been cooked as long as I usually cook rice. When I tried low fat before my constipation issues where absolutely horrible. Fat has greatly improved my daily bowel movements, but endotoxin symptoms seem to have risen as well, so I am not sure what path to take. No starch doesn't seem like an option at the moment, I can't handle too many liquids, fruit access is quite poor here and whenever I have eaten bulk of my calories from fruit before I got the 'waterlogged' feeling as well and felt stressed, agitated.
Have you tried eating sandwiches in pita bread? I find I can tolerate them better than white rice that often come with a lot of PUFA in restaurants.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Have you tried eating sandwiches in pita bread? I find I can tolerate them better than white rice that often come with a lot of PUFA in restaurants.

I haven't tried that no, I will give it a go when I have to eat meals out again. I can't remember having seen pita bread offered in restaurants over here. Usually it is some variations on rice or potatoes.

milk_lover

I haven't tried that no, I will give it a go when I have to eat meals out again. I can't remember having seen pita bread offered in restaurants over here. Usually it is some variations on rice or potatoes.
I think you can find them in middle eastern restaurants. We have plenty of them in the UAE so it's easy for me to find.

Usually in restaurants, you can find lentil soup, which is super delicious with spicy tabasco sauce, OJ, guava juice, coke, espressos, a sandwich in a white bread or pita bread. Little hummus in the sandwich is ok. Those are tasty stuff without so much loaded PUFA. If I treat myself to a lot of starch, I take one of Peat's three antiseptic food like bamboo shoot or a carrot at night.

I truly believe we have to minimize the amount of ingested vitamins because of impurities. Maybe amino acids, cypro, and aspirin can be taken orally. Everything else can be applied topically. Many times, i find myself more uncomfortable after taking lots of pills after eating out than without any pill/vitamin.

And I agree, lots of people feel awful after food but they don't blame it on the food, they just think they feel stressed or didn't have enough sleep or some other excuse.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

@milk_lover Ah yeah, I live in the UK and there aren't many middle eastern restaurants around, that I can think of.

Yeah I need to start getting into the routine of carrot salad and bamboo. I managed 2 days in a row this week for the carrot salad, I should be able to do more now I am home.

I take estroban and retinil topically which I am very happy to do. I don't agree with taking loads of supplements for the sake of it though. I found magnesium I have to take internally. Epsom salt baths and magnesium oil topically seem to do nothing that I can notice, but there is a real difference with mag bicarb water for me.

Yeah I think food is the foundation for so many things. Like eating two different things before bed, one will let me sleep soundly and through the night, the other I mght wake up with an adrenaline rush, people might blame the sleep the next day for feeling tired but the food is what caused it.

Diet is very confusing and can get overwhelming, especially when already sick. It does start to click after a while though but starch and endotoxin is something I'm stuggling with at the moment.

milk_lover

@raypeatclips I struggle with starch sometimes and I feel so much better without it but like you I feel it's not very practical to live without some sort of starch in my diet, especially that I work about 50 hours a week. And believe me, anytime I eat a lot of rice for example, I get those damn endotoxin symptoms. I think Peat is right on the money that starch creates more problems than it fixes. It's like my body gets into entropy state from the increased serotonin, endotoxin, irritability etc., after starch and I need some kind of intervention (carrots and co) to return to equilibrium. I can live off milk, OJ, coffee, salt, glycine/gelatin, lean lamb/beef, seafood, and topical fat soluble vitamins for weeks without needing to eat carrots or cooked mushrooms.

Thank you for reminding me about magnesium carbonate drink. I didn't find milk of magnesia in the market so I didn't pursue that idea. I will make sure to order some online. What immediate effects do you get from drinking mag bicarbonate water?

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

@milk_lover " I can live off milk, OJ, coffee, salt, glycine/gelatin, lean lamb/beef, seafood, and topical fat soluble vitamins for weeks without needing to eat carrots or cooked mushrooms. " That is basically what I am aiming for, but at the moment I can't handle milk and oj constituting the main part of my diet.

I feel like the magnesium bicarb water helps reduce anxiety, but it is not entirely gone. I was having a bad time few weeks ago, on the verge of a panic attack, which a glass of the mag bicarb water fixed. I wonder if mag deficiency was the reason I have been constipated before, and it is not the starch that has fixed it recently. I drank loads of milk for about 2 years with no magnesium source and was chronically constipated basically the whole time. Perhaps the diet you mentioned above, plus mag bicarb water would cover all bases for me, something to experiment with.

If you're struggling finding milk of magnesia, are you able to buy pure magnesium hydroxide USP online? Milk of magnesia is just mag hydroxide and water (and bleach if you buy a poor brand). I did this myself but found there was more white sediment at the bottom of the bottle, compared to similar amounts of magnesium in milk of magnesia. Perhaps the milk of magnesia being already mixed with water helps the process, or perhaps the magnesium amount is lower than the bottle suggests. If you could make it work, magnesium hydroxide powder would be ridiculously cheaper than buying the milk of magnesia bottles.

milk_lover

@raypeatclips Yeah I found this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GUOWENQ/?tag=rapefo-20
It's cheap and pure magnesium hydroxide. If you go to the reviews, there is even mention of how to make mag bicarb water from the powder. I will copy paste it here for other people.

"1) Refrigerate a one-liter bottle of seltzer water.
* 2) Measure 3.6 grams (3600 milligrams) of magnesium hydroxide. If you don't have a scale, then estimate approx. .86 of a teaspoon, somewhere between 3/4 and a whole teaspoon.
3) Slowly unscrew the cap of the seltzer water so as not to release too much of the fizz.
4) Slowly pour the measured magnesium into the bottle. It will fizz a bit but will not bubble out.
5) Replace the cap tightly and shake the bottle vigorously for 30 seconds, then place back in the refrigerator.
6) Wait 30 minutes, then shake the bottle again.
7) When the process is done, the sides of the bottle will collapse inward somewhat. The resulting mag bicarb has no fizz at all (as flat as juice) since all the carbonation has gone into the magnesium.
8) The liter of mag bicarb is a concentrate and should not be consumed as is; it will make 3 gallons of drinkable mag bicarb."

So The liter of mag bicarb might provide 1,500 elemental magnesium. I don't think it's necessary to dilute to the liter to 3 gallons of water; that seems excessive amount of water.

This is good stuff, thanks raypeatclips.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals