Dave's Recovery Log - April 2016

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Yes lipo C would cost about a dollar a day. I'm experimenting with it, and it warms me better than ascborbic acid. Just pricey. Yeah I like to use a big dose in the morning to stimulate a bowel movement as I don't drink coffee. It's also good for depression and anxiety.
Okay, I'll keep it in mind, thank you Janelle.

I think @ecstatichamster uses lipo-C and has said good things about it.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

8/26/2018 diet update:

I drink anywhere from a half gallon to a gallon of low-fat milk daily with about a glass of orange juice daily. I eat large amounts of wheat pasta such as spaghetti and sometimes lasagna, white rice and occasional potatoes, corn tortillas or corn bread, all heavily salted as the aforementioned dishes permit and made with eggs, of course. I'm trying to work gnocchi into my diet (to get the nutrition of the potato in a more palatable form.) I often eat tomatoes as sauce or salsa, smaller amounts of cheese and servings of lean chicken seasoned and fried in coconut oil, where I may also make fried rice. I'll bake one or two pizzas per month with three cheeses, canned mushrooms and pineapple or something similar. Sometimes, I'll bread and deep-fry chicken tenders and eat them with fries or waffles. I eat no nuts or oils besides coconut oil and sparse amounts of olive oil. I eat almost no vegetables besides carrots, and I eat occasional servings of beans, such as refried beans.

I love spiced dishes like chili or curries, particularly chicken tikka masala over rice. For desserts to snack on, I'll make brownies, oatmeal raisin cookies with coconut oil, iced mochas or hot chocolate with a bit of coffee. I'll sometimes make Belgian waffles with coconut oil in the batter, liberal amounts of syrup, and with very occasional whipped cream and chocolate chips. In the summer, I buy popsicles, frozen grape juice and drink more sodas. Very rarely, I'll have a toasted English muffin with jam (and sometimes fat-free peanut butter). I used to eat many pot roasts, but the meat added too much protein alongside the milk.

For all frying or other use of oil, I use TKB Trading's fully hydrogenated 92 degree coconut oil, which has 100% saturation.

Last edited:

raypeatclips

8/26/2018 diet update:

I drink anywhere from a half gallon to a gallon of low-fat milk daily with about a glass of orange juice daily. I eat large amounts of wheat pasta such as spaghetti and sometimes lasagna, white rice and occasional potatoes, corn tortillas or corn bread, all heavily salted as the aforementioned dishes permit and made with eggs, of course. I'm trying to work gnocchi into my diet (to get the nutrition of the potato in a more palatable form.) I often eat tomatoes as sauce or salsa, smaller amounts of cheese and servings of lean chicken seasoned and fried in coconut oil, where I may also make fried rice. I'll bake one or two pizzas per month with three cheeses, canned mushrooms and pineapple or something similar. Sometimes, I'll bread and deep-fry chicken tenders and eat them with fries or waffles. I eat no nuts or oils besides coconut oil and sparse amounts of olive oil. I eat almost no vegetables besides carrots, and I eat occasional servings of beans, such as refried beans.

I love spiced dishes like chili or curries, particularly chicken tikka masala over rice. For desserts to snack on, I'll make brownies, oatmeal raisin cookies with coconut oil, iced mochas or hot chocolate with a bit of coffee. I'll sometimes make Belgian waffles with coconut oil in the batter, liberal amounts of syrup, and with very occasional whipped cream and chocolate chips. In the summer, I buy popsicles, frozen grape juice and drink more sodas. Very rarely, I'll have a toasted English muffin with jam (and sometimes fat-free peanut butter). I used to eat many pot roasts, but the meat added too much protein alongside the milk.

For all frying or other use of oil, I use TKB Trading's fully hydrogenated 92 degree coconut oil, which has 100% saturation.

Diet sounds delicious! Are you not concerned about wheat?

lampofred

8/26/2018 diet update:

This sounds extremely good. You've taken the orthorexia out of the RP diet.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Diet sounds delicious! Are you not concerned about wheat?
Not really. Gluten irritates the intestine, and in a more ideal setting, rice or corn-based dishes (or flours) would be ideal, but the extra cost of non-wheat flours financially prohibits them for students.
@DaveFoster you coulda been one of the greats... a true metabolic all star... kinda a shame to see you turn your back on the dream
Maybe one day.

Sounds like alot of food. Whats ur macros?
Although I don't measure my macronutrient intake, I probably eat around 120 grams of protein, around 600-900 grams of carbohydrate (mostly starch with plenty of sugars from milk, juice and table sugar), and fat varying from 50-100 g per day. Up to 90% of my fat derives from coconut oil with the remainder occurring naturally in low-fat foods, such as grains, potatoes juices, and low-fat milk.

This sounds extremely good. You've taken the orthorexia out of the RP diet.
Indeed. If I drink plenty of coffee, then I find less need for a wider variety in recipes, but of course, there's still some need for nutrients.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Here's an update for 3/18/2019.

"Our instincts give us a few clues about our nutritional needs, such as thirst, the hunger for salt, the pleasantness of sweet things, and the unpleasantness of certain odors or very acrid or bitter tastes. People who are constitutionally unable to taste certain bitter chemicals find certain vegetables less objectionable; their instinctive guidance has become less clear. But within the boundaries of cravings and disgust, habits and customs become the dominant forces in diet. "Professional dietitians" and other "experts" primarily function as enforcers of cultural prejudice." — Raymond Peat, PhD

I've recently noticed how my palate has changed over the past five years. I find strong and bitter flavors revolting. I only desire sweet and savory foods. When offered a muffin that had garlic and ginger in it with no sugar, I almost threw up after tasting it.

I've never had an attraction to horror movies, and only when I'm stressed do I feel drawn to them; they offer a kind of psychological pain to break from the monotony, which made me think of younger teenagers who engage in self-harm. Spiciness and bitterness, like craft beer, double as a kind of self-harm and, like anger, stimulate the person so as to offer an maladaptive response to a stressor.

Regina

Here's an update for 3/18/2019.

"Our instincts give us a few clues about our nutritional needs, such as thirst, the hunger for salt, the pleasantness of sweet things, and the unpleasantness of certain odors or very acrid or bitter tastes. People who are constitutionally unable to taste certain bitter chemicals find certain vegetables less objectionable; their instinctive guidance has become less clear. But within the boundaries of cravings and disgust, habits and customs become the dominant forces in diet. "Professional dietitians" and other "experts" primarily function as enforcers of cultural prejudice." — Raymond Peat, PhD

I've recently noticed how my palate has changed over the past five years. I find strong and bitter flavors revolting. I only desire sweet and savory foods. When offered a muffin that had garlic and ginger in it with no sugar, I almost threw up after tasting it.

I've never had an attraction to horror movies, and only when I'm stressed do I feel drawn to them; they offer a kind of psychological pain to break from the monotony, which made me think of younger teenagers who engage in self-harm. Spiciness and bitterness, like craft beer, double as a kind of self-harm and, like anger, stimulate the person so as to offer an maladaptive response to a stressor.
:thumbsup:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom