My Journey To Optimal Health

OP
Cirion

Cirion

Allright -- current working hypothesis.

It is not starch that I am needing, rather it is FIBER. I base this upon a couple initial assessments.

-- The trends look almost identical with FIBER as they do with STARCH. See below:

upload_2019-9-27_10-48-48.png

upload_2019-9-27_10-49-1.png

Additionally, I notice stools are very watery and just not right when fiber intake is zero. I think mainstream may be correct after all that you need fiber to flush out toxins. However, the correct amount of fiber remains to be seen, and is likely not very high as I see here. I can get fiber from fibrous fruits though, which means, if fiber is the issue and not starch, then I can still go starch free and get sufficient fiber and this would (maybe) be the optimal solution, if indeed starch and me do not mix (It could explain why the benefits of fiber quickly fall off, as starch quickly becomes a problem digestion wise). All theory of course, until I test it.

This might be my next experiment.

Last edited:

Rand56

Allright -- current working hypothesis.

It is not starch that I am needing, rather it is FIBER. I base this upon a couple initial assessments.

-- The trends look almost identical with FIBER as they do with STARCH. See below:

View attachment 14953
View attachment 14954

Additionally, I notice stools are very watery and just not right when fiber intake is zero. I think mainstream may be correct after all that you need fiber to flush out toxins. However, the correct amount of fiber remains to be seen, and is likely not very high as I see here. I can get fiber from fibrous fruits though, which means, if fiber is the issue and not starch, then I can still go starch free and get sufficient fiber and this would (maybe) be the optimal solution, if indeed starch and me do not mix (It could explain why the benefits of fiber quickly fall off, as starch quickly becomes a problem digestion wise). All theory of course, until I test it.

This might be my next experiment.

Ok Mr. Flip-Floppity-Flip, it's only taken you approx. 50 minutes to flip from a little starch needed. to no starch needed. This could be a record on the speed of the flip!!

lampofred

Have you considered taking daily aspirin to improve glucose oxidation and raise temps? I think Peat takes some regularly.

OP
Cirion

Cirion

Ok Mr. Flip-Floppity-Flip, it's only taken you approx. 50 minutes to flip from a little starch needed. to no starch needed. This could be a record on the speed of the flip!!

Lol, funny. I haven't entirely flipped yet. It's a hypothesis until data proves one way or another. I will confess, I have a bias against starch, which in part is driving me to want to disprove I need starch, but ultimately, I go where the data leads me, so if I ultimately do need a tad bit of starch, then I have no qualms eating it.

I would be more interested to see your weight as a linear function of time.

upload_2019-9-27_11-16-30.png

This plot governed my thoughts that 4,000 calories is kind of where I want to be. It's the "Inflection Point" of the curve. It's a 56 day plot (so very long term, 8 weeks).

(If unclear, you multiply 56 * the number shown. So say 56 * -0.25 = 14 lb weight loss in 56 days (.25 a day average)

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-27_11-14-36.png
    upload_2019-9-27_11-14-36.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 12

Diokine

There is nowhere on that plot that is in the context of # of days. Am I correct in the understanding that you extrapolated weight loss from a number of calories consumed to 56 days? Or you spent 56 days at each number of calories per day? It's very confusing. If extrapolated, what was the time interval for each set?

Really what I'm looking for is your weight vs calendar days in a linear fashion.

OP
Cirion

Cirion

There is nowhere on that plot that is in the context of # of days. Am I correct in the understanding that you extrapolated weight loss from a number of calories consumed to 56 days? Or you spent 56 days at each number of calories per day? It's very confusing. If extrapolated, what was the time interval for each set?

Really what I'm looking for is your weight vs calendar days in a linear fashion.

It's a rolling 56 day average of calories compared against a rolling 56 day average of weight change. Each day I calculate a new rolling 56 day average, that's why there are a lot of points on there. The rolling avg changes daily (very subtly).

Plotting the calendar day plot wouldn't be too useful nor interesting and honestly not too keen to post it because people will be quick to attack my methods due to the fact I have yo-yoed a couple of times and only now regained ground to several months ago (basically, the net change is neutral for most of this year). However, this yo-yo was primarily due to briefly attempting the Gwyneth Olywn approach a couple of months ago though, which literally made me gain 10 lbs in a week or two, and I've spent the last several months relosing that 10 lb (This is why I will never ever use that approach again). I might post something like this later on down the road when it is more meaningful.

Plots like the 56 day plot are more meaningful IMO. All a calendar day plot does it say how your weight is fluctuating over time and gives you zero information about how to actually manipulate it in your favor. I am more interested in the details. How many calories to eat. How much protein to eat, carbs, fats, and more.

Last edited:
OP
Cirion

Cirion

Some starch at night is good.

That is what I currently do.

Have you considered taking daily aspirin to improve glucose oxidation and raise temps? I think Peat takes some regularly.

I keep trying aspirin off and on but it always gives me bleeding at least if I chronically have it every day. The nose bleeds I can tolerate since it is not really painful, but it gives me bloody and painful stools and that's why I stopped it ultimately. I tried some K2, but that didn't make the issue go away.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
@Cirion check out this post with special attention to the 3rd and 4th paragraph(but they are all pretty good):

B2 I love you!

The same person who wrote this post also said a b-complex can deplete riboflavin because riboflavin is needed by all the other B's to work. So basically she says need to replete riboflavin first and IIRC B1 and then work out from there.

Another interesting tidbit is that riboflavin depletes manganese and then the poo will go cream colored, not dark. I have witnessed this phenomenon.

redsun

@Cirion check out this post with special attention to the 3rd and 4th paragraph(but they are all pretty good):

B2 I love you!

The same person who wrote this post also said a b-complex can deplete riboflavin because riboflavin is needed by all the other B's to work. So basically she says need to replete riboflavin first and IIRC B1 and then work out from there.

Another interesting tidbit is that riboflavin depletes manganese and then the poo will go cream colored, not dark. I have witnessed this phenomenon.

I have been looking to riboflavin a lot lately as well. Riboflavin seems to also be required to take copper out of cells. Supposedly high dose riboflavin is supposed to be able to remove moles, which are melanin of course which comes from tyrosinase which uses copper.

Is there no surprise then how nature's most superior foods(organs) are almost all ridiculously high in riboflavin? All sugar and fat(energy) depletes riboflavin, fat more so, and organs(which are lean generally) and to a lesser extent eggs and milk provide riboflavin and somewhat respectable quantities. By organs knock out everything else out the park. Perhaps it's more so important to replete the riboflavin beyond everything else. Even high dose B1 according to that link can actually make B2 status worse. So much to learn, thanks for the link.

OP
Cirion

Cirion

Cool. Guess there's a reason why I like to have maple syrup every day lol.

OP
Cirion

Cirion

So just a quick fyi I've let a few people know already via pm but I have decided for a few various reasons to temporarily quit the forum (at least public posting). I may very well return from my break in some time.

I may still post now and then but it will be infrequent relative to before. This doesn't mean I have abandoned my journey (far from it!)

I still will respond to PM's if people like to discuss things with me.

Have a high metabolic day all =)

S-VV

Hey man, wise decision. Drop us some updates now and then

Wishing you the best

Vinny

So just a quick fyi I've let a few people know already via pm but I have decided for a few various reasons to temporarily quit the forum (at least public posting). I may very well return from my break in some time.

I may still post now and then but it will be infrequent relative to before. This doesn't mean I have abandoned my journey (far from it!)

I still will respond to PM's if people like to discuss things with me.

Have a high metabolic day all =)
Do what you got to do, Cirion. It will be pleasure to hear from you again.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I have been looking to riboflavin a lot lately as well. Riboflavin seems to also be required to take copper out of cells. Supposedly high dose riboflavin is supposed to be able to remove moles, which are melanin of course which comes from tyrosinase which uses copper.
It also seems to dump accumulated iron from the liver.
Is there no surprise then how nature's most superior foods(organs) are almost all ridiculously high in riboflavin?
I did not realize that, thank you for bringing it to my attention. I been hitting the organs and glands pretty hard.
Perhaps it's more so important to replete the riboflavin beyond everything else
It's a theory I am working right now but with B1 and B3 added.
So much to learn, thanks for the link.
:hattip

redsun

It also seems to dump accumulated iron from the liver.

I did not realize that, thank you for bringing it to my attention. I been hitting the organs and glands pretty hard.

It's a theory I am working right now but with B1 and B3 added.

:hattip

I have seen and I believe chris masterjohn also talks about this that there is an uncommon anemia that lack of B2 can cause, called normocytic normochromic anemia which the RBC are basically normal but you just have less of them.

Reason I mention this is because whats going on here is B2 can be mobilizing a lot iron to make RBC that it couldnt make before, which explains iron leaving the liver. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I also have blood vessels in my sclera(whites of the eyes) the B2 is supposed to get rid of. If they go away, I'll make sure it is known here.

ExCarniv

Is there no surprise then how nature's most superior foods(organs) are almost all ridiculously high in riboflavin? All sugar and fat(energy) depletes riboflavin, fat more so, and organs(which are lean generally) and to a lesser extent eggs and milk provide riboflavin and somewhat respectable quantities. By organs knock out everything else out the park. Perhaps it's more so important to replete the riboflavin beyond everything else. Even high dose B1 according to that link can actually make B2 status worse. So much to learn, thanks for the link.

2 eggs and 1L of milk provides good amount of Riboflavin per day, plus a high dose from weekly liver I think most following a Peatish diet are covered in that front.

OP
Cirion

Cirion

Providing a short update because I have (re)-hit an important milestone. Seems like temperatures are frequently back up to 98F+ waking in the morning now which is huge since just 3-4 weeks ago I was tanked in the 96-97F's again.

Keeping this short as I am still kinda experimenting behind the scenes and, for now, wish to keep (somewhat) of a secrecy until I can report back with proper success. What I'll say for now a big key part of it involves eating a lot of calories (a suspicion I have had actually for quite some time, but I'm now even more certain of it, like 99.99% certain calories are one of the main factors). Leaving it at that for now, will expand upon this later once I am 100% certain of what I'm doing.

Will probably make another report when I've stabilized my waking temps at 98.3F+ (euthyroid levels essentially) every morning (the next milestone). Shouldn't take too long at the rate I've been going. I thought it might take until christmas, but now I think I might make it next month possibly. We shall see.

Until then... catch ya'll on the flip side.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals