My Hypothyroidism Journey

tara

Isn't 180mcg of T3 a really HUGE dose ?
Seems like it to me, esp. if it isn't spread out in lots of smaller doses.
Doesn't the healthy body typically produce about 3-4 mcg/hour? So this would be about double healthy endogenous production?

What and how much are you eating? The thyroid hormones need some substance to work with - fuel, protein, minerals, vitamins. Else it raises stress hormones (-> rT3?).

I don't think I totally understand what you're getting at. Are you saying that if you lower cortisol, then smaller doses of T3 will work?

Well, yes, and listening to the interview I'd think his real issue would be cortisol... that would imply a bunch of causes and effects that make talking about rT3 not really the point anymore. And if I can find the proper interview, there should be many other things that would stop T3 from having an effect regardless of the quantity inside the body.

Makrosky

What and how much are you eating? The thyroid hormones need some substance to work with - fuel, protein, minerals, vitamins. Else it raises stress hormones (-> rT3?).
This is important to keep in mind. To the OP @Lucas

Bodhi

OK thanks. Stupid Windows media app whatever this "Groove" nonsense is. In case anyone is curious, Ray Peat says:

"If you're under stress, your reverse t3 goes up under the influence of cortisol, and if you lower cortisol your reverse t3 just naturally goes down. Everything that helps to lower cortisol will help to free up the normal t3 production without reverse t3 and things that help include sugar and aspirin and b vitamins and minerals."

Still, this doesn't necessarily prove that it's safe to take huge doses of T3 all at once. Maybe I'll get a water bottle and put 20-30 mcg t3 (minimum amount I need to prevent side effects) and drink it throughout the day.

Wait a minute, the whole reason i am taking T3 only is to get myself out of a LOW cortisol state, i have tried allot of stuff including NDT and feel ***t on it, until i learned that my high RT3 is caused by LOW cortisol...

Nighteyes

Wait a minute, the whole reason i am taking T3 only is to get myself out of a LOW cortisol state, i have tried allot of stuff including NDT and feel ***t on it, until i learned that my high RT3 is caused by LOW cortisol...

As I understand both too high and too low cortisol can contribute to problems when sensitizing one self to thyroid hormone (particularly T3). Ray has mentioned that hypothyroid people often produce too little cortisol and have problems with cronic inflammation which in turn will increase rt3. It is all about homeostasis meaning achieving just the right amound of cortisol. It is not some evil hormone, none of them are, really. Only in excess or when too little is present. Dysregulation is where the problem arises. Pregnenolone helps correct cortisol levels as well as proper nutritional status.

firebreather

I have a similar issue. I took 50mcg twice the other day and felt nothing.

My cortisol is in the perfect range and my RT3 is low.

My t3 levels seem to sit right below the range no matter how much I take.

My pulse is around 70 and my temp during the day is about 97.8

I think some bodies are very stubborn. They cling to homeostasis. Mine is like that. It's often a good thing. It's robust. But we don't easily move the gauges. Perhaps it is stored Pufas. T3 increases my heartbeat. Not my temps. But I have hopes that will change.

OP
L

Lucas

Hello.

I think I have hypothyroidism.

I am male, 38 years old.

My symptoms are:

Low body temperature (always 35.9 Celsius at wake up)

Fatigue

Unrefreshing sleep

Heaviness on legs (my legs are weak, whit pain)

So, I did a blood test and my results are:

TSH 5.09 uUI/ml Ref: 0,40 – 4,30 ABOVE RANGE

Free T4: 1,01 ng/dl Ref: 0,70 – 1,80 28,18% OF THE RANGE

Free T3: 0,34 ng/dl Ref: 0,20 – 0,40 70% OF THE RANGE

Fasting Glucose: 88 mg/dl Ref: 70-99 mg/dl

Anti-TPO: <39 UI/ml Ref: < 60 UI/ml

Anti-thyroglobulin: <30 UI/ml Ref: <60 UI/ml

Rheumatoid Factor: < 9,3 UI/ml Ref: < 14,0 UI/ml

Fast Insulin: 7,7 Mu/L Ref: 3- 25

Vit D3: 77,9 ng/ml

Cholesterol : 264 mg/dl

HDL: 72 mg/dl

LDL: 158 mg/dl

Triglycerides : 62 mg/dl

Ferritin: 230 ng/ml

Transferrin saturation: 40%

So, my TSH is high, but why I fell hypo whit a Free T3 70% on the reference range?? It will not to my TSH be suppressed whit a Free T3 at this level?

Can this be a problem of overconversion since my Free T4 is low and my Free T3 is high?

Thank you.

Giraffe

@Lucas, I merged a couple of your threads. For the people who try to help you it's easier with the information in one place. :)

tara

Did you suddenly stop taking your previous thyroid supps before this latest batch of tests? How long before?

Mittir

RP prefers total t3 and total t4 tests, mainly because there are more
data and studies using total T3 and total T4 and there is no extra
significance to Free state. Reverse T3 is needed to interpret free T3.

Your TSH is quite high and that is possibly the reason for higher
conversion of t4 to t3. But, high TSH itself has it's own adverse
effects. High TSH is also associated it high cortisol, which
lowers energy production and causes all sorts of bad things.
If your pulse and temperature are not optimal then
you are in hypothyroid state and level of T3 and
T4 does not matter much. Tests only give partial
information on thyroid status.

OP
L

Lucas

I started this tread at 37 years old.

Now I am 41 years old.

I feel worse whit Thyroid medication (synthetic or natural).

I still have weak legs. I want to cry sometimes for not finding something that works for this. Also, my scalps are greasy, oily whit pimples and I tried all shampoos and nothing works for this!!

It is amazing, but in the past, I was stronger in the gym, have no bald spot on my crow and less temple recession whit a TSH of 5!! I have better sex drive, have stronger orgasm and know it is very weak.

By messing whit thyroid, I became worse.

I will keep this thread alive to record my 2019 journey, to see if I can go to 42 years symptoms free.

I started taking more collagen, but I get sleepy from this.

Now I will get off thyroid medication, my TSH is suppressed, my FreeT3 is high and I fell nothing!! An amazing brain fog that disturbs my job of a governmental audit.

OP
L

Lucas

Today instead of taking 125 mcg of T4 I take 75 mcg whit a halt grain of NDT.

The goal is to drop NDT and taking only 75 mcg of T4 for 2 weeks, than 50 mcg for 2 weeks than drop cold turkey.

Also, I will need to stop taking collagen at night. I get insomnia from it.

OP
L

Lucas

Well, I am close to 42 years old now and I still have low body temperature.

It is always 35.9 Celsius at wake up. Nothing changes it.

I never reached in my life 37 Celsius.

Currently I take 100 mcg of Synthroid.

I feel worse whit 112 mcg and 75 mcg. It always increased fatigue when I try to increase or reduce my dose.

This 100 mcg of T4 keeps my total cholesterol at 260. Whiteout medication, my cholesterol goes to 400!!

I can’t tolerate any t3. Always fell more fatigued whit it.

I always have in blood testes the following: high prolactin, low ceruloplasmin, high ferritin, whit low serum iron. To lower my prolactin, I need to take cabergoline, but I don’t want to be on this medication.

Is strange, but since I began to mess whit this thyroid thing, I have progressed from noorwood 2 to 3 (I have a bald crown now, before it was only the receding hairline, but my crown was full), and I have now very deep nasolabial folds, that go from my nose to my chin, is horrible!!

I will try to post my journey now here to se if in 2020 I get this mystery solved.

In this week I will try MCT oil, magnesium malate and Natural Sources Raw Adrenal to see If I feel something. I want to take off the T4 medication, since it did nothing for my temperature, but I need some support first.

I do high carb, high protein diet and fat for cooking diet. Added orange juice or more sugar/fructose did nothing for me. So, I think that my low metabolism is not diet related.

I sleep from 10 pm to 6 pm every day, have a low stress job and do weight training 2 times a week, full body style.

Thanks’

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals